C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some might find this disturbing.............

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 09:54 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

I would rather drive my awd Subaru in the snow than my C7. Safer with less worry.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:01 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Any of us could die within the next minute for any reason.

Spending a few hundred on snow tires is a great idea to create new experiences.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:33 PM
Sunset Orng 05
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Me too!

Originally Posted by Oh4GTO

I was on the fence between the PA4s and the A/S3s and boy am I glad I went with the PA4s. Other drivers were not kidding when they said they were passing trucks and semis on the highway.

Today was a mixture of ice, sleet, and snow. All three were present in some form or another. This car with these tires performed amazing. It very seldomly got upset. Very little wiggle in the rear when crossing intersection filled with all kinds of crap. There was practically no plowing or salting. My neighborhood easily had 6 inches of snow and the car drove like it was on dry pavement.

Everyone talks about getting a cheap beater for the winter. Well I saw a lot of them, mostly trying to get uphill, sitting on the side of the road, or spun around in a guardrail. Even SUVs, pickups and semis were struggling, sitting in ditches or stuck. This car did not bat an eye. Amazing combination.
Wow. What a coincidence. That’s the same day I flew into Philly from N.C. to take delivery of my C7 at Kerbeck. Didn’t start snowing until about 5 minutes after I left the lot. I decided to take the coastal route thinking the snow would be worse inland and I was right (but it took me about 2 1/2 hours to get out of Jersey - normally about a 45 minute drive). By the time I got over the Delaware Memorial Bridge the snow had turned to rain. Had the summer only tires on the car and the AS3+ tires were sitting back in my garage in NC. It was a very frightening christening for my Stingray and me.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:36 PM
Oh4GTO
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Thuggishcoot42
Hey, thanks man this is so awesome, few questions though, how cold was it? It get negative 50 here also I will get these but do I get the same exact size from and back? Thanks.
It wasnt that cold but single digits. They remain soft and drive like any other tire. Not sure what the limit is but it's a dedicated winter tire so it's probably no different than any other winter tire. These tires come in OEM sizes for the widebody.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...alpin-pa4.html
Old 09-14-2019, 03:44 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Default Doh!

And the name again is Mr. Plow....
Old 09-17-2019, 01:13 PM
CJ Willys
Le Mans Master

Received 505 Likes on 295 Posts

What's all that white stuff????
Old 09-17-2019, 03:20 PM
Yoggi
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

At first glance; I thought you had sprayed it with some type of foam!
Old 09-25-2019, 05:00 PM
Thuggishcoot42
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts

I was on the fence between the PA4s and the A/S3s and boy am I glad I went with the PA4s. Other drivers were not kidding when they said they were passing trucks and semis on the highway.

Today was a mixture of ice, sleet, and snow. All three were present in some form or another. This car with these tires performed amazing. It very seldomly got upset. Very little wiggle in the rear when crossing intersection filled with all kinds of crap. There was practically no plowing or salting. My neighborhood easily had 6 inches of snow and the car drove like it was on dry pavement.

Everyone talks about getting a cheap beater for the winter. Well I saw a lot of them, mostly trying to get uphill, sitting on the side of the road, or spun around in a guardrail. Even SUVs, pickups and semis were struggling, sitting in ditches or stuck. This car did not bat an eye. Amazing combination.

So I wanna get those PAS ordered and put on it snows next week...but I'm not a tire guy and dont know a lot what sizes do I get? Same as what I have on? Idk I called the tire shops I stated thise and the size on my door frame panel he said I wont find them??? Winter is coming quick hope you reply thanks.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:53 PM
Oh4GTO
Drifting

These come is stock size. Go to TireRack and put in your vehicle and the set will show up.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:37 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by saleen556

:
Glad it drives so well in the snow. One of the reasons I wouldn’t drive mine is the idiot that can’t drive will slide in to me. Much prefer my truck in that situation. Much easier to get out of the way with all wheel drive.
iagree: Nailed it. Where I live we get snow in the FEET not inches (annual average snowfall is around 160"), that's exactly why in addition to my '19 ZO6 M7 I have an AWD Mercedes sedan for my wife and a Ford 4WD for myself. Way too many idiot and just plain bad drivers out there, especially once the snow flies.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:45 AM
Thuggishcoot42
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts

These come is stock size. Go to TireRack and put in your vehicle and the set will show up.
Ty for the reply
...this is what it said

2016 CHEVROLET CORVETTE COUPE Z51 PACKAGE

Original Equipment Wheel Diameter: 19"

There are no 19" winter / snow tires remaining in stock for your vehicle this season.

Original Equipment Wheel Diameter: 20"

There are no 20" winter / snow tires remaining in stock for your vehicle this season.
  • am I screwed??
Old 09-26-2019, 09:27 AM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

^^^
Call them.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:54 AM
Oh4GTO
Drifting

You did not mention that you have a Z51. Different tire sizes. You may be able to get a set of Blizzaks that work for you. Your best bet is to call and they can give you the next closest sizes that work.

Quick Reply: Some might find this disturbing.............