Sponsored by:

Help with window sticker/options lookup

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 10:58 AM
Ravis22
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Help with window sticker/options lookup

I’m looking at potentially buying a used GS and it’s not at a Chevy dealer (which I’d prefer).

Any advice on how to look up/confirm what model it is and what all options came on a vehicle?

I tried googling looking this up with the VIN but most of the tools don’t seem to work. Since the car is an hour+ from me, would like to confirm everything before driving out there.

Appreviate the help!
Old 09-26-2018, 11:04 AM
saleen556
Le Mans Master

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,193 Posts

All the options are listed near the battery under the rear carpet. Have them send you a photo.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:06 AM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,954 Likes on 941 Posts

You have a FREE option for a quick lookup:

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/vehicle/land.php

If you want the actual Window Sticker - you can order it from the Corvette Museum - it costs about $100 (laminated) and that will include the Build Sheet as well.

https://www.corvettemuseum.org/learn...ndow-stickers/
Old 09-26-2018, 12:45 PM
Ravis22
Instructor

Originally Posted by saleen556
All the options are listed near the battery under the rear carpet. Have them send you a photo.
Interesting, I had heard there was a label with the RPO codes in the glove box (which was my next plan), but this sounds like another option, thanks!
Old 09-26-2018, 12:50 PM
Ravis22
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mayor111
You have a FREE option for a quick lookup:

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/vehicle/land.php

If you want the actual Window Sticker - you can order it from the Corvette Museum - it costs about $100 (laminated) and that will include the Build Sheet as well.

https://www.corvettemuseum.org/learn...ndow-stickers/
Thanks Mayor111! Not sure I want to drop $100 before buying the car, but if I can't get the info any other way guess it's not that might when considering $50-60k!

I took a quick look at your first link, but didn't see where it mentioned what options came with the vehicle, seemed more like a Carfax type of report, but I was looking at it on my phone. Will have to look closer when I get home.

Also see you are in Easton, PA... I'm in Clinton, NJ, so not too far away! I'm fairly new to the area, any good Corvette clubs or get togethers in the area?

Thanks, Rob
Old 09-26-2018, 01:38 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Ravis, just a suggestion. Take the VIN# to your local dealer's service dept., and ask them if they will run the maintenance records for you. That way you can see if the car has had any problems. Also, if possible try to make sure the car hasn't had any aftermarket engine tunes installed as that will void the drive train warranty. Good luck.

BTW, as stated above. If your budget allows, buy new. We only live once.....
Old 09-26-2018, 01:40 PM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,954 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravis22
Thanks Mayor111! Not sure I want to drop $100 before buying the car, but if I can't get the info any other way guess it's not that might when considering $50-60k!

I took a quick look at your first link, but didn't see where it mentioned what options came with the vehicle, seemed more like a Carfax type of report, but I was looking at it on my phone. Will have to look closer when I get home.

Also see you are in Easton, PA... I'm in Clinton, NJ, so not too far away! I'm fairly new to the area, any good Corvette clubs or get togethers in the area?

Thanks, Rob
Hey Rob,

Im sorry - I should have suggested the SPID label in the glove box... I thought you had already to decide to buy it, and would want the Window Sticker.

Call the dealer and have them send you a clear picture of the SPID label - then download the app CORVETTE DNA on your phone. With that app, you can pull up a Corvette, by year, by model, and then it will show you list of ALL options - then compare to the picture they sent you - you will then know every option AND the car's value based on the options - so you'll also know if you are getting a good deal or not.

Your SPID will look like this - all those letters and numbers are the options - they will be listed just like that in the app:

The following 2 users liked this post by Mayor111:
Dale Stevens (09-26-2018), JMII (09-26-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 01:44 PM
Strake
Melting Slicks

Received 1,875 Likes on 1,010 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

The label is in the rear of the car, under the carpet, next to the battery compartment.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:29 PM
Ravis22
Instructor

Thanks for all the info everyone, this was very helpful! Even for the future if this one doesn't go through.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (09-27-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Help with window sticker/options lookup

Quick Reply: Help with window sticker/options lookup