C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone get Xpel Ultimate Plus on a Watkins Glen Gray?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 02:10 PM
MrBrightside
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Anyone get Xpel Ultimate Plus on a Watkins Glen Gray?

Or any other PPF?

Last edited by MrBrightside; 11-26-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:27 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

I have Xpel (regular) on Shark Gray. What are you asking? No one would ever know its on there unless you get up close where it stops half way up the hood and run your finger nail across it.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:42 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Xpel

Originally Posted by MrBrightside
Or any other PPF?
We have protected hundreds of grey Corvettes throughout the years including plenty of Watkins Glen Grey cars. Do you have questions we can answer for you?
The following users liked this post:
MrBrightside (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 08:34 PM
Vegas1500
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 256 Likes on 168 Posts

Have mine wrapped in suntek, looks absolutely amazing. iMO better than without.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:11 PM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts

I have had film on 4 different color vehicles so far. Pretty much invisible on anything darker than white.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:22 PM
MrBrightside
Racer

Originally Posted by Maxpowers
I have Xpel (regular) on Shark Gray. What are you asking? No one would ever know its on there unless you get up close where it stops half way up the hood and run your finger nail across it.
I had a follow up but I deleted it by accident. (Note to self: Never edit on your phone)

Old 11-26-2018, 10:25 PM
MrBrightside
Racer

Originally Posted by XPEL
We have protected hundreds of grey Corvettes throughout the years including plenty of Watkins Glen Grey cars. Do you have questions we can answer for you?
Hi! I wanted to know if it was ok to get it installed after 5,000 miles if the car was still super clean. Is there an Xpel-sanctioned process for cars with a few K miles on them before the wrap?

I found a great installer in Dubai who comes highly recommended by friends with Ferraris and McLarens & I want to get the wrap done

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2018, 10:25 PM
Guitarking1
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

I've been doing the rounds on PPF over the last month. I've narrowed it down to two installers; one does XPEL and the other does Suntek. Suntek guy offers a fuller range of services. After seeing the number of exotics they've done, plus Vettes, I'm leaning Suntek.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:22 PM
olblue75
Drifting

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Have expel of some type on my GSCE and looks really good!!
XPEL (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 05:24 AM
MrBrightside
Racer

Originally Posted by olblue75
Have expel of some type on my GSCE and looks really good!!
That's what I just bought Even with the hash marks yeah? no major bubbles?
Old 11-27-2018, 09:52 AM
CT Grand Sport CE
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

I had mine wrapped with Xpel before I picked it up from the dealer. Everything but the roof and rear are wrapped. They did not cover the hash marks or center stripe because of bubbles. You have to really look to see the edges.
I would think that despite having a few thousand miles, the installer should be able to polish out any swirls or scratches before applying the PPF? They should do that anyway before installing.
XPEL (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 11:53 AM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Xpel

Originally Posted by MrBrightside
Hi! I wanted to know if it was ok to get it installed after 5,000 miles if the car was still super clean. Is there an Xpel-sanctioned process for cars with a few K miles on them before the wrap?

I found a great installer in Dubai who comes highly recommended by friends with Ferraris and McLarens & I want to get the wrap done

Thanks!
Hi there,

Yes, it is absolutely okay to wrap a car in XPEL even if the car has some miles on it. If you have any major chips or scratches, you'll want to get those fixed beforehand. Otherwise, you're good to go. Better to get the XPEL installed sooner than later to prevent any future damage.

Originally Posted by Guitarking1
I've been doing the rounds on PPF over the last month. I've narrowed it down to two installers; one does XPEL and the other does Suntek. Suntek guy offers a fuller range of services. After seeing the number of exotics they've done, plus Vettes, I'm leaning Suntek.
Just make note that not all films are created equal. Make sure you're getting the most durable and clearest film on the market, not to mention the world's best fitting patterns (templates), and world's first 10 year warranty. Our 10 Year Warranty on the ULTIMATE PLUS film covers yellowing, delaminating, cracking, peeling, staining, and more. Parts AND Labor. Let us know if we can help in any way.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:05 PM
MrBrightside
Racer

Originally Posted by XPEL
Hi there,

Yes, it is absolutely okay to wrap a car in XPEL even if the car has some miles on it. If you have any major chips or scratches, you'll want to get those fixed beforehand. Otherwise, you're good to go. Better to get the XPEL installed sooner than later to prevent any future damage.

Just make note that not all films are created equal. Make sure you're getting the most durable and clearest film on the market, not to mention the world's best fitting patterns (templates), and world's first 10 year warranty. Our 10 Year Warranty on the ULTIMATE PLUS film covers yellowing, delaminating, cracking, peeling, staining, and more. Parts AND Labor. Let us know if we can help in any way.
I appreciate that thank you! The car is clean & the pain is near-perfect so I'm sure they'll be able to do a great job. I'll keep you posted
XPEL (12-05-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone get Xpel Ultimate Plus on a Watkins Glen Gray?

Quick Reply: Anyone get Xpel Ultimate Plus on a Watkins Glen Gray?