Sponsored by:

Proper Hood Closing Procedure

Old 10-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Kevin A Jones
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 1,907 Times in 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by SRQStingray View Post
Wow, it amazes me how Corvette owners are so ****. I drop my hood from about a foot. It always latches. Next, we will see a thread on how hard to push the start button or which finger to use.
Closing a hood certainly seems simple enough, however next time you are at Carlisle notice how many Corvettes have paint and/or panel checking/cracking on the hood, especially over latch areas from improper closing.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:12 AM
C7GSCorvette

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

I have watched them at the plant. They just drop them from about the height of the top of the roof.or windshield.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:19 AM
Slynky
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 110 Times in 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones View Post
I can remember when wanting to take care of your stuff and do things correctly was looked upon as a positive trait, now you get a disorder pined on you.
I've read all the posts in here. As I have grown accustomed to in this forum, too many sarcastic, unhelpful, and insulting replies to--as Kevin refers to above--people who just want to be sure they are taking proper care of a part of their car.

There is at least one video made by a dealership to demonstrate a proper way to close the hood and references to other buyers receiving instructional care during receipt of their car from their sales person. As I mentioned before, the hood is of a different material than hoods on most other cars, it's front-hinged which is different than most other cars, and has two latches instead of just one in the center (like most other cars). So, there is at least some support for a person asking the questions as other people have addressed it and the hood is quite different from most every other car.

So, why does it seem to bother so many people here that the OP just wanted to be sure he was doing it the best way? And, of course, there is the repeated remark about so many OCD Corvette owners... I might just as easily ask why so many Corvette forum members here feel the need to respond to their "brother's" questions with insults... SMH
Old 10-09-2018, 10:35 AM
shadeshift
CF Senior Member

Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

I usually stand in front of mine with my back to the front bumper and sit down like you would on any stool or bench. This is the softest and best way to ensure it's closed.

If you aim right, the hood vent makes a pretty decent seat after a long day. Just wanted to share my technique.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Proper Hood Closing Procedure

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: