Sponsored by:

Just trying to get my story out

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 08:41 PM
dreamr616
Drifting

Received 632 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Guy gm screwed

i’m not sure what the difference is in the suspension from my 2013 ZR1 other than this new one is much Stiffer. Took the car to my home track. Once on the track about two lapse in once I get the tires good and warm coming into corners in the braking zone you enter the turn and as you turn the steering wheel there’s a pop and then mid turn there’s like a clunk or shift in the suspension. Almost feels like a body bolt that has space but I told the dealership about it and they checked them. and it still does it on normal roads now. I’m wondering if it could be something in the rack and Pinion or can ball joints can shift? I figured the dealership would’ve figured it out by now. I’ve been talking with General Motors for 4 1/2 months. People assume that my car has been in the shop the whole entire time. It sat in my shop collecting dust for over two months while I waited for responses from General Motors . They’re not exactly efficient when it comes to their customer service . Originally I was going to purchase a 720 S but my broker couldn’t find the one I wanted. He text me that he found one after I had already purchased the vette.
I'm surprised your dealer hasn't contacted the Corvette Brand Quality manager for the paint and interior issues as well as the dealership's service manager using his GM DSM (district service manager) to have the GM FSE (field service engineers) come out to diagnose and fix the mechanical problems. Being in the shop for five months would certainly warrant that. The FSEs are pretty amazing guys. They know how to get things done when there's something wrong. Sounds like Southpoint has been struggling trying to figure out how to fix things. Getting the DSM and FSEs involved should have been done awhile ago. Having worked at a Chevy dealer, I can tell you first hand that problems like this do happen but GM have the resources to help get them resolved IF they right people are in the loop.

I will say though if you're looking for a buyback, once you get attorneys involved, GM will pretty much walk away from any buyback help and just let their corporate legal staff handle things from there.

I really hope things work out in your favor. I know it sure would put a big dampener on the experience of buying GM's halo vehicle.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:49 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Originally Posted by Sconn
Really? With all of the grammar and spelling mistakes on this forum, that one got to you? I seriously have to bite my tongue with some of the incorrect usage I see on this forum.

One I've been seeing regularly lately is "one" instead of "won". Ugh...

​​​
It's a carry over joke from OT where everyone spells "loser" as "looser" on purpose... I guess my reference was too much of a reach hahaahah
Old 09-18-2018, 08:50 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Originally Posted by Slynky
LOL... given the number of people who don't realize there is a contraction for "you are" (you're), it follows that there will be people who misspell all sorts of other more "difficult" words. (just sayin')
Originally Posted by Thunder22
It's a carry over joke from OT where everyone spells "loser" as "looser" on purpose... I guess my reference was too much of a reach hahaahah
same answer to you
Old 09-18-2018, 09:09 PM
FlyinLow
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 108 Posts

I don't understand how any body shop would blend paint over a clear coat, you blend the paint then clear coat, applying a base coat without clear is only going to give you dull paint. Any body shop at a dealership knows better, so I don't understand the comments about paint being applied over the clear.

I also don't understand why the OP would have the car sit in his shop for a month while trying to get his money back, that's not how lemon laws work, you have to give them a chance to repair, which sounds like he is doing now.

I also want to understand this comment (see the bold part): The first drive when I picked up the car from the detail shop is when I found out the air-conditioning didn’'t work . Yes they removed orange paint from on top of the clearcoat when he took the emblems off to prep the paint .

Are you saying they took the Corvette badges off the car, or the ZR1 emblems off the car, or both? Who took them off, the detailer or the dealer when they tried to fix the fender? If the detailer took them off, why would they take off the emblems to detail the car? Just trying to understand what the OP is saying here.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:34 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Thunder22
It's a carry over joke from OT where everyone spells "loser" as "looser" on purpose...
You forgot....prolly and teh. I'm sure there are others but those two come to mind now. I even use prolly in FB sometimes...

Old 09-18-2018, 11:02 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

If, and that is a big if, the OP's story is complete, then I have to agree with others that have said it's time for the lemon law to be applied.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:57 AM
SoCalDDP
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

My brother bought a C6 new that ended up getting bought back by GM as a lemon.

Seat belts kept tightening making it difficult to drive. Multiple flatbed tows back to the dealership and GM finally bought it back. In his case, because it was a seat belt "safety" issue, he was able to get all his money back and return the car to GM.

