Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

after getting NAV in my C6Z06, never again...worthless POS, it was basically out of date when I got it, if they wanna make it through OnStar so it can be real time with active updates then they have something but until then it adds zero value when you can do better with a mount and a mobile device

HUD...also waste of time IMO, I never look at it I look through it and don't even notice it...I know some people love it but I have no use for it, you could turn it off and I wouldn't miss it...if you can't take a second to check your speed while driving perhaps you shouldn't be driving. Nothing else displayed on the HUD provides any value to me that a quick glance at the gages wouldn't do in fact the gages tell me more as I can't tell **** by the image projected on the HUD
The following users liked this post:
JDSC8VETTE (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 05:30 PM
Billy346
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
This, is why:

HUD with NAV (GPS) displays the prevailing SPEED LIMITS, in order to assist you in choosing to obey them. Potentially saving you hundreds in speeding fines.

The M7, as shown, briefly also displays the gear your
C7 is in with each selection made.

You're welcome!

So, suppose you like the HUD but think the NAV is worthless? I use my phone and find it superior.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:43 PM
JMII
Safety Car

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,349 Posts

My '14 doesn't display like that it will however put the speed limit in the DIC which is helpful when driving in an unfamiliar area. Also nice on the highway where you'll sometimes encounter a "slow zone" (aka speed trap). My wife likes the option since its SO EASY to find yourself going over 90 in this car with no drama Given how good NAV is on a phone these days I wouldn't pay for the outdated factory option.

The HUD? At first I thought it was just kind of a fun toy but I've grown to like it. On track the G-meter is entertaining but for normal driving most of the HUD screens are a bit busy, so I just use the Touring screen which is show above: speed + gear.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:52 PM
JDSC8VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2,899 Likes on 1,161 Posts

I think we need HUD so it could display when I need to shift my car into the next gear I'm an old timer and back in the muscle car era we drove and shifted our cars only using our ears and brain with a slight glance at our gauges. I still drive and shift my cars by feel and don't need to take my eyes off the road. All this BS to help us drive our cars do nothing but disconnect the driver from the car itself.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:52 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,690 Likes on 5,591 Posts

Originally Posted by Mayor111
So you're OK with texting and driving? If no - whats the difference of looking at a map on your phone vs looking at a text on your phone? Looking away from the road is a distraction and dangerous - that's why HUD is there. The idea behind it is to keep your eyes forward. Using your ummm "logic" we should get rid of air bags too...I mean according to Kevin, who needs any safety devices - we should let people die rather than get a broken nose from the bag...
You said "we are all here safe and sound"...tell that to the parents of those injured or killed by phone distraction related accidents... You obviously dont have children of driving age - cause you would be singing a completely different tune if you did...
My post was obviously tongue and cheek, I believe everyone 'gets that' except for you. No, I'm not OK with texting and driving. What does texting/talking on a phone/looking at a map while driving have to do with my post? Are you implying that vehicles without HUD's are unsafe? I hope not since probably less than 1% of vehicles on the road have them. And yes I have 3 kids of driving age, not that's it's any of your business. Please stop being such an Idiot.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:56 PM
JDSC8VETTE
Melting Slicks

I don't need Hud to show me what the speed limit is because they have signs on the side of the road that show me that. While so many distracted drivers are checking out their Nav and Hud I'm looking ahead on the road where I'm driving
Old 12-31-2018, 06:00 PM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

Ordered 3LT so I'll just have to live with it
MMD (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 06:03 PM
Fogboundturtle
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by GARYFINN
Ordered 3LT so I'll just have to live with it
First world problem ?
Old 12-31-2018, 06:10 PM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,955 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
My post was obviously tongue and cheek, I believe everyone 'gets that' except for you. No, I'm not OK with texting and driving. What does texting/talking on a phone/looking at a map while driving have to do with my post? Are you implying that vehicles without HUD's are unsafe? I hope not since probably less than 1% of vehicles on the road have them. And yes I have 3 kids of driving age, not that's it's any of your business. Please stop being such an Idiot.
Funny - anytime someone calls you out on your BS, you chalk it up to "joking" or you disappear (like your 3LT stats that were proven wrong)... Is that why you posted your stupidity twice...so it looks like your joking...? I know you think your Vette is the only Vette on the planet (worse than Joe actually) but I grow tired of proving you wrong...its getting old. If you do have kids of driving age, I find it dumbfounding that you would question the validity of ANY safety feature of a car...especially one that goes as fast as a Vette. From one father to another - shame on you sir for even joking about safety...

And to answer your dumb question - yes - I think cars with HUDs add a layer of SAFETY not found in cars that dont have it...just like airbags...do airbags come with a 1LT or are they "stupid" too...(see THAT is tongue and cheek)...
MMD (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 06:54 PM
saleen556
Le Mans Master

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,193 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy346

So, suppose you like the HUD but think the NAV is worthless? I use my phone and find it superior.
Love the HUD. I use my phone and CarPlay for navigation. Works like a charm with HUD.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:14 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSC7VETTE
I don't need Hud to show me what the speed limit is because they have signs on the side of the road that show me that. While so many distracted drivers are checking out their Nav and Hud I'm looking ahead on the road where I'm driving
Apparently you don't drive out in the country often. I used to drive a lot of roads out in California where you can really unwind your vette. The problem is that there are these little towns in between vast stretches of road and naturally the speed limit goes from around 60 right down to 35, or 30, or perhaps 40. Very often there's not speed limit sign warning you of the change or at least not giving you enough warning. And the cop is sitting there with his gun ready to catch you. It's at these times that the speed limit sign in the HUD is invaluable. It allows me to see what the speed limit is and slow down enough to drive safely and avoid a ticket.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:52 PM
JDSC8VETTE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by defaria
Apparently you don't drive out in the country often. I used to drive a lot of roads out in California where you can really unwind your vette. The problem is that there are these little towns in between vast stretches of road and naturally the speed limit goes from around 60 right down to 35, or 30, or perhaps 40. Very often there's not speed limit sign warning you of the change or at least not giving you enough warning. And the cop is sitting there with his gun ready to catch you. It's at these times that the speed limit sign in the HUD is invaluable. It allows me to see what the speed limit is and slow down enough to drive safely and avoid a ticket.
Apparently you have no idea where I live or drive my car. I live in the country and I wouldn't own a Vette anywhere else. Also those posted limits posted on the Nav aren't always right and here in NY State all speed limits have to be posted if they are lower than the State limit of 55. If you don't see a posted limit then the limit is 55. Maybe things are different in California?
Old 12-31-2018, 10:41 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Funny - anytime someone calls you out on your BS, you chalk it up to "joking" or you disappear (like your 3LT stats that were proven wrong)... Is that why you posted your stupidity twice...so it looks like your joking...? I know you think your Vette is the only Vette on the planet (worse than Joe actually) but I grow tired of proving you wrong...its getting old. If you do have kids of driving age, I find it dumbfounding that you would question the validity of ANY safety feature of a car...especially one that goes as fast as a Vette. From one father to another - shame on you sir for even joking about safety...

And to answer your dumb question - yes - I think cars with HUDs add a layer of SAFETY not found in cars that dont have it...just like airbags...do airbags come with a 1LT or are they "stupid" too...(see THAT is tongue and cheek)...
Who calls me on BS, except your lame attempts. I stated 3LTs were approx 20% of sales, ended up being 30%, so I was 10% off, as I failed to add in 3LZs so sue me. Unlike your ridicules statements (among many others) like the larger Corvette dealers only sell 2LTs?????

Also, when have I ever chalked a post up to joking? Please post an example, don't believe you will find any.

Speaking of someone spewing BS, post an example regarding my thinking my C7 is the only one on the planet? I really like my GS Vert, however am very aware it's just one of thousands similar to it.
My post towards you have nothing to do with my C7, just your and a couple other's here bizarre behavior in always trying to ram 3LTs down everyone's throats and belittling anyone who has anything else but a 3LT.

Also post examples of you proving me wrong, since you are so tired of doing it. Don't believe you will find any.

Yet another 1LT crack, you just can't help yourself.

You have become delusional and have started embarrassing yourself in nearly every thread you post in.

Last edited by Kevin A Jones; 12-31-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:18 PM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Who calls me on BS, except your lame attempts. I stated 3LTs were approx 20% of sales, ended up being 30%, so I was 10% off, so what. Unlike your ridicules statements (among many others) like the larger Corvette dealers only sell 2LTs????? Also, when have I ever chalked a post up to joking? Please post an example.
Speaking of someone spewing BS, post an example regarding my thinking my C7 is the only one on the planet? I really like my GS Vert, however am very aware it's just one of thousands similar to it.
My post towards you have nothing to do with my C7, just your and a couple other's here bizarre behavior in always trying to ram 3LTs down everyone's throats and belittling anyone who has anything else but a 3LT.
Also post examples of you proving me wrong, since you are so tired of doing it.
Yet another 1LT crack, you just can't help yourself.

