Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Stingray odd flutter noise/hesitation on acceleration.. Please help

C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stingray odd flutter noise/hesitation on acceleration.. Please help

Old 09-26-2018, 10:28 PM
SpeedLimitGone

Default Stingray odd flutter noise/hesitation on acceleration.. Please help

Hi Guys,

This will be my first time posting on this forum. I am the recent owner (2 months ago) of a 2015 C7 Corvette Stingray Z51 with only 12,000kms. I was very happy with the purchase as I work at a BMW dealership so I got a wicked deal and this car has every option you could possibly add, HOWEVER!

Since my ownership I've been having this problem that the dealership service techs just cant seem to fricken solve. Any time I am rolling (40-100kms lets say) and try to accelerate from low rpms I get an odd "Flutter or hesitation" with an odd sound coming out the exhaust until it kicks to the higher RPMS and it goes away. This is not normal as I have driven my friends C7's and other which definitely do not have this odd sound/feeling. It will also happen when heavy accelerating in the higher RPMS but never above 4500. It almost sounds like the engine or exhaust is dieing out and makes an odd "Fluttering sound".

I took it into the shop and it was first thought it was a Belt tensioner issue as this was a bulletin..... Still Happens after fix.... THEN after going back they diagnosed it as "TCC transmission shudder"....... STILL HAPPENS AFTER THAT....... THEN I come back and the other tech says "No, that's a PING". they clean my valves and tell me to put the HIGHEST GRADE of gas I can find (94 Octane here in Canada) and drive...... This is STILL HAPPENING. I have now phoned back to ask WTF IS GOING ON. They have now replied with "This is normal its called acceleration PING" or whatever. This happens in no other C7 I have driven so far so no guys..... it's not normal.

I am at my wits end with this ******* problem and I am hoping someone on this forum can shed some light before I pull all of my hair out. I love this car but I can't drive it and enjoy it with this annoying problem.

Last edited by SpeedLimitGone; 09-26-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:07 AM
rmorin1249
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,235 Times in 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Probably related to one or more of the following:

1. AFM
2. Torque Converter
3. Exhaust valves

Your dealer should have info and/or TSBs on each of the above.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:34 AM
SpeedLimitGone

Originally Posted by rmorin1249 View Post
Probably related to one or more of the following:

1. AFM
2. Torque Converter
3. Exhaust valves

Your dealer should have info and/or TSBs on each of the above.
Thanks for your response. I've had it off the road and just put it back on and have done the following. I've had the TC torque Converter flushed and no change in the flutter/stutter sound. I've also had the exhaust valve replaced and no change.

Not sure where else to look any thoughts?
Old 03-15-2019, 07:56 AM
stevettec7
CF Senior Member

Sounds about like the same time/mileage my ‘15 starting experience the problem your having. It sounds like it might be time for a new torque converter. The GM TSB concerning the flush appears to be a bandaid fix IMO. Here’s a list (in order) of the items I’ve had replaced so far:

1 Torque Coverter
1 Transmission/TC Assemby
1 Valve Body Assemby
1 Valve Body Assembly Rebuild

Stay on ‘em. You’ll eventually get past your A8 issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stingray odd flutter noise/hesitation on acceleration.. Please help

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: