Sponsored by:

Blacked out tail lights on my GS! ��

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 08:42 AM
cowboy casey
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandSport223
Your back tale tale lights still come on when you step on the brakes... and at night the red tale lights stay on all the time! It's no different then the stock OEM tale lights you moron...

I never said the lights do not come on... I am saying you have tinted over the lights so unless that is "super duper special tint" that does not block light like all other tinted tail light covers

And with that said, this is the united states and we are all free to do this, just remember when someone hits you it is automatically your fault for the accident
Old 10-17-2018, 08:56 AM
GrandSport223
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 70 Posts

These are just tinted light covers... they go over your existing tale lights. They do not block your tale lights coming on when you break, use turn signals, and as I said at night your tale lights still shine through them. Granted they may not be AS bright cause there's a tinted lense over them but trust me, it's almost as bright as the original lights. If you can't see this with your big 8000 truck... maybe you should consider another profession like not driving at all!

Originally Posted by cowboy casey
I never said the lights do not come on... I am saying you have tinted over the lights so unless that is "super duper special tint" that does not block light like all other tinted tail light covers

And with that said, this is the united states and we are all free to do this, just remember when someone hits you it is automatically your fault for the accident
Old 10-17-2018, 08:58 AM
GrandSport223
Racer

I think Corvette Mods sells them. I got these ones on EBay

Originally Posted by Roadrogue

I think they look better than I expected. I'm considering the molded inserts but they are way too expensive. Where did you get these?
Old 10-17-2018, 09:41 AM
Sconn
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts

Your car looks mean, for sure! Tinting your side lights and rear markers would complete that Knight Rider look

I replaced my side lights with Oracle led's and they are sweet! And I got the RPI tinted rear reflectors. Happy with them too!

And I like your red calipers!
Old 10-17-2018, 09:50 AM
stevettec7
Drifting

Received 759 Likes on 401 Posts

Not one to typically get into a debate, but say all you want about these not affected the tail light output. I’ve been behind guys that have them. I won’t ever trail them again in the daytime.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:45 AM
LimeRay
Pro

Received 353 Likes on 188 Posts

I mean, the blacked out tinted windows are not legal any ways so, the blacked out tale lights won't make much difference. As I told one poster who actually thinks you can't even see the lights, your break lights still comes on and at night, your back tale lights are no different at all then the OEM tale lights.
How do people who can't spell tail or brake properly afford a Corvette?
The following 9 users liked this post by LimeRay:
blkvet6 (10-18-2018), BudgetPlan1 (10-17-2018), frankmp (10-17-2018), iw172 (10-17-2018), jimjimsC7 (10-17-2018), raylo (10-23-2018), roy817 (10-18-2018), Strake (10-18-2018), Woodson (10-17-2018) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-17-2018, 11:38 AM
LimeRay
Pro

Received 353 Likes on 188 Posts

On topic. You can be sure you will be getting pulled over with a car that blacked out.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:46 AM
krwunlv
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 62 Posts

I love the depth and the dimension that the stock tail lights add and I feel a bit of that is lost with the flat face of these. However, it does seem Vader-esque when looking at them. Now you just need that deep breathing sound to go with the look! I am glad you like it.

Don't worry about the comments from the peanut gallery, some people have various inferiority complexes that make them feel accomplished/fulfilled by pointing out another persons mistakes in an attempt to knock them down a peg. In reality, it just exposes that persons basic character flaws and makes the rest of us wonder how they operate as a functional human being in today's society.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:51 AM
rip74
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 50 Posts

Did you look at the molded version of tinted lights for the C7? While yours are certainly blacked out, I like the depth of the factory lights and wouldn't want to lose that. The molded versions keep the depth while also tinting them. You should post a picture up of your brake lights activated in the daytime sun to show how much the lenses deplete the light output. Tinted brake lights are harder to see during the day, normally they seem fine at night (greater contrast available). I like the dark tinted windows.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:54 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Now all you need to do is clean those exhaust tips
Old 10-17-2018, 11:58 AM
krwunlv
Racer

Originally Posted by rip74
Did you look at the molded version of tinted lights for the C7? While yours are certainly blacked out, I like the depth of the factory lights and wouldn't want to lose that. The molded versions keep the depth while also tinting them. You should post a picture up of your brake lights activated in the daytime sun to show how much the lenses deplete the light output. Tinted brake lights are harder to see during the day, normally they seem fine at night (greater contrast available). I like the dark tinted windows.
I've looked that those myself. I am worried about moisture buildup between the lenses. I am going to take my rear valance off this winter and tint mine with vinyl... it has proven to be a pain in the *** thus far when I have attempted it.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:00 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Guys, I'm going to jump in here and tell everyone to calm down. Let's review rules of CorvetteForum....

