Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying new Splitter and Side Skirts

Old 12-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Fast Boat Guy
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Buying new Splitter and Side Skirts

I am looking to upgrade my factory front Splitter and Side Skirts to Stage 2 Carbon Fiber.
Was looking for some feed back on what ones are best bang for the buck. Both in looks and quality.
The two options I am thinking of are the ones from JW Motorsports, or the ones from Extreme Online Store.
Both are in C/F.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:19 PM
vettejeff
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

I have done installs on over a dozen of my buddies vettes as i have a lift in the garage. Both ACS and RPI sell very nice splitters and skirts. Have had no problems installing either companies product, fit and finish was perfect. Now I've only done the carbon flash parts so can't speak for the carbon fibre? Do your homework and watch for holiday sales and free shipping!
Old 12-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Fast Boat Guy
Instructor

Thanks for the reply.
I was looking at both of those brands too, but I think I wanted to go with the C/F to try to match up the C/F hood insert that is on the car now.
I am not 100% set on the C/F but I just thought it would be a better look if it did match.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:40 PM
ExtremeOnlineStore
Supporting Vendor

Received 128 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Boat Guy
I am looking to upgrade my factory front Splitter and Side Skirts to Stage 2 Carbon Fiber.
Was looking for some feed back on what ones are best bang for the buck. Both in looks and quality.
The two options I am thinking of are the ones from JW Motorsports, or the ones from Extreme Online Store.
Both are in C/F.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.
You may check out our C7 Collection for more Exterior Parts & Accessories.

https://extremeonlinestore.com/collections/corvette-c7
Old 12-13-2018, 06:00 PM
witness140
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

EOS and JWM are wholesale partners. I ordered from JWM and received my skirts from EOS. Fitment could be better. Instructions didn't even align with what was in the box. (Instructions were for rivets but they included self tapping screws) You get what you pay for, so I'd say in my case (not a show car) the scale was still tilted in favor of good value. If you expect OEM fitment and are willing to pay for it - skip these guys.

If you have the A8 and go with EOS or JWM - regardless of what JWM has said in his skirt install thread - do NOT use the included self tapping screws for the driver side unless you want to risk hitting an A8 tranny cooler line. Although I am looking forward to 'that guy' doing a DIY write up on taking their car apart to have it fixed.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:19 PM
Fast Boat Guy
Instructor

That’s great info.
Thanks for the advice, and information.

I will I’ll take this into consideration.

i am still deciding.

Thanks again!
Old 12-13-2018, 10:23 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,204 Likes on 13,921 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

In for some more comments as I too am considering side skirts for my '14.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:49 PM
Stew24
Pro

Received 169 Likes on 98 Posts

I had no idea the factory Poverty Splitter was riveted on, and that I'd have so much to go through trying to upgrade my Stage 1 to Stage 2 splitter. Had I known, ... I would have opted to leave it as it was!!
Old 12-14-2018, 07:54 AM
Fast Boat Guy
Instructor

That’s too bad.
What made it so much work? Just the fact that they were riveted on? Or is there more to it than that?
did you just drill out the factory rivets?
Or do other parts/panels have to come off to install the new one?
thanks
Old 12-14-2018, 08:49 AM
JDSC8VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2,898 Likes on 1,160 Posts

I have both the front splitter and side skirts in carbon flash from EOS and the fit was perfect and very easy to install. I didn't use the self tapping screws I instead used rivets and I couldn't be happier with the results.

You can spend more money and get what many perceive as better quality but I personally don't see the point. Looking at them on the car you can't tell the difference from 3 thousand dollar skirts and splitter or 600 dollar ones.

I will say this if you hit a curb or driveway approach with either of them they will be worthless garbage.

The following users liked this post:
kevpull (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 09:36 AM
Fast Boat Guy
Instructor

Great!
thanks for the info.

I did order the Carbon Fiber ones from EOS last night.

Should be be an improvement over the stock ones, and the acarbon Fiber should be a better look with the Carbon Fiber hood insert.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2018, 10:26 AM
snampro
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 166 Posts

I just received a stage 3 front splitter and sideskirts from Extreme. I've heard a few people complain about their stuff, but I'm actually pretty impressed with the quality of the product so far. I went with Carbon Flash to match the rest of the black trim on my car. I'll post some pics later and after the install.

My wife is a materials and manufacturing expert, so she's super picky about anything I do to the car. We avoided carbon fiber just because nothing really ever matches other carbon fiber items. Also, to her point, there's no real reason to make these parts out of carbon fiber, not structural, etc.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:53 AM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

Caravaggio. Canadian made too
Old 12-14-2018, 11:44 AM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Received 601 Likes on 318 Posts

I ordered from EOS the C7 Aero kit for my 2019 Stingray that comes with the front stage 2 splitter and full length side skirts in carbon flash for $589. Great price! I pre-ordered the kit on November 17th and their website said it will ship on or before Dec 2. When Dec 3 came and I saw the kit was not shipped yet I contacted them by email and inquired and they said because of the high demand the pre-order was now pushed back to on-or before Dec 31. They got right back to me in a day and said they could go ahead and ship the front splitter first and then ship the skirts when they are processed. I understand and was ok with that. The splitter is supposed to arrive today. I'll let you know what I think of the quality when it arrives. So if you see a certain ship date for the pre-order products don't get discouraged if it gets delayed or bumped up another month. It didn't bother me as long as it doesn't get bumped up an additional month. I'm just giving you a heads up. I liked the fact they got back to me right away and they offered to ship the part they did have in stock right out to me. That means a lot. I checked EOS reviews online at different websites and for the most part came up with good reviews except for one person that ordered an EOS Z06 grille on Amazon, installed it, and a couple of months later complained and posted a picture in his review of the carbon flash paint coming off. I will say that has me a little bit worried now being I ordered the carbon flash. I'm hoping for the best when I finally get everything and install it. But so far the company seems nice to work with. I'll post a review when I get my items and then another when I Install them.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:09 PM
Stew24
Pro

Received 169 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Boat Guy
That’s too bad.
What made it so much work? Just the fact that they were riveted on? Or is there more to it than that?
did you just drill out the factory rivets?
Or do other parts/panels have to come off to install the new one?
thanks
As others have said, the items look good once on the vehicle. My issues were primarily 3 things. I was under the car ready to unscrew/screw, when I realized half the fasteners were rivets. After I drilled out the rivets, it became clear the screws that came with it were too small for the holes I had just drilled, ...so I had to go out and buy some type fasteners. I didn't like the idea of just using self tapping screws, as was sent and I didn't have any experience using and creating new riveted fasteners. I wound up buying plastic screw rivets! This all set me back greatly, time wise! Also, when I got the old splitter off, and tried to install the new one, 4 out of the 20 predrilled holes were totally off, and didn't match at all. I had to drill my own since these didn't match. I opted to add a few more of my own since I was drilling. But the biggest drag, which had nothing to do with the splitter itself was ... getting the car up high enough to work on! Car was too low for my floor jact to get under, and no ramps that I had or could borrow would allow me to get the car up. I tried several variations of stacked and positioned wood planks, simulating ramps, to try to get some additional space. This robbed even more of my time! Went out trying to buy wood wedges to help facilitate getting onto the ever sliding planks inside my garage, ...Aaarrghhh!!!! Overall, ... it made me wish I had not messed with it! I got it finished, and it came out great looking ... but getting there was quite aggravating for me! .... Maybe a pic later ....
Old 12-14-2018, 04:30 PM
L82Brake
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

For mounting a splitter or side skirts. They are called Tri Rivots.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Qty-24-Tri-...item2c95402794
Old 12-14-2018, 04:37 PM
Zooki1
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In for comments also.....Looking to get some for mine also. Can anyone verify how much clearance they have after installing the splitter? I have concerns due to my driveway is sloped. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Buying new Splitter and Side Skirts

Old 12-14-2018, 05:39 PM
Fast Boat Guy
Instructor

Originally Posted by gmarcucio
I ordered from EOS the C7 Aero kit for my 2019 Stingray that comes with the front stage 2 splitter and full length side skirts in carbon flash for $589. Great price! I pre-ordered the kit on November 17th and their website said it will ship on or before Dec 2. When Dec 3 came and I saw the kit was not shipped yet I contacted them by email and inquired and they said because of the high demand the pre-order was now pushed back to on-or before Dec 31. They got right back to me in a day and said they could go ahead and ship the front splitter first and then ship the skirts when they are processed. I understand and was ok with that. The splitter is supposed to arrive today. I'll let you know what I think of the quality when it arrives. So if you see a certain ship date for the pre-order products don't get discouraged if it gets delayed or bumped up another month. It didn't bother me as long as it doesn't get bumped up an additional month. I'm just giving you a heads up. I liked the fact they got back to me right away and they offered to ship the part they did have in stock right out to me. That means a lot. I checked EOS reviews online at different websites and for the most part came up with good reviews except for one person that ordered an EOS Z06 grille on Amazon, installed it, and a couple of months later complained and posted a picture in his review of the carbon flash paint coming off. I will say that has me a little bit worried now being I ordered the carbon flash. I'm hoping for the best when I finally get everything and install it. But so far the company seems nice to work with. I'll post a review when I get my items and then another when I Install them.
thanks for the info.
I am not too concerned about delivery date, as I