Nothing But Complaints... - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nothing But Complaints...

Old 12-06-2018, 06:33 PM
  #21  
Skid Row Joe
CF Senior Member
 
Skid Row Joe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas - Make America Great Again!
Posts: 13,147
Thanked 906 Times in 713 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JockamoIPA View Post
This applies to all forums not just C7, but I think CF should start separate rooms for people that just want to complain about their cars in order to declutter the General Discussion rooms.

I have a C6 Z51 and C7 GS so I primarily lurk and post in the General Discussion rooms, but as of late the majority of posts in these rooms are nothing but a bunch of people bitching and complaining about their Corvettes, and most of it is either ludicrous or just plain stupid. I mean, there's people that bitch about the most ridiculous things claiming defects or that things in their car are broken, most of the time it's nothing or the problem could have been solved/avoided if they had read the manual.

The reason this is becoming a problem is that it's getting harder to sort through the BS to get to information that's actually relevant or worthwhile.

For those of you constantly complaining about your cars...NEWS FLASH...it's a car...they're not perfect, they sometimes break especially when the factory produces thousands upon thousands of copies. If you're an adult you know this going in, so put your big boy pants on and deal with it...and read the freaking manual for once, or sell it.
Do you have a complaint about your C7? Anything? Bueller......??
Skid Row Joe is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 06:37 PM
  #22  
Steve_R
Nuclear Dude
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2012
Location: In an airport lounge
Posts: 25,375
Thanked 2,090 Times in 948 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
Default

Many here don't seem to realize that this forum is owned by Internet Brands to make money. The more threads there are, the more clicks there will be, which equates to more revenue for IB. They don't run this place as a free public service, it's a business.

Steve_R is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 06:44 PM
  #23  
16/C7Z
CF Senior Member
 
16/C7Z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,961
Thanked 1,087 Times in 849 Posts
Default

Sometimes people want to vent. O dont comment and leave the thread?


this mentality of "I dont like what you say so shut up" is ridiculous. Move on. Sometimes the same cast of characters get under my skin also but I either leave or comment on how it's the same ol and move along myself. Why do you care?
16/C7Z is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 06:48 PM
  #24  
JDSC7VETTE
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 265
Thanked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Default

I don't normally complain but for some reason when I leave my Corvette uncovered in the garage for an extended period dust collects on it. I noticed this just today because we have lots of snow outside and it hasn't left the garage in weeks. Anybody else notice this. I don't remember ever having this issue with any of my other cars. Maybe it's a Chevy thing? Or just a Corvette issue? This may be my last GM built vehicle!
JDSC7VETTE is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 06:50 PM
  #25  
Zaphod B
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2015
Posts: 317
Thanked 107 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Seriously, there are so many posts where I just SMH and keep my fingers off the keyboard...
Zaphod B is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 06:52 PM
  #26  
Zaphod B
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2015
Posts: 317
Thanked 107 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JDSC7VETTE View Post
I don't normally complain but for some reason when I leave my Corvette uncovered in the garage for an extended period dust collects on it. I noticed this just today because we have lots of snow outside and it hasn't left the garage in weeks. Anybody else notice this. I don't remember ever having this issue with any of my other cars. Maybe it's a Chevy thing? Or just a Corvette issue? This may be my last GM built vehicle!
You, sir, did not read the part of the owner's manual that instructs you to use a car cover in that garage.
Zaphod B is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 07:04 PM
  #27  
Thunder22
CF Senior Member
 
Thunder22's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: NY/LI/NJ
Posts: 25,815
Thanked 980 Times in 685 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JockamoIPA View Post
This applies to all forums not just C7, but I think CF should start separate rooms for people that just want to complain about their cars in order to declutter the General Discussion rooms.

I have a C6 Z51 and C7 GS so I primarily lurk and post in the General Discussion rooms, but as of late the majority of posts in these rooms are nothing but a bunch of people bitching and complaining about their Corvettes, and most of it is either ludicrous or just plain stupid. I mean, there's people that bitch about the most ridiculous things claiming defects or that things in their car are broken, most of the time it's nothing or the problem could have been solved/avoided if they had read the manual.

The reason this is becoming a problem is that it's getting harder to sort through the BS to get to information that's actually relevant or worthwhile.

For those of you constantly complaining about your cars...NEWS FLASH...it's a car...they're not perfect, they sometimes break especially when the factory produces thousands upon thousands of copies. If you're an adult you know this going in, so put your big boy pants on and deal with it...and read the freaking manual for once, or sell it.

So you're new to car forums I take it.....

Every car forum, hell, every forum on the internet is basically this way since Al Gore fired it up.

I'm filing this under water is wet.

Last edited by Thunder22; 12-06-2018 at 07:13 PM.
Thunder22 is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 07:05 PM
  #28  
joemessman
CF Senior Member
 
joemessman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2015
Location: Lake Havasu City Arizona
Posts: 4,065
Thanked 1,260 Times in 849 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mayor111 View Post
Posts you see here that make me all warm and cozy:

1) You post a question and a smart *** replies "Read the manual" - Really? In the time you typed and posted that you could have shared some insight to actually HELP!!
2)
You post a question and someone replies "I dont have that problem" - That's like going to the doctors and say "my knee hurts", and the doc says, well mine doesn't, and sends you home...
3)
You post a question about a specific model and someone replies - "I have a Z06, and its much better" - Cause YOUR model is the very very best in the world - all hail
4)
You post a that you got new wheels (lets say chrome) and someone replies "I think black rims are better" - Is that really necessary? Couldn't you just post "hey nice wheels - or post nothing if you dont like them???
Yeah. I read one post where he was having automatic transmission issues and someone replied. "I solved that. I have a manual transmission. Ha Ha". That really helps and addresses the issue. I see that crap all the time. I just ignore it.
joemessman is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 07:05 PM
  #29  
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member
 
PatternDayTrader's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: Lansing MI and Houston TX
Posts: 6,734
Thanked 637 Times in 505 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JDSC7VETTE View Post
I don't normally complain but for some reason when I leave my Corvette uncovered in the garage for an extended period dust collects on it. I noticed this just today because we have lots of snow outside and it hasn't left the garage in weeks. Anybody else notice this. I don't remember ever having this issue with any of my other cars. Maybe it's a Chevy thing? Or just a Corvette issue? This may be my last GM built vehicle!
Lol …
PatternDayTrader is online now  
Old 12-06-2018, 07:05 PM
  #30  
KCV
CF Senior Member
 
KCV's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 252
Thanked 95 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JDSC7VETTE View Post
I don't normally complain but for some reason when I leave my Corvette uncovered in the garage for an extended period dust collects on it. I noticed this just today because we have lots of snow outside and it hasn't left the garage in weeks. Anybody else notice this. I don't remember ever having this issue with any of my other cars. Maybe it's a Chevy thing? Or just a Corvette issue? This may be my last GM built vehicle!
I have the same problem. What’s up with that? Unacceptable! That is by far my biggest problem with my C7.

Last edited by KCV; 12-06-2018 at 07:08 PM.
KCV is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 07:06 PM
  #31  
DSPC7
CF Member
 
DSPC7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: Frederick Maryland
Posts: 78
Thanked 30 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Only been a Vette owner and forum member since May 2017. I rarely chime in on the threads this year as they all seem to go sideways these days. But one thing that does irk me is wheel vendors hammering a thread for their wheels with pictures of all sorts of cars and few if any Vettes!
DSPC7 is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 07:12 PM
  #32  
speedlink
CF Senior Member
 
speedlink's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 3,727
Thanked 147 Times in 123 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JDSC7VETTE View Post
I don't normally complain but for some reason when I leave my Corvette uncovered in the garage for an extended period dust collects on it. I noticed this just today because we have lots of snow outside and it hasn't left the garage in weeks. Anybody else notice this. I don't remember ever having this issue with any of my other cars. Maybe it's a Chevy thing? Or just a Corvette issue? This may be my last GM built vehicle!
Love a good sarcastic comment.
speedlink is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 08:20 PM
  #33  
AORoads
CF Senior Member
 
AORoads's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 43,147
Thanked 1,265 Times in 1,062 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"
Default

1) It CAN help people who have a legit problem and get helpful answers.
2) this site and most that are free, is a buisiness to make money via participants.
3) it's also free speech in the US, which gets more difficult to find in some places like college campuses.