Any safety related defects in your ZR1? Might be another possible angle to pursue

Last edited by SoCalDDP; 09-19-2018 at 01:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 03:50 AM
CorvetteBrent
Burning Brakes

Received 320 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by RFBHD
So your telling us the dealer takes your brand new ZR1 with a CRACKED FENDER and they put it on the show room floor to display it for all to see.... Let me see if I ordered my 145k dream car would i let them put it out on the floor where some brain dead soccer mom lets her 5 year old crash the new baby's stroller past the ropes into the side of my car ???? The crack was there on delivery but you took it to get expel before it was fixed... air conditioning not working on delivery??? dash falling apart??? I dont buy it one bit!!!
So you write that you "don't buy it one bit" regarding the OP's non-functioning air conditioning? Bold words. Are you saying he's a liar? Have you met him or spoken with him personally? Or are your mind-reading skills so well honed that you can confidently make such a bold (and insulting) statement. If so, you must be more perspicacious than I. I don't think it's impossible or even terribly surprising that this car could have issues with air conditioning and dash fit and finish.

Last edited by CorvetteBrent; 09-19-2018 at 03:54 AM.
ROBWILKER (09-22-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 04:08 AM
CorvetteBrent
Burning Brakes

Received 320 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Once in a great while someone's "social media" approach goes viral and results in a change. However, the ones that work usually have a "woe is me!" approach that elicits sympathy from the viewers. There has got to be some empathy that makes people want to promote the victim's story. Something like "Pregnant woman evicted due to bank error" works. Here you have a guy who buys a car for $150K cash, fails to look it over, has an inconsistent story, has completely unreasonable demands, and argues with anyone who dares to point out his story's flaws. in short, he's not very likeable. At least this attempt to elicit sympathy on social media is a complete flop.
You conclude that the OP isn't likeable? Speak for yourself. I have no beef with the OP's posts or with him personally. It seems to me his frustrating experience is a cautionary tale from which some people can learn. Perhaps he has done some things differently than some others would have done, but we all live and learn, and we all have different personal styles and ways of reacting to frustrating situations. If I spent $145,000 on a new car, I would have very high expectations.
The following 5 users liked this post by CorvetteBrent:
billiam01 (09-19-2018), Deweyox (09-19-2018), Pete43 (03-16-2019), ROBWILKER (09-22-2018), rsvette12 (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 10:52 AM
FringbirdAloha
Burning Brakes

Received 729 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by yeller z06
Here are my two cents from someone who has gone the lemon law route (not with GM) and has bought 3 new Corvettes (and a few used ones).

- We should all learn from these mistakes. The OP admits to accepting the car from the dealer knowing that the fender was cracked (post 66). That was mistake #1.
- OP took car to detailer before letting the dealer fix the paint. That was mistake #2 - they could claim that the detailer caused the damage.
- OP makes numerous posts on this forum (and maybe elsewhere) and doesn't come off very credible. I wonder how he communicates with the dealer? In these cases, the dealer is your friend, not your competition. Three things to do: Write what you want to say, and then set it aside. Wait until you calm down, and review it for clarity, remove emotion from the statements of fact. And proofread. Proofread it again and then have your wife proofread it. You can come off as a ranting lunatic when you don't. And fix little things like "lift" or "fender" so that the reader doesn't have to try and figure out what you mean to say.
- Mistake #4 is not being realistic. GM is not going to take the car back to the factory. GM is not going to give you $50K for your troubles, which honestly, are not that big a deal (bad paint) compared to failing drivetrains, wheels falling off, etc. I'm not trying to diminish the pain here, just sayin' that in the grand scheme of things...

I also agree with the posters who suggest that as a track car, it's not a garage queen. And how the heck can you hear suspension noises in a track car? Aside from the exhaust noise, you likely have on a helmet. Those gotta be some serious noises!

I'm trying to be helpful, not critical. Best of luck to the OP.
Exactly. Something is being left out of the story. My dealer has satisfactorily fixed a multitude of problems in every Camaro and Corvette I’ve ever owned and I’ve been totally happy with the results. OP is too neurotic for his own good.

Im having a really hard time figuring out how this car escaped BG QC. Hmmmm.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:12 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Still trying to get my arms around this one - in for the fix...
Old 09-19-2018, 11:18 AM
iw172
Drifting

Location: Retired early,everyday is Saturday...Hocking Hills Ohio
Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

no you’re still wrong, I wouldn’t have moved that bitch an inch. I’m patient...
Old 09-19-2018, 11:19 AM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 294 Posts

Really? With all of the grammar and spelling mistakes on this forum, that one got to you? I seriously have to bite my tongue with some of the incorrect usage I see on this forum.