You have become delusional, do yourself and forums members a favor and make a New Year's resolution that you will see a therapist in the new year as you have started embarrassing yourself in nearly every thread you post in.
Again - I call you on your BS - you didnt say ANYTHING about 20% - you said THIS:

Really as it's pretty obvious that most C7 purchasers don't want NAV, PDR and upgraded leather as verified by 3LT being the least purchased trim package offered on the C7 by far.

Do you see anything that says 20% there? Do you see ANY numbers mentioned - NOPE...BS. You also said your information was "verified"...really? where? You always ask for proof - where's yours? Ohh, thats right, you dont have ANY... Cause your post was shot that to **** with the data that was kindly shared by Patman. And my data is 100% correct - larger dealerships sell primarily more 2LTs - look at the 3 big ones...(if I said "ONLY" 2LTs that would be a typo, that would not be correct). Lastly, I dont jam the 3LT down anyone's throat...you are the one that claimed over and over how great your 1LT is and claimed that is has everything you will ever need...and I disagreed and said a more optioned car is always better for resale...which AGAIN is 100% true...so that's THREE times you were proven wrong.

Kevin you act and post like your information is the holy grail, but Im glad others are seeing you for the horseshit you post. I've received countless PM's from other's saying that is exactly how you come off - but they just dont want to deal with your high-horse attitude. Any "father" who thinks safety is a joke, is the one who needs therapy...

Oh by the way "DAD" - 1 and 4 car accidents today are phone related accidents...(texting, map watching, dialing) something else for you to chew on when realizing I've called you on BS again... Opps sorry - that WASN'T tongue and cheek - that was a fact...
Old 12-31-2018, 11:28 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSC7VETTE
The only way you get your money's worth with Hud and Nav is if you get it for free. Otherwise you paid too much.
My HUD is always on. I didn't buy a $60K+ new Corvette to get short changed on options. The HUD is invaluable.

.. I paid nearly -20% back of MSRP on my new 2017 3LT Corvette. That's basically free for all the 3LT goodies. 👍

​​​​​​​..
Mayor111 (12-31-2018)
Old 01-01-2019, 12:33 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Again - I call you on your BS - you didnt say ANYTHING about 20% - you said THIS:

Really as it's pretty obvious that most C7 purchasers don't want NAV, PDR and upgraded leather as verified by 3LT being the least purchased trim package offered on the C7 by far.

Do you see anything that says 20% there? Do you see ANY numbers mentioned - NOPE...BS. You also said your information was "verified"...really? where? You always ask for proof - where's yours? Ohh, thats right, you dont have ANY... Cause your post was shot that to **** with the data that was kindly shared by Patman. And my data is 100% correct - larger dealerships sell primarily more 2LTs - look at the 3 big ones...(if I said "ONLY" 2LTs that would be a typo, that would not be correct). Lastly, I dont jam the 3LT down anyone's throat...you are the one that claimed over and over how great your 1LT is and claimed that is has everything you will ever need...and I disagreed and said a more optioned car is always better for resale...which AGAIN is 100% true...so that's THREE times you were proven wrong.

Kevin you act and post like your information is the holy grail, but Im glad others are seeing you for the horseshit you post. I've received countless PM's from other's saying that is exactly how you come off - but they just dont want to deal with your high-horse attitude. Any "father" who thinks safety is a joke, is the one who needs therapy...

Oh by the way "DAD" - 1 and 4 car accidents today are phone related accidents...(texting, map watching, dialing) something else for you to chew on when realizing I've called you on BS again... Opps sorry - that WASN'T tongue and cheek - that was a fact...
Wrong as usual, see my below post below where I stated 3LTs make up only "about" 20% of total, which is correct. Including 3LZs brings the total up to 30%. Still waiting for you to post examples where you have corrected me.
12-27-2018, 12:59 PM
#127 Z51 or 2LT?
Kevin A Jones
CF Senior Member

Kevin A Jones
Thanked 1,574 Times in 980 Posts
Quote:
Your info is from 5 model years ago, now 3LTs make up only about 20% of total.
Quote:

My guess is your PMs are from the other two 3LT fanatics on this forum, again spewing BS. Notice my approx 1600 "Thanked" posts in the 18 months I've participated on this forum, proving some acknowledge and appreciated my posts, even if you and your pals don't.

See below where you state most of the larger dealerships ONLY sell 2LTs, typical example of the incorrect info you post.
Im not sure I agree 100% with your last 2 sentences. A few thoughts - some may agree or disagree:
Most of the largest dealership ONLY sell 2LTs - if you look at Kerbeck's inventory I've NEVER seen a 3LT within their online inventory .
Again, I never mentioned or referred to texting, map watching, dialing in my post in any way, but have to assume you don't have the intelligence to realize that.

