Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 07:49 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Well, I guess we can surmise two things from your most recent post:
  1. You didn't inspect the car when you picked it up.
  2. You don't want a lemon law refund or a new car, you want to keep the car, have them repair it, and get $50k back.
Good luck with number 2 because that ain't happening (and shouldn't happen either). Warranties exist because cars aren't always perfect. You aren't entitled to a partial refund when warranty work is done, especially a refund of over 1/3 of the purchase price.
The following 3 users liked this post by Steve_R:
ArmchairArchitect (09-18-2018), rogergcam (03-16-2019), The Chev (10-04-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 07:53 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Zaphod B
I think there's more to this story than the OP is letting on.
What else do you need to know? I took delivery of a vehicle that had a cracked fender. That’s all I knew About at delivery. Drove it a couple miles to my detail guy to have expel PPF installed. and he removed orange airbrush paint from on top of clearcoat and found other areas of discoloration that I didn’t notice. When I got the car back to break the engine in I found out the air conditioning doesn’t even work . I changed oil and put it on the track in the suspension pops and clocks. What am I leaving out? GM has done nothing to help me I’ve talk to them 30 times. Would you like my caseworkers number?
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (09-19-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 07:55 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steve_R
From here:

Oklahoma has, as most other states have, enacted laws to protect consumers from defective motor vehicles. Most of the vehicles sold today are well-made.

In days past, vehicle recalls were heard about regularly, and consumers found themselves out many thousands of dollars because there were not laws in effect to protect them from defective motor vehicles.

Is My Vehicle a Lemon?

For your vehicle to be considered a lemon in Oklahoma, one of the following criteria must apply:
  • You've had your vehicle for at least 1 year.
  • The car manufacturer has made at least 4 attempts to fix the defect.
  • The vehicle has been out of service in a repair shop for 30 business days.
The dealer or manufacturer can offer any of the following solutions:
  • Replace your lemon with a new vehicle.
  • Return the original purchase price.
    • Plus tax, registration, and other related fees and expenses.
You may want to consider hiring a lemon law attorney if the manufacturer or authorized dealer is unresponsive or unable to resolve the issue. You may be able to find a resolution by filing a complaint or a civil suit.

Filing a Lemon Law Claim

If your new car begins to show signs of a defect shortly after you purchase it, you must inform the dealership right away and have your car looked at by the service department of your dealership.

The dealership is permitted to make a reasonable attempt to repair or otherwise remedy the problem. If you are concerned for your safety while driving the vehicle, address this with the dealership to see if they have a loaner vehicle you may use until the problem is resolved or a repair attempted.

You may also wish to contact an attorney specializing in lemon law if you fee like the dealership is not being cooperative with you.

If your car has been in the shop for almost 5 months, you clearly fall under the red bolded statement and, by OK law, the dealer is required to either replace the car or refund the purchase price.
i’ve already tried the lemon law route this car has to be in and out of the shop multiple times for the same thing . That’s why I put it in the shop but it’s like they can’t fix it and I haven’t got my car back
Old 09-17-2018, 07:56 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by Guy gm screwed

I shouldn’t have to pay full price for a car that comes to me broken is my point . I don’t have a problem with them fixing it/ repainting it. I have a problem with paying full price for a vehicle that I found out is broken everywhere. They should give me a minimum of 50k back. I’m pretty sure anybody that paid 150,000k for a car and had it a couple days just to find out the whole front end has to be repainted the dash has to be taken out and the suspension is messed up would want their money back also. I’m not wanting to take the loss of value on this new vehicle.
Are you worried they cant perform the repairs properly ? I don't know, maybe they cant.
Whatever happens, don't let your imagination run away from you. All cars can be fixed, and fixed properly.
I cant even count the number of times I've had four or five pages of warranty repairs on new a car, and the owner is just certain its going to be a disaster.
But, you work through them and somehow everyone ends up happy.
So don't be your own enemy on this.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:57 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

i’ve already tried the lemon law route this car has to be in and out of the shop multiple times for the same thing . That’s why I put it in the shop but it’s like they can’t fix it and I haven’t got my car back
Read it again. Here, both of these seem to apply from your description:

The following 2 users liked this post by Steve_R:
2019 ZR1 (06-15-2019), CorvetteBrent (09-19-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Originally Posted by RFBHD
I am having a hard time believing this story.... lets see the window sticker ..... I looked at your twitter feed.... no way GM shipped that car with that crack in the fender
my dealership is South pointe Chevrolet in Tulsa Oklahoma. They actually have received two 2019 Vettes with cracked fenders in the same spot . I’m telling you what happened to me and you can’t just read it without arguing.

Originally Posted by RFBHD
I am having a hard time believing this story.... lets see the window sticker ..... I looked at your twitter feed.... no way GM shipped that car with that crack in the fender
If you would like to look it up it’s Vin number 000094

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 09-17-2018 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 09-17-2018, 08:13 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

$145,000 yup I would not be a happy camper - wondering why you accepted the car with obvious cosmetic flaws
Parcival (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 08:16 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader
Are you worried they cant perform the repairs properly ? I don't know, maybe they cant.
Whatever happens, don't let your imagination run away from you. All cars can be fixed, and fixed properly.
I cant even count the number of times I've had four or five pages of warranty repairs on new a car, and the owner is just certain its going to be a disaster.
But, you work through them and somehow everyone ends up happy.
So don't be your own enemy on this.
I’ve missed my whole racing season and guess what the car still not fixed . I haven’t put the harness bar in the car because I’ve been waiting to see if GM would give me my money back Or build me a car that works. For 145k I don’t want a car that has been repainted/Dash pulled out/multiple suspension parts replaced/all the carbon fiber rivets drilled out. I didn’t buy a refurbished vehicle
Old 09-17-2018, 08:17 PM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

my dealership is South pointe Chevrolet in Tulsa Oklahoma. They actually have received two 2019 Vettes with cracked fenders in the same spot . I’m telling you what happened to me and you can’t just read it without arguing.