​​​
Hell with the incorrect spelling of words. How about all the guys that don't even know about the word "than" ?
Old 09-19-2018, 11:51 AM
Deweyox
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rsvette12
I dont blame you thats a bunch of money
You have every right to be livid period. Because you "talked" to an attorney they won't help you. If you retained tham that's one thing but talking to them??? They are total BS. This hurts. Sorry
Old 09-19-2018, 11:53 AM
Deweyox
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
If, and that is a big if, the OP's story is complete, then I have to agree with others that have said it's time for the lemon law to be applied.
It shouldnt matter that we got the cliff notes version. I'm sure we'd all agree it's f***** up.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:12 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteBrent
You conclude that the OP isn't likeable? Speak for yourself. I have no beef with the OP's posts or with him personally. It seems to me his frustrating experience is a cautionary tale from which some people can learn. Perhaps he has done some things differently than some others would have done, but we all live and learn, and we all have different personal styles and ways of reacting to frustrating situations. If I spent $145,000 on a new car, I would have very high expectations.
I am speaking for myself. TRY to get beyond your own visceral reaction and understand here. I was NOT speaking out of context as you are. The ISSUE I RESPONDED to was the idea that his story would "go viral," GM would be thus chagrined enough and bow to his demands and everything would be peachy. My POINT was that stories that do go viral usually elicit empathy from those who pass it on and cause the viral effect. The story has to address a deep injustice, something obvious and intentional on the part of the Bad Guy, something people can see happening to themselves. Maybe you feel empathy for this guy, but the average person will not. Why? Because to normal people those who buy $150K cars for cash that are toys is not something they get off on.They are people trying to figure out how to pay health insurance every month. $150K is enough to send a kid to college if you are very frugal and use junior colleges and state schools. $150K for a car and then whining about it? You've got to be nuts! OP is not hurting financially. He's not suffering, and he's making unreasonable demands (like deciding he deserves $50K back). Plus he lashes out at anyone who suggests he approach this differently. Then we have the credibility issue. There are quite a number of people on this board alone who smell something fishy about this overall story and a few more who wonder why OP accepted delivery of this flawed car. Basically, he screwed up. I absolutely guarantee you that if this story got out to the general public and the MSM the comments would be almost universally derisive. The general public has no sympathy at all for someone stomping his feet and acting like an entitled rich boy who is not getting his way. That simply is not a likeable position to take and will NOT elicit the sympathy inherent in the elements common to a viral story. This story is NOT going to "go viral" because people will not put up with this kind of whining crap. That's the point. If you still don't get it, well, I tried, and I don't give a crap if you don't.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:28 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Ok, there is way too much BS in this thread. To the OP, I have successfully sued GM in a Lemon Law suite and won with no issues and all costs paid by GM on the decision of them being at fault.
1. Satisfy the lemon law as laid out by the state you live in: saw it was posted. Time in shop is already a winner for you.
2. The State Lemon Law system DOES NOT SET UP FOR A LAWSUIT!! Ok, the Lemon Law is an arbitration process.
3. Once I met all the state Lemon Law applicable in my case, I contacted an attorney that specializes in such issues. He has experience with GM.
4. Give that attorney all your files. Make sure you have kept dates of conversation and whom you spoke to, whether dealership or GM. I had conferences with GM zone reps and the dealership. The Zone rep sat in a room and told me, more or less qoute for qoute, that he is GM and I will never win.
5. Take info to attorney. In my case, he made one phone call and it was done. The same azz-hole GM zone rep, that made the statement above, had to hand me the check and I laughed at him.

Stop whining in this forum and take care of this issue. GM is going to protect their interest. Their interest is not you, the customer. Move on.........

Last edited by WhiteDiamond; 09-19-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Just trying to get my story out

Old 09-19-2018, 01:30 PM
LimeyC5
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts

​​​
And 'could of' instead of 'could have'
DWS44 (09-21-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 01:41 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 834 Likes on 370 Posts

[QUOTE=Guy gm screwed;1598006057]
Originally Posted by iw172

exactly. that bitch wouldn’t have moved an inch w/that much **** wrong w/it...
[/QUOTE
You’re a keyboard warrior. You would’ve taken the car just like I did if you only knew about one little problem and then found out about the problems from the detail shop just like I did. The first drive when I picked up the car from the detail shop is when I found out the air-conditioning didn’t work . Yes they removed orange paint from on top of the clearcoat when he took the emblems off to prep the paint .

She looks good from far away!
Old 09-19-2018, 01:43 PM
ant812
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
The story has to address a deep injustice, something obvious and intentional on the part of the Bad Guy, something people can see happening to themselves. Maybe you feel empathy for this guy, but the average person will not. Why? Because to normal people those who buy $150K cars for cash that are toys is not something they get off on.They are people trying to figure out how to pay health insurance every month. $150K is enough to send a kid to college if you are very frugal and use junior colleges and state schools.
this makes sense.

Last edited by ant812; 09-19-2018 at 01:44 PM. Reason: grammar

Quick Reply: Just trying to get my story out