C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid engine supercar Vette

Old 09-19-2018, 06:35 AM
fsvoboda
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Esedes 170 View Post
So guys, are you going to sell your current one for the mid engine one when it comes out or not? And why.
Probably not. My C7 will be just as nice a car when C8 comes out as it is now, I don't put lots of miles on it, and it has an under-stressed drive train that should go for well over 100,000 miles.

Of course, things can happen that would change that decision. (Major mechanical problems, crashes, and the like. Also it may be that at some point into the C8 model run deals will be good enough that I will make the change.)
Old 09-19-2018, 08:37 AM
Frosty
CF Senior Member

Absolutely not! Renderings look different from the C7 but not better. Performance will likely be a bit better, but the C7 is more car than I am capable of driving at the limit anyway. Trading in a C7 for what will most likely be a much more expensive car will be about ego
Old 09-19-2018, 10:22 AM
Mike Mercury
CF Senior Member

It's all guesswork at this point.

I frequent the C8 section... and some there talk in absolutes; though I think it's actually good-natured foresight and intuition/future prediction based.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:53 PM
torquetube
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury View Post
It's all guesswork at this point.

I frequent the C8 section... and some there talk in absolutes; though I think it's actually good-natured foresight and intuition/future prediction based.
I don't think much of it is very good-natured. The level of feigned certainty is epidemic. Everyone seems compelled to pretend to know things they cannot know.
The Following User Says Thank You to torquetube For This Useful Post:
Mike Mercury (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 08:29 PM
2cnd Chance
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
no. i want a used ZR1 when they get cheap since they fixed BOTH the valve carbon coking problem and the A8 problem with the ZR!, and the ZR1 alone. But that is as far as I go with "improving" the breed.

1984: GM introduced the ME Pontiac Fiero.

Google "Ferrari engine fires." Even from the experts, ME and fires go hand in hand.

Look at GM today, "extended warranties" for possible fuel tank leaks, "triple transmission fluid flushes" for badly vibrating engines causing tranny problems when engine is in V4 mode (fixed only for the ZR1.) Class Action suits against GM for both the C6 Z06 and C7 Z06 to fix mechanical failures.

Unlike the 80's It takes an act of Congress today to get a proper recall on known problems with GM cars. I saw the alpha test of the Fieros, don't need to be an unpaid beta tester for the C8, aka "Fiero 2"
And this just in: The Sky Is Falling!
Old 09-19-2018, 08:31 PM
2cnd Chance
CF Senior Member

Not sure, we have no concrete information regarding the C8 yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mid engine supercar Vette

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: