Sponsored by:

How to sell a used C7

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 04:32 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC
I have sold a few vehicles to Carmax and will probably sell them my current C7 next year.
It is just so much easier than dealing with the low-balling, time wasting internet tire kickers.
After selling my C6 privately, I never want to sell to anyone thinking about buying a Corvette. Especially a first time Corvette buyer.
They might have been the most ignorant bunch of characters I have ever dealt with. The same goes for the two weeks I had my C7 for sale this year.
Idiots just came out of the wood work. I listed my car thousands cheaper than any C7 I could find in the US and they were still trying to beat me up.
Some of the questions were complete stupidity. Pretty sure none of them did their homework on the car.
I couldn't have said it better Mike. I learned everyone of those lesson when trying to sell a C3. I just gave up, and traded it for a C6. I my not have got a better deal, but I didn't have to deal with the morons. Also, everybody wanted to test drive the car without any commitment.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 12-11-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:41 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

I should add that this forum seems to be a good place to sell a modded car. I sold my 700 RWHP C6 here in pretty short order. Guy came from across the country to get it too. Granted...it was dirt cheap (sold it for less than half of the $70k it took to get it there). It did sell though.

I can certainly see the appeal of Carmax. I have sold them two cars that they were really good about. Both of then “run-of-the-mill” vehicles but it was a smooth easy experience. I don’t think they like having to deal with high end cars though.

Quick Reply: How to sell a used C7