Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just trying to get my story out

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 08:47 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

I wouldn't go for a new fender - would never match - needs to be blended - good luck with this - not a good situation
Old 09-17-2018, 08:51 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
If a true story, this is incredible and very sad. Email Ms. Barra. One of her minions will interface with your dealer. It can't hurt. Good luck.
my friend that owns streetcar takeover got me in contact with Jamie Meyer which is head of GM performance parts and I emailed him and never heard anything back. I also threw a YouTube her friend got the cell phone number for the head of GM quality control Corvettes and for a second he acted like cared. But then he told me that is what dealerships are for to repair what comes out of the factory wrong. I think this car has far too many problems with it for the factory to send out. My detail guy removed orange paint on top of clear coat that revealed a huge group of fish eyes where someone’s hand or thumb was. This was a cover-up. this was a cover-up Attempt.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:57 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

If you can't get your dealer to do the right thing(s) with the car, for whatever reason and you want to "spend more money" on attorney's fees, go ahead. But, you will not be able to put that on Museum grounds----they own it, they can tow you off and keep you off.

As to attorney(s) turning you down, it sounds like you have no case. When did you first receive the car and how many miles does it have on it?
The following 2 users liked this post by AORoads:
Malum1 (09-17-2018), Steve_R (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 08:57 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Originally Posted by rsvette12
I wouldn't go for a new fender - would never match - needs to be blended - good luck with this - not a good situation
They told me that every vendor from windshield forward would have to be repainted and blended into the doors. I get it that cars have problems but refusing to give me my money back hits me the wrong way.
The following users liked this post:
rsvette12 (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 09:02 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by AORoads
If you can't get your dealer to do the right thing(s) with the car, for whatever reason and you want to "spend more money" on attorney's fees, go ahead. But, you will not be able to put that on Museum grounds----they own it, they can tow you off and keep you off.

As to attorney(s) turning you down, it sounds like you have no case. When did you first receive the car and how many miles does it have on it?
And GM has WAY more money than he does, along with lots of staff attorneys.

I’m still waiting for an explanation why it doesn’t meet OK’s lemon law criteria.

The following 2 users liked this post by Steve_R:
ArmchairArchitect (09-18-2018), Malum1 (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 09:04 PM
2500 hd
Race Director

Received 364 Likes on 231 Posts
St. Jude Donor ‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Sounds funny to me..
Old 09-17-2018, 09:06 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Originally Posted by AORoads

I ordered the car and was there when they unwrapped the white cover off of it. They threw a big party for me the next day with food cake and live music. They had the car roped off. I showed up to the party and stood around with my friends and a lot of people I didn’t know before they took the ropes off from around my car. Car only had a couple miles on it when I drove away . I took it straight to my detail guy to have paint protection installed on everything except the bad fender except he found all the paint problems. I will have a lemon law case if they can’t fix this suspension issue. Attorney told me to call him back once I have multiple shop visits. Going to Bowling Green Kentucky with banners is my dealerships idea. They have tried everything to help me. They were even going to send my card back to General Motors but GM would not take it back.
CorvetteBrent (09-19-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 09:15 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2500 hd
Sounds funny to me..
Because it’s not your $145,000. JS
CorvetteBrent (09-19-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 09:16 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by Guy gm screwed
my dealership is South pointe Chevrolet in Tulsa Oklahoma. They actually have received two 2019 Vettes with cracked fenders in the same spot . I’m telling you what happened to me and you can’t just read it without arguing.
You are telling your story, somewhat ineptly, on a public forum. We are not required to agree with you. We cannot solve your problem. We are not your co-dependents. What you CAN do is use the points we make to refine your story and make it better and more believable. Your choice.

The following 6 users liked this post by mschuyler:
CorvettoBrando (09-18-2018), gurneyeagle (11-08-2018), Hate2Wait (09-18-2018), jimmie jam (11-09-2018), Kent1999 (11-08-2018), Parcival (09-17-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-17-2018, 09:18 PM
jcrooker
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

I can't understand why you took delivery.
gurneyeagle (11-08-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 09:20 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

The issues you have can be fixed but what scares me is the blending work on panels - not to add salt to the wound but not knowing where all the paint issues are that could be a good part of your car needing paint and sometimes blending is not the best way to go about it without seeing it in person - pics above to small - blending in the middle of a panel is not advisable unless they really know their stuff
Old 09-17-2018, 09:25 PM
FlyinLow
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Guy gm screwed

They told me that every vendor from windshield forward would have to be repainted and blended into the doors. I get it that cars have problems but refusing to give me my money back hits me the wrong way.
Its unclear to me, so please clarify, do you want them to buy the car back as a lemon, or do you want an amount of your total purchase price back (I think you mentioned $50k)? You won't get a portion of money back, they will either fix the car or buy it back as a lemon.

As shown above, if the car has been out of commission in the dealers shop for 30 business days, find another lawyer as its pretty cut and dried case.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:28 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,213 Likes on 3,457 Posts

EXACTLY why I'll NEVER spend more than the price of a base Stingray for any GM vehicle.

