Spilled soda in console, what should I do? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Spilled soda in console, what should I do?

Notices
C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spilled soda in console, what should I do?

Old 12-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Scoty21

Default Spilled soda in console, what should I do?

Hello, I have a 2016 Z51. A few months ago I spilled a cup of soda all over my console due to slamming on the brakes when somebody cut me off. My dad gave me some electronic spray that day and I sprayed a lot in the stereo buttons hoping it would dissolve the soda and keep it from getting sticky inside but now that it's cold weather and I'm noticing the buttons are getting very stiff, so it didn't work.

The button to start the car is the most stiff. Can anybody recommend anything else or what I should do? Maybe a different kind of spray that's safe for that? I never had this problem before. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:02 PM
16/C7Z
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,126 Times in 876 Posts

Nope that's about all you can do.

happened to my work truck. Nightmare. But the spray worked
Old 12-02-2018, 10:05 PM
devnull
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'10, '14

Originally Posted by Scoty21 View Post
Hello, I have a 2016 Z51. A few months ago I spilled a cup of soda all over my console due to slamming on the brakes when somebody cut me off. My dad gave me some electronic spray that day and I sprayed a lot in the stereo buttons hoping it would dissolve the soda and keep it from getting sticky inside but now that it's cold weather and I'm noticing the buttons are getting very stiff, so it didn't work.

The button to start the car is the most stiff. Can anybody recommend anything else or what I should do? Maybe a different kind of spray that's safe for that? I never had this problem before. Thanks for any help.
There is a dude selling an entire dash with all the buttons for like $200 in the for sale section. I'd buy that and replace them all.

If it is JUST the start button PM me, I have a spare. If you need more than that (sounds like you do), buy that dash!

Last edited by devnull; 12-02-2018 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:06 PM
devnull
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'10, '14

Old 12-03-2018, 12:36 AM
Jeff V.
CF Senior Member

Disassemble it and clean it thoroughly. If you can't clean it, replace it. The work is time consuming, but it's not very difficult. There's plenty of spare parts available on eBay and other places.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spilled soda in console, what should I do?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: