Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just trying to get my story out

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 05:28 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

I notice many of you special order your cars, while others just buy "spec" cars off the lot. Not sure who decides what options or colors a spec car comes with, but do spec cars and special order cars come down the same assembly line? Is the ZR1 a separate line? Will the ZR1 be assembled with special care, or is it just another car coming down the line with an order sheet telling someone to bolt on this ZR1 part vs a Z06 or base mode part? Will Assembly Worker #3 know how to install a ZR1 suspension and a base model suspension correctly, or do they have a ZR1 worker? Just trying to understand the assembly process to see how this car would end up with so many defects.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:54 PM
ROBWILKER
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by ByRiver
I notice many of you special order your cars, while others just buy "spec" cars off the lot. Not sure who decides what options or colors a spec car comes with, but do spec cars and special order cars come down the same assembly line? Is the ZR1 a separate line? Will the ZR1 be assembled with special care, or is it just another car coming down the line with an order sheet telling someone to bolt on this ZR1 part vs a Z06 or base mode part? Will Assembly Worker #3 know how to install a ZR1 suspension and a base model suspension correctly, or do they have a ZR1 worker? Just trying to understand the assembly process to see how this car would end up with so many defects.
Dealer stock or inventory orders are input on the same GM worldwide network. Check the stickys on ordering cars, constraints etc. All corvettes are produced on the same production line in Bowling Green. KY.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:38 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 71 Posts

Forum

I agree with Robwilker. I’ve loved all my Corvettes. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning every time I get to drive it. I just hope they get their quality control under control. I wouldn’t have any other sports car no matter how much they cost. Take that Ferrari,Lamborghini,Maserati etc,etc,🇺🇸
Old 03-16-2019, 11:50 PM
rogergcam
Pro

Received 163 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Buyers remorse

Originally Posted by 2500 hd
Sounds funny to me..
Sounds like a case of good old fashion BUYERS REMORSE!

Quick Reply: Just trying to get my story out