Last edited by Kevin A Jones; 01-01-2019 at 01:54 AM.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:03 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
HUD...also waste of time IMO, I never look at it I look through it and don't even notice it...I know some people love it but I have no use for it, you could turn it off and I wouldn't miss it...if you can't take a second to check your speed while driving perhaps you shouldn't be driving. Nothing else displayed on the HUD provides any value to me that a quick glance at the gages wouldn't do in fact the gages tell me more as I can't tell **** by the image projected on the HUD
Your gauges won't tell you the real time speed limit where you're driving. The 2017 C7 HUD with NAV
will. I wouldn't want a C7 without both HUD and NAV. Invaluable.

​​​​​​​.

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 01-01-2019 at 01:07 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Why get HUD & NAV??

Old 01-01-2019, 08:44 AM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Kevin A Jones
CF Senior Member

Kevin A Jones
Thanked 1,574 Times in 980 Posts
Kevin ("Dad") - you know what this represents to me?
  1. Over 3300 posts in 20 months? Are you proud that you spend that much time online and not with your family/kids? Pretty sad actually that you would BRAG about that. That doesn't even count the time you spend reading... That sure is alot of time away from you kids - nice going "Dad"...
  2. You reply at 12:30AM to my post on NEW YEARS EVE? Umm is it me or does no one want to spend time with you on a holiday? Not sure about you, but I was laughing and celebrating the new year with my wife, kids and friends we had over...can you say the same if your focus was being online reading and replying just minutes after the ball dropped?
  3. 3300 posts - LOOK AT ME - post a neighbors big house - LOOK AT ME - I've been thanked 1500 times - LOOK AT ME... You know who needs to say LOOK AT ME and does those things? Either a little man or a shitty father - something tells me your BOTH...now I understand why you're so hell bent on a 1LT - cause like your car, you are are both mediocre...at best.
Im going to go cook breakfast for my family and friends that stayed over last night while you contemplate your next laughable, LOOK AT ME post. Maybe your resolution should be to spend more time with your family and less time promoting your unimpressive life & car.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:34 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Kevin ("Dad") - you know what this represents to me?
  1. Over 3300 posts in 20 months? Are you proud that you spend that much time online and not with your family/kids? Pretty sad actually that you would BRAG about that. That doesn't even count the time you spend reading... That sure is alot of time away from you kids - nice going "Dad"...
  2. You reply at 12:30AM to my post on NEW YEARS EVE? Umm is it me or does no one want to spend time with you on a holiday? Not sure about you, but I was laughing and celebrating the new year with my wife, kids and friends we had over...can you say the same if your focus was being online reading and replying just minutes after the ball dropped?
  3. 3300 posts - LOOK AT ME - post a neighbors big house - LOOK AT ME - I've been thanked 1500 times - LOOK AT ME... You know who needs to say LOOK AT ME and does those things? Either a little man or a shitty father - something tells me your BOTH...now I understand why you're so hell bent on a 1LT - cause like your car, you are are both mediocre...at best.
Im going to go cook breakfast for my family and friends that stayed over last night while you contemplate your next laughable, LOOK AT ME post. Maybe your resolution should be to spend more time with your family and less time promoting your unimpressive life & car.
You are a real class act, after I disprove ALL YOUR BS/Lies you then attack me as a father/parent on a Corvette forum. Since you portray yourself as a father of the year, perhaps you should share all your posts from the last few weeks with your children, I'm sure they will be proud of their rude, psycho father. By the way moron, not that it's any of your business, but my kids are married, away and leading great lives, and we were keeping a grand child last night so they could go out.
Yes, I'm proud of how much time I spend on the Corvette community, it's a passion of mine having owned, collected, restored, purchased, sold Corvettes for over 40 years.

As far as your claim that I posted a photo of my neighbor's house, I guess that neighbor has a silver '17 GS vert in their garage just like mine. Oh wait, I guess they have the same initials and license plate as my C7 as well.
One thing that's come out of this unfortunate exchange is proof that everything you post is total BS and everything I post are facts.

Last edited by Kevin A Jones; 01-01-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:06 AM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Im unimpressed little man...utterly unimpressed. Change that license plate to "LUKATME" - its more factual...unlike your posts. Damn, now I feel bad for your kids AND your grand kids...everyone was ignored last night to spend time online...way to go Grand"DAD"...

Quick Reply: Why get HUD & NAV??