Not a nice dealership!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 10:01 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Or what, exactly?
Risk losing yet another customer. Permanently.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:35 PM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 187 Posts
CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

Let me add one thing: I always buy my other cars locally. Besides my 2 corvettes, I own late a late model Cadillac and a late model pickup. If a dealer did this to me, he would be off of my approved vendors list. In the long run this may cost him a little money, but I guess there are plenty of customers out there.

Just a shout out to the good guys: We bought our Caddy in California before we moved back to Texas and Frank Kent (Fort Worth) services it and treats us like royalty. We will make a point of recommending this dealer and when we get ready for a new DD, we would buy it from them.

Also we get our Corvette serviced at Bruce Lowry and they are always happy to do the work.

So not all dealers are ... well you know.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:38 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Your chrome wheel barrels with paint 9n them may or may not be a factory warranty item. How did Roberts Chev. learn that you didn't buy the car from them? And why was this important to them?
Did you take the car back to the dealership you bought it from? And what then transpired?
Old 10-17-2018, 09:27 AM
Anthony s
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Skid row Joe,
Robert Chevy asked did I buy the car there, I said no. The wheels would be covered if the paint was defective. You would have to ask them why it’s important to them. I spoke to the dealer I purchased from, he offered me to bring it back and take a look. Didn’t think it was important enough to drive 200 miles for. I just wanted them to take a look. That’s it.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:41 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe

How did Roberts Chev learn that you didn't buy the car from them? And why was this important to them?
The minute a dealer enters the VIN it immediately shows where it was purchased and the "in service" date, the day the warranty started.

Why it was important to them is because they were being a turd to him for not buying the car from them.

I still believe if you'd speak with the General Manager (he's over everything) and tell him how you were treated, and tell him how his employees took money out of his pocket by turning his customer, You, away, along with the fact you are already a service dept customer with your other vehicles, you will likely find the Bozos who treated you that way may have a whole new attitude when they see you next time, or may be working cleaning the bathrooms there, if they still even work there...

Last edited by HorsePower Junkie; 10-18-2018 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:14 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

What is interesting is the Service Department is usually a separate profit center from the sales department. Most service people don't care where you purchased the car only that you bring it to them for service. The more business they have the better it is for the guy running that department. I have run into signs at various dealerships where they state cars purchased from their sales department will take precedence over cars purchased elsewhere but they don't refuse service.

Bill
Old 10-22-2018, 01:52 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie
The minute a dealer enters the VIN it immediately shows where it was purchased and the "in service" date, the day the warranty started.

Why it was important to them is because they were being a turd to him for not buying the car from them.

I still believe if you'd speak with the General Manager (he's over everything) and tell him how you were treated, and tell him how his employees took money out of his pocket by turning his customer, You, away, along with the fact you are already a service dept customer with your other vehicles, you will likely find the Bozos who treated you that way may have a whole new attitude when they see you next time, or may be working cleaning the bathrooms there, if they still even work there..
He didn't answer the question, I guess because he didn't ask the question. He left without finding out. He also should have written down the names of the people who he was told to take it back to where he bought it. He also should have gotten the refusal of service person to actually say it. None of this did he do. My assessment of what he wrote was that he was bringing a bogus claim for service work under warranty. Whatever he told them was wrong with the car, made no sense to them. So it was easy to tell him to get lost. The IDing of the car's dealer of origin, gave them fuel for what they concluded was a waste of time, and wouldn't be something GM would reimburse the dealer for. Maybe he should have gotten all this cogent information on his first visit.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:11 PM
Anthony s
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Called Chevy customer service, & explained what happened. She called other dealers in my area to see if they would look at my car. One (in Freeport) told her no & one in Huntington said yes, no problem. So I went, had a nice conversation with the service rep. Showed him what I was talking about. He explained that the upgraded brakes I have makes it worse, but that’s the finish they come with. The end. Over the winter I will most likely pull the wheels off & try to polish, paint, seal or coat them . Maybe even have the barrels powder coated . We will see. Thanks for all your help.

Quick Reply: Not a nice dealership!