Cussing is allowed here, but not when your aiming it at an individual for the purpose of verbally attacking him or her.

So calling it an "F'ing spelling class" is OK because you're (not your) talking about the spelling class. You're (not your.....you're is a contraction, meaning "you are") not aiming the cussing at a person.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:17 PM
GrandSport223
Racer

Who started it??? It's one thing to say I like the " tail" lights or no I don't like them... some ignorant poster comes on here starting crap for no reason, yea I'm going to fight back... sorry for the name calling but he deserved it...

Last edited by GrandSport223; 10-17-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:27 PM
krwunlv
Racer

Who started it??? It's one thing to say I like the " tail" lights or no I don't like them... some ignorant poster comes on here starting crap for no reason, yea I'm going to fight back... sorry for the name calling but he deserved it...
Like he said, chill. I will point out that yes, that was an ignorant comment. However, the hostility/aggression also started with you when you told another poster to reconsider a job as driver when all he was doing was pointing out a recent experience of his concerning blacked out taillights. So you are not free of blame here, sir. A lot can be said of a person that can admit when they are wrong and take a step back.

If there is one thing I have learned from 2 decades of tuning and modifying cars is not everyone is going to like what another person did with their car. Everyone has an opinion of why they like the look or why they don't like it. In the end, it only matters to the person who owns the car and has to drive it or park it in their garage. Do you like it? Yes. Does it matter what other people think in that respect, no. Are you going to get opposing opinions, yes.

End of rant... back to adulting for today.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:39 PM
OmarZ06
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Ya tinted taillights are a bitch to see during the daytime so I keep my distance, and I'm 26 with good eyes! Come at me. And yes I did tinted them on my other car, wont do it again tho looks ghetto af after awhile.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:11 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Your back tale tale lights still come on when you step on the brakes... and at night the red tale lights stay on all the time! It's no different then the stock OEM tale lights you moron...

Simply not true. Blacked out tail lights are very dim compared to the OEM. They probably do not meet federal standards. I too have been behind vehicles with blacked out tail lights and it is very difficult to see them, especially during the day.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:24 PM
GrandSport223
Racer

Quote from cowboy casey

"I was behind an idiot like you last week,"

You might want to try reading the whole post ithere fella I'm not the one that started the name-calling...

Originally Posted by krwunlv
Like he said, chill. I will point out that yes, that was an ignorant comment. However, the hostility/aggression also started with you when you told another poster to reconsider a job as driver when all he was doing was pointing out a recent experience of his concerning blacked out taillights. So you are not free of blame here, sir. A lot can be said of a person that can admit when they are wrong and take a step back.

If there is one thing I have learned from 2 decades of tuning and modifying cars is not everyone is going to like what another person did with their car. Everyone

has an opinion of why they like the look or why they don't like it. In the end, it only matters to the person who owns the car and has to drive it or park it in their garage. Do you like it? Yes. Does it matter what other people think in that respect, no. Are you going to get opposing opinions, yes.

End of rant... back to adulting for today.

Get notified of new replies

To Blacked out tail lights on my GS! ��

Old 10-17-2018, 02:05 PM
krwunlv
Racer

Ha! missed that part. Carry on, but take the higher road.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:09 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

I love the look of the OPs car.
Very sinister, almost menacing, how can you not love that !
Old 10-17-2018, 02:40 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,365 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by LimeRay
How do people who can't spell tail or brake properly afford a Corvette?
Because he's from Inbredmonton (Edmonton).

Quick Reply: Blacked out tail lights on my GS! ��