TOTALLY absurd!

(upon reflection maybe it's the one wrecked by the GM VP at the Detroit GP. Might be a collector piece... some day and won't have many miles,
apparently)

Last edited by Avanti; 09-17-2018 at 09:32 PM.
speed4tu (09-20-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 09:34 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Originally Posted by mschuyler
You are telling your story, somewhat ineptly, on a public forum. We are not required to agree with you. We cannot solve your problem. We are not your co-dependents. What you CAN do is use the points we make to refine your story and make it better and more believable. Your choice.
i’m really not worried that much if you believe me or not. This is my old ZR one on the right. I tracked it for 5 1/2 years. The one on the left is my new ZR one that was paid in full I watch them take the covering off of it and then I left. In their inspection only thing they found was a cracked vendor and they let me know about it. I took delivery because I thought that was the only small issue. This purchase was to replace my truck car. What made me not want the vehicle anymore was the other big problems that came up with the vehicle within days of me owning it. The story is not changing because it’s already true. The reason for me posting in this forum is because someone recommended this to me to get my story out. And hopefully some help. If you’re not willing to help put your tongue back in your mouth.

rsvette12 (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 09:37 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
Well, I guess we can surmise two things from your most recent post:
  1. You didn't inspect the car when you picked it up.
  2. You don't want a lemon law refund or a new car, you want to keep the car, have them repair it, and get $50k back.
Good luck with number 2 because that ain't happening (and shouldn't happen either). Warranties exist because cars aren't always perfect. You aren't entitled to a partial refund when warranty work is done, especially a refund of over 1/3 of the purchase price.
I agree dont see the refund of anything here. OP go for the lemon law & be done with it if they have had your car for 5 months. Robert
Old 09-17-2018, 09:39 PM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

You also have the option of going the BBB route since you followed step one and two from the customer satisfaction procedure in the manual.

Small excerpt from owners manual.

if you continue to remain unsatisfied
after following the procedure
outlined in Steps One and Two, you
can file with the Better Business
Bureau (BBB) Auto LineŽ Program
to enforce your rights.
The BBB Auto Line Program is an
out-of-court program administered
by the Council of Better Business
Bureaus to settle automotive
disputes regarding vehicle repairs or
the interpretation of the New Vehicle
Limited Warranty. Although you may
be required to resort to this informal
dispute resolution program prior to
filing a court action, use of the
program is free of charge and your
case will generally be heard within
40 days.
SpeedyD (09-18-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 09:43 PM
kaplana08
Pro

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Just don't understand.

50k or 150k GM will always be GM. To expect anything else is foolish. Noises, cracking windshields, Warble Noise,,Torque Converter defective, Poor paint quality.Radio display craping out. The list goes on and on. How anyone could defend them is rediculous. the last great cars from GM were in the 60s.When you buy a GM car you should not be supried at anything.

Last edited by kaplana08; 09-18-2018 at 12:15 PM.
speed4tu (09-20-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Just trying to get my story out

Old 09-17-2018, 09:46 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Originally Posted by robert miller
I agree dont see the refund of anything here. OP go for the lemon law & be done with it if they have had your car for 5 months. Robert
The car has been messed up for five months. This time the car has been in the shop for almost one month. The first time I took it to the shop was because the air conditioning did not work and they told me they had to pull the dash so I took my car back because they said it could take up to 2 1/2 weeks and I had a track day in three days already paid for. I put it on the track and within two or three laps the suspension started popping and clunking . I put it on the trailer and the car sat in my shop for two months while I argued with GM wanting my money back or a replacement but then a lemon law attorney told me that I am better off taking the car into the shop and letting them try to fix it that way I have a case. It’s been in the shop for almost a month And they still haven’t fixed the suspension. Can’t even get to the air conditioning problem until they get the suspension prob fixed. All it’s doing is helping my case. I was planning on buying the mid engine ZR1 next but not anymore. I’m going to fight for my money back and get me a 720s.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:47 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by kaplana08
the last great cars from GM were in the 60s.

The following 8 users liked this post by Steve_R:
CorvettoBrando (09-18-2018), DALE#3 (09-18-2018), Hopper12 (09-22-2018), Kevin A Jones (09-19-2018), REDZED2 (09-21-2018), robert miller (03-13-2019), Woodson (09-18-2018), Zymurgy (09-24-2018) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-17-2018, 09:49 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Originally Posted by c54u
you also have the option of going the bbb route since you followed step one and two from the customer satisfaction procedure in the manual.

Small excerpt from owners manual.

If you continue to remain unsatisfied
after following the procedure
outlined in steps one and two, you
can file with the better business
bureau (bbb) auto lineŽ program
to enforce your rights.
The bbb auto line program is an
out-of-court program administered
by the council of better business
bureaus to settle automotive
disputes regarding vehicle repairs or