Hatch won't open after battery replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 03:25 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Default Hatch won't open after battery replacement

I just replaced the battery in my 14 Vert. It was still going strong after 5 years, but I didn't want to press my luck!

It's not an easy job, but got it done. Thanks to JerryU for the tutorial. Everything seems to be working except the trunk lid won't open with any of the switches - only the key. Any suggestions appreciated. Anyone know which fuse I might check? TIA
FYI - the only thing I had to reset was the window indexing and the DIC settings.

I GOT IT WORKING. I PUT THE TOP DOWN AND BACK UP, RE-INDEXED THE WINDOW AND EVERYTHING'S GOOD!

Last edited by VETJAZZ; 11-03-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Atomic Utensil
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VETJAZZ
I just replaced the battery in my 14 Vert. It was still going strong after 5 years, but I didn't want to press my luck!

It's not an easy job, but got it done. Thanks to JerryU for the tutorial. Everything seems to be working except the trunk lid won't open with any of the switches - only the key. Any suggestions appreciated. Anyone know which fuse I might check? TIA
FYI - the only thing I had to reset was the window indexing and the DIC settings.
Check the fuses and if that's not it, try disconnecting and re connecting the battery again.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:38 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I got it working! I put the top down and back up, re-indexed the windows and all is good.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:53 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

My first thought when I read the OP was that it sounded just like many of us Vert owners after the seatbelt pre-tensioner recall. Our cars were left thinking the top was mid-cycle. We finished the cycle, re-indexed the windows and everything was fine.

This is the first I've heard of this on a simple battery change, but I'm sure it won't be the only strange thing reported in the future.
The following users liked this post:
VETJAZZ (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 11:15 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Interesting. Once I started the car back up, I got the message that the top was not closed. It was, of course. Once I cycled it, all was well.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:20 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
My first thought when I read the OP was that it sounded just like many of us Vert owners after the seatbelt pre-tensioner recall. Our cars were left thinking the top was mid-cycle. We finished the cycle, re-indexed the windows and everything was fine.

This is the first I've heard of this on a simple battery change, but I'm sure it won't be the only strange thing reported in the future.
Just as you answered to defaria in the post about "cruise control not working". Sometimes a quick query here can save a hand-wringing, head banging visit to dealer. Lots of very helpful folks here usually.
The following 3 users liked this post by madrob2020:
bjones7131 (11-04-2018), owc6 (11-03-2018), VETJAZZ (11-03-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Hatch won't open after battery replacement

Quick Reply: Hatch won't open after battery replacement