Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 08:47 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Avanti, this is NOT solely a Lamborghini design. I've seen this design from Audi and Aston Martin too, just to mention a few. So if you don't want your Corvette to look upscale and classy, that's your choice. That's why they make more than one style.

The following users liked this post:
Sandyeggo Designs (10-31-2018)
Old 10-30-2018, 10:09 PM
0Sandyeggo Designs
Former Vendor

Received 249 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by RossDowningChevrolet
Adrenalin Red vs the red you currently offer.....like others, I'd love to see them side by side.

I love what you did with your red and the cross checker inserts......just need to match and you'd make a fortune.
Thanks. I'm working with Aegis to get them to send a red color sample for me. I will let you know if that can happen.
But I doubt very much if it is a match... In a black or grey interior the red seat skin looks great!
Dave
Old 10-30-2018, 10:39 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Sandyeggo Designs

Yes, they are pull overs.

No, you do not *need* to remove the seats.

It takes a bit of doing (30 minutes or so) to get the bottom section on. Its a tight fit. But my installers in San Diego don't remove the seats...
Don't remove the seats...
if you do, you will have to make a trip to the Chevy Dealer and pay them to have the seats reprogrammed.

Old 10-31-2018, 12:50 AM
ahero4eternity
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie
Don't remove the seats...
if you do, you will have to make a trip to the Chevy Dealer and pay them to have the seats reprogrammed.

Not sure that's true. Had a buddy remove his seats to have them wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl and he didn't have any issues.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:11 PM
0Sandyeggo Designs
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by [b
RossDowningChevrolet
Adrenalin Red vs the red you currently offer.....like others, I'd love to see them side by side.

I love what you did with your red and the cross checker inserts......just need to match and you'd make a fortune.
Thanks. I'm working with Aegis to get them to send a red color sample for me. I will let you know if that can happen.
But I doubt very much if it is a match... In a black or grey interior the red seat skin looks great!
Dave
If you'd like to see a sample swatch, PM me your address and I'll get it sent to you.
Dave
Old 11-01-2018, 07:44 AM
chucky7
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Really hard to see from a finished picture of where the original seat cover is and the actual skins. A video of an install will help you sell these. hard to tell how much they cover the old seat. Looks like original covers from the picture.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:42 AM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Sandyeggo Designs - from the pics, these seat covers look amazing. I'm very interested. Do you have more pictures of them installed? A pic of the diamond with gray panels installed? Love the suede with gray - seriously considering.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:26 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

I guess it is a niche market, but I would be interested in a set for Competition Seats.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:27 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by Flame Red
I guess it is a niche market, but I would be interested in a set for Competition Seats.
I couldn't find anyone who makes seat covers for Competition seats (I guess because they are not that common) so I had Wet Okole use mine to create the templates for WO seat covers. They are local to me so I took my C7 there and they measured the seats and made the patterns over the next few weeks. I got the first set for my daily driver. They are not as pretty as the ones pictured above but they protect my seats nicely and provide an additional 1/2" of padding as well as much better grip during spirited driving.

The following users liked this post:
Flame Red (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 03:52 PM
0Sandyeggo Designs
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by harmonyp
Sandyeggo Designs - from the pics, these seat covers look amazing. I'm very interested. Do you have more pictures of them installed? A pic of the diamond with gray panels installed? Love the suede with gray - seriously considering.
Hi.
No, sorry I don't have any other pictures just yet. I want to get a better ad run but I have been super busy...
But listen, there's not a big worry. I'll ship them for free. If within a couple days you don't like them just pay return shipping and I'll refund your purchase. Deal?
Cheers,
Dave
Old 11-13-2018, 06:25 PM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Do you now have available installation instructions? What tools are necessary to install? How are the skins "attached"? Are they tucked in, pinned, glued, other?
Old 11-13-2018, 08:47 PM
0Sandyeggo Designs
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by harmonyp
Do you now have available installation instructions? What tools are necessary to install? How are the skins "attached"? Are they tucked in, pinned, glued, other?
I have the instructions from Aegis. I am doing some formatting and they will be ready in a day or two.
The only 'tool' needed is a plastic reach extension which is included with the skins. Other than that, its all hands. Maybe a flat plastic trim tool (Harbor Freight) would relieve some work for the hands.
The skins are pulled over the seats and strapped together. There are Velcro and buckle straps. Everything is attached and included. No rocket science...
Dave
Old 11-15-2018, 04:15 PM
0Sandyeggo Designs
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sandyeggo Designs
Guys,

If your C7 is a few years old and you drive it a lot, you may want to consider getting good quality seat covers put on to keep the bolsters from getting worn. Every time you slide across the seat you're adding to to the wear. Eventually its gonna show and your car's value will suffer because of it. Its not a matter of IF it will show, its a matter of WHEN it will show. Take a close look at your seats today. You may see wear already starting! And seats don't heal - they will just get worse.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

I'm not sure what *new* C7 seats cost but decent used ones generally run $2000-3000. That's if you can find them to match your car...
A pair of seat covers that costs less than $400 sure seems like a good investment. Don't wait until the wear becomes visible. Then its too late!

Cheers,
Dave
gentle reminder...
Old 11-22-2018, 01:51 PM
0Sandyeggo Designs
Former Vendor

Hi everyone,
The installation procedure is now finished and is posted on my web site:
https://www.sandyeggodesigns.com/cus...ductdocuments/

Cheers,
Dave
Old 11-24-2018, 09:31 PM
0Sandyeggo Designs
Former Vendor

Hey all,
If our seat skins are something you're considering then you don't want to pass up our 20% savings going on right now at our site.

Click on the site... Order the skins... Save a bundle... Be happy...
https://www.sandyeggodesigns.com/pro...te-seat-skins/

And take a look at our other stuff, too. Our Black Friday sale ends Monday evening. Don't miss it. (I don't even want to think what kind of self-recrimination you may suffer if you do...)

Cheers,
Dave
Old 11-25-2018, 09:12 AM
Borrego
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you happen to know of a quick “put on / take off” cover tha would fit the competition seats? I’m looking for something simple to use for quick coverup after gym workouts, kids’ muddy soccer practice, etc.

For my other cars, I use a simply thick terry cloth seat cover specifically made for after workouts. However, it required a real headrest to hang properly; i.e., it had a hole that you slipped over the headrest.

Thanks,
Borrego

Quick Reply: Seat Skins anyone?