You don't like what you're reading just move along, douglas, i.e., change channels. (from LA Law)

Originally Posted by lcbiiimd View Post
As someone who is having issues with his car at present (and whose car been languishing at the dealer for over a month now with a transmission issue they seem unable to correct) I would suggest that maybe some of these "complaint threads" are being posted in the hopes that maybe someone who also owns the same car might have input that would be helpful. I've had some good advice from fellow owners that I appreciate and getting advice from fellow enthusiasts is one of the points of having a forum like this.
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Many here don't seem to realize that this forum is owned by Internet Brands to make money. The more threads there are, the more clicks there will be, which equates to more revenue for IB. They don't run this place as a free public service, it's a business.
Originally Posted by 16/C7Z View Post
Sometimes people want to vent. O dont comment and leave the thread?
this mentality of "I dont like what you say so shut up" is ridiculous. Move on. Sometimes the same cast of characters get under my skin also but I either leave or comment on how it's the same ol and move along myself. Why do you care?
AORoads is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 08:32 PM
  #34  
orca1946
CF Senior Member
 
orca1946's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Schaumburg IL
Posts: 3,910
Thanked 108 Times in 95 Posts
Default

Amen!!!!!!
orca1946 is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 08:40 PM
  #35  
carsnpars
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Posts: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 35 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Gomer says"GOOOOOLLYYY" Forest asks" you eat **** for breakfast? Is it cooked?"
carsnpars is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 08:42 PM
  #36  
vettenevodrvr
CF Senior Member
 
vettenevodrvr's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2007
Location: Corona CA
Posts: 763
Thanked 32 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Brawr!

My wife drove mine in the rain today.

Seriously.

Let the flaming commence.
vettenevodrvr is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 08:43 PM
  #37  
vettenevodrvr
CF Senior Member
 
vettenevodrvr's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2007
Location: Corona CA
Posts: 763
Thanked 32 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by carsnpars View Post
Gomer says"GOOOOOLLYYY" Forest asks" you eat **** for breakfast? Is it cooked?"
Only body temperature.
vettenevodrvr is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 08:52 PM
  #38  
JockamoIPA
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
JockamoIPA's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2011
Location: Mandeville LA
Posts: 298
Thanked 39 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader
Ok I'll bite.

You eat pieces of **** for breakfast?
No!!!!

Originally Posted by lcbiiimd
As someone who is having issues with his car at present (and whose car been languishing at the dealer for over a month now with a transmission issue they seem unable to correct) I would suggest that maybe some of these "complaint threads" are being posted in the hopes that maybe someone who also owns the same car might have input that would be helpful. I've had some good advice from fellow owners that I appreciate and getting advice from fellow enthusiasts is one of the points of having a forum like this.
My opinion, but that's not a complaint, that's a legit problem and you're seeking a solution/advice. I'm talking about just BS bitching.

Originally Posted by Avanti
The same argument could be made for each and every specific topic in the General Forum. Where would one stop? For example, I'd like removing ALL he vendor posts. Everyone would have different ideas, ;huh?
The vendor posts are also getting out of hand. I wouldn't mind giving the vendors their own room to declutter some of this crap out of the way. Also, a rating system for vendors like stars and stats and feedback like that found on E-Bay or Amazon would be nice.

Originally Posted by JDSC7VETTE
I don't normally complain but for some reason when I leave my Corvette uncovered in the garage for an extended period dust collects on it. I noticed this just today because we have lots of snow outside and it hasn't left the garage in weeks. Anybody else notice this. I don't remember ever having this issue with any of my other cars. Maybe it's a Chevy thing? Or just a Corvette issue? This may be my last GM built vehicle!
Lol!!! Exactly.

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Do you have a complaint about your C7? Anything? Bueller......??
No, complaint, just that, it is so choice...if you have the means I highly recommend picking one up.

Originally Posted by Thunder22
So you're new to car forums I take it.....

Every car forum, hell, every forum on the internet is basically this way since Al Gore fired it up.

I'm filing this under water is wet.
No, not at all. I've been on the inter web since before Al claimed it for himself. Anyway, just making an observation.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 12-06-2018 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button in the lower right hand corner (the middle icon) to make your responses to multiple people look like this!
JockamoIPA is online now  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: