Sponsored by:

DI oil deposits, catch can, exh extraction, meth kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Yourconfused
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
I think I saw it some place the 2014 had a poor set up for a PCV system and after that G,M, per say worked on it and it done much better. Plus I know G.M. had a bad batch of blocks in 2014 that the blocks wasn't set up that good and really needed to be bored like 5,k to fix the problem. This caused a bad blow by on the oil problem into the intake and that.

I know this from what Andy from A/A got one or two of these early c7's in his shop. But even in the later c7 with so called better PCV system if I had any type of blower on the car. No way I would run it without a good catch can on the car.

Now with all the post above & me also if you want one are think you need one get one, If you dont think you do then run the car without one your car do what you want and just have fun in it.. Robert
I had no idea about any of that stuff regarding the 14s. I am not unlike anyone else and need to see real data to set my mind at ease so I will look into this. Going to my car now to see what the man date is. lol I have a noise that I am going to check out with a local vette guy as it is just bugging me to death. It may be the HPFP or something but it isn't a normal noise. It almost sounds like piston slap but never goes away and as ambient noise increases as speed increases I can't tell if it is a constant frequency or rpm related. If you have ever heard a cracked flex plate, it kinda sounds like that. With the vettes layout I am not sure where the flex plate and torque converter are located at either end of the torque tube setup.

Man I get off topic easily. lol Thanks for the info that is now bugging me about the motor. lol

Edit: Visited a friend and his 18 GS with only 2k on the clock had the same odd sound as mine so I think it is just a C7 noise and nothing to worry about after all. I did find that his seat bottoms feel way different, in a good way, his traction control allowed for way more wheel spin than mine, his ride in sport was softer, and his NPP exhaust behaved different and didn't go quiet like mine in sport. Interesting stuff.

Last edited by Yourconfused; 12-12-2018 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:58 PM
Yourconfused
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I watched this at 2X speed as there is no need to wait through the whole vid at real time. I think I am just going to play with making one after hours at work if I can. Wished I had a TIG at home, but having a machine shop and welders at work is still a good thing.

Quick Reply: DI oil deposits, catch can, exh extraction, meth kit