Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seriously looking at this

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,425 Posts

Ah yes I was hoping you'd get the red one. Congrats.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:50 PM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Received 3,129 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Old 10-18-2018, 09:58 PM
Yourconfused
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I talked to GM on the phone and they said the VIN had no known recalls or anything on the car.

I'm referring to the red one. Lol 2014 Z51 3LT

I have a singing rear end that I'm not sure if it's the diff or tires but it could just be the pavement as I've only heard it twice, for several minutes each time.

Last edited by Yourconfused; 10-18-2018 at 10:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (10-19-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 10:09 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,425 Posts

Looks awesome.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:09 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by Yourconfused
Just arrived home with only one hiccup, audio related freak out while I was using the hands free calling.

Bonus item... Entire car is wrapped with the paint pretention film!

Bonus number 2.... Transferable extra 5yr, 90k Mike bumper to bumper!
If your car was in Houston, Texas or the surrounding area last August 2017, you may have just bought a car that was affected / flooded with water during the hurricane to some degree. The radio on the fritz, and a singing rear end? Neither sounds good to me. Consider returning it for a refund if you feel wary of it's potential past exposure in Houston.
​​​​​​​FYI; up to tens of thousands of cars/trucks were total losses in Southeast Texas because of the 8/2017 hurricane.

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 10-18-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:15 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,198 Likes on 592 Posts

Nice car, congrats on the purchase!
Old 10-18-2018, 10:20 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
3 owners in 4 years. 3 owners...doesn't that give you even the least amount of pause? the second one had it less than two months!!!! it must be a magic car though, according to the odometer, it is only 183 miles from mt. vernon ill to Blanco, Tx! And then 3 days later it has been driven 437 more miles....to Louisiana? before it is sold again, and sits, for over a year, until it is sold again in November 2016, in louisiana! less than a thousand miles later....that third nawlins louisiana owner unloads that hot potato, in Austin Tx? Wonder if it met Harvey up close and personal somewhere along the line? An interesting life with more story than carfax can let on about.

The car itself. it is a five model-year old car. it costs more than a new 2019 1lt version heavily discounted by the big two kerbeck and mcmulkin. these high prices on used ones are simply dealer dreams. you will find that out when you go to trade it in and then you'll scream at the "low ball!" Warranties except for the 6yr/100k power train are history; you can drive an ocean liner through the holes in the powertrain warranty. you'll find that out with the first repair you need to have done on it, cash on the barrelhead. A 2019 will coddle you with 3yrs/36 bumper to bumper warranty until 2021. it's being sold by a hyundai dealer, how could they plug it into a GM analyzer and see what may be wrong with it? you need options? on a sports car? that you'll be driving in tour mode? the base model vette is considered to be the softest riding vette that Chevy makes. why pay more for a car only used in tour mode. hint, you pay more, buy stiffer shocks, and put that car in track mode, on the street, you WILL bend your rims.

you turn a wrench, you've worked on older vettes. The line of demarcation is 1981 c3. on old vettes, all you needed was a spark to make them run. on new vettes, the newer the worser, the spark controls all the vettes life. When your power steering fails, its electric. when your car overheats, you didn't lose a fanbelt, you've lost an electric fan or controller. when it goes into limp home mode, its an electric brain telling you it won't provide enough spark anymore. When your differential stops differentiating, its electric. Electrics are your best friend, for a few years. But when buying electrics, buy the newest ones you can, and leave the older versions, not to mechanics, but to electricians.

Good luck with your purchase. A tetra rossa C7 turns all heads, mine included.
This is a great advisory. ☆☆☆☆☆ Stars

I'd of bought new, too, ALL things considered on that aging, footballed around the Country car.......in fact I did buy new.

Unfortunately, he didn't heed or appreciate any of the advice. Oh well.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:21 PM
Yourconfused
Racer

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
If your car was in Houston, Texas or the surrounding area last August 2017, you may have just bought a car that was affected / flooded with water during the hurricane to some degree. The radio on the fritz, and a singing rear end? Neither sounds good to me. Consider returning it for a refund if you feel wary of it's potential past exposure in Houston.
FYI; up to tens of thousands of cars/trucks were total losses in Southeast Texas because of the 8/2017 hurricane.
I've seen flood victims before and they either went to a lot of work to make this look great or it wasn't a victim, that I can tell anyway. The audio glitch only happened once and I'm thinking that the singing might be the tires.
​​​​​​​I've driven the car about 6 hours since I got it about 24 hours ago so I'll see what happens with it.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:38 PM
Yourconfused
Racer

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
This is a great advisory. ☆☆☆☆☆ Stars

I'd of bought new, too, ALL things considered on that aging, footballed around the Country car.......in fact I did buy new.

Unfortunately, he didn't heed or appreciate any of the advice. Oh well.
Meh. Too many generalizations made to sound as absolutes, But I didn't walk away without a warranty. Either lucky or a lemon, I'll know soon enough. I could argue about whatever, but I bought it so there's no point.

P.s. most unreliable car I've ever owned I bought new.
​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (10-19-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 10:57 PM
SilverGhost
Drifting

Received 886 Likes on 476 Posts

This is my favorite flood car story. All the usual suspects are here: hurricanes, salt water, greed, serious coin to be made on a resale, used car dealers, primo(?) insurance companies, clean titles, a cast of hundreds of thousands of cars "too good for the crusher." This was filmed a year after sandy. Now it's a year after harvey...... and next year after michael......(scroll down to middle of the page for the vid.)

How exactly does a pickup that was flooded in Hurricane Sandy and totaled by the insurance company end up back on a car lot for sale?
Old 10-18-2018, 11:45 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

He's good that it might be a flood/Lemon car. If/when he finds out, it'll be too late anyway.

New ones, when bought right are so cheap, you can't afford to pay what some are paying used. That's fact. Not even worth debating.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:20 AM
Yourconfused
Racer

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
This is my favorite flood car story. All the usual suspects are here: hurricanes, salt water, greed, serious coin to be made on a resale, used car dealers, primo(?) insurance companies, clean titles, a cast of hundreds of thousands of cars "too good for the crusher." This was filmed a year after sandy. Now it's a year after harvey...... and next year after michael......(scroll down to middle of the page for the vid.)

How exactly does a pickup that was flooded in Hurricane Sandy and totaled by the insurance company end up back on a car lot for sale?
Wow that's messed up.

Quick Reply: Seriously looking at this