Has the dealership been able to get an answer to where the cracked fender problem originates.....transport loading /unloading, bad quality control inspections at plant....other?

Old 09-17-2018, 08:20 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Read it again. Here, both of these seem to apply from your description:
I have already talked to a lemon law attorney and he instantly wouldn’t take the case that’s why my car is back in the shop. I have been fighting for my money back or a replacement vehicle. I talked to a regular attorney also and General Motors instantly told me since you talk to an attorney we can no longer help you now.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:21 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

I’ve missed my whole racing season and guess what the car still not fixed . I haven’t put the harness bar in the car because I’ve been waiting to see if GM would give me my money back Or build me a car that works. For 145k I don’t want a car that has been repainted/Dash pulled out/multiple suspension parts replaced/all the carbon fiber rivets drilled out. I didn’t buy a refurbished vehicle
I dont blame you thats a bunch of money
Old 09-17-2018, 08:21 PM
montanaman
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Sad story. I can't understand why they didn't at least fix the paint and body work before they sold it. I just bought a new C7 and there had been some significant "lot damage" but it had been repaired before I bought it ( not disclosed though). As far as the other mechanical items I don't know what to say. It sounds like the plant was having a bad day when it was put together. Your far enough down the road with them that you should send them an e-mail ( dealer first) and tell them you want a working time frame when you can expect the car to be 100% fixed correctly and what the steps are. If they don't give you a hard answer then your going to have to go the lemon law route or hire an attorney to take it farther. Avoid that last one until all hope is lost. I guess even 150k cars can be lemons but one would hope when they are building a ZR-1 they are paying attention.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:23 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

thanks!
Old 09-17-2018, 08:24 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

I have already talked to a lemon law attorney and he instantly wouldn’t take the case...
Why not? Does it not meet the criteria yet?

Old 09-17-2018, 08:25 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

If a true story, this is incredible and very sad. Email Ms. Barra. One of her minions will interface with your dealer. It can't hurt. Good luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by rmorin1249:
CorvetteBrent (09-19-2018), Rebel Yell (09-19-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 08:30 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Originally Posted by montanaman
Sad story. I can't understand why they didn't at least fix the paint and body work before they sold it. I just bought a new C7 and there had been some significant "lot damage" but it had been repaired before I bought it ( not disclosed though). As far as the other mechanical items I don't know what to say. It sounds like the plant was having a bad day when it was put together. Your far enough down the road with them that you should send them an e-mail ( dealer first) and tell them you want a working time frame when you can expect the car to be 100% fixed correctly and what the steps are. If they don't give you a hard answer then your going to have to go the lemon law route or hire an attorney to take it farther. Avoid that last one until all hope is lost. I guess even 150k cars can be lemons but one would hope when they are building a ZR-1 they are paying attention.
The attorney I talk to has dealt with them before and he told me that GM will force me into arbitration. They then will stretch it out and run my attorney fees up in hopes of me giving up. I decided to go on social media first but this is by far not over. my custom car hauler came in and I just might get the car back and put it on display in front of the Corvette Museum. I have all the time in the world and will pay for an attorney if I have to.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:31 PM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Just trying to get my story out

Old 09-17-2018, 08:38 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Well, I guess we can surmise two things from your most recent post:
  1. You didn't inspect the car when you picked it up.
  2. You don't want a lemon law refund or a new car, you want to keep the car, have them repair it, and get $50k back.
Good luck with number 2 because that ain't happening (and shouldn't happen either). Warranties exist because cars aren't always perfect. You aren't entitled to a partial refund when warranty work is done, especially a refund of over 1/3 of the purchase price.
whatever the depreciation value of taking a brand new vehicle would be and pulling the dash out in search of what’s wrong pulling all the fenders off from windshield up and repainting and fading into the doors. There is a huge diminished value of the vehicle at that point. Whatever that value would be is what I want back. if they put that car on the showroom floor and advertised it as being brand new. What would someone pay for that vehicle if you knew it’s been tore apart everywhere. 50 grand less is a number I throughout there. I’m willing to spend 50 grand on an attorney next in hopes of keeping general motors from shitting on the little guy.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:41 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Originally Posted by rsvette12
$145,000 yup I would not be a happy camper - wondering why you accepted the car with obvious cosmetic flaws
All I knew when I took possession was a crack in the fender. I thought GM would just send me a painted fender from factory and I would have a car. But no I found out shortly after that there are many major issues which made me feel ripped off .
The following 2 users liked this post by Guy gm screwed:
CorvetteBrent (09-19-2018), rsvette12 (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 08:45 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

whatever the depreciation value of taking a brand new vehicle would be and pulling the dash out in search of what’s wrong pulling all the fenders off from windshield up and repainting and fading into the doors. There is a huge diminished value of the vehicle at that point. Whatever that value would be is what I want back. if they put that car on the showroom floor and advertised it as being brand new. What would someone pay for that vehicle if you knew it’s been tore apart everywhere. 50 grand less is a number I throughout there. I’m willing to spend 50 grand on an attorney next in hopes of keeping general motors from shitting on the little guy.
Well I like the way that sounds !
Keep us posted.
The following 3 users liked this post by PatternDayTrader:
ArmchairArchitect (09-18-2018), CorvetteBrent (09-19-2018), firstvettesoon (09-18-2018)

Quick Reply: Just trying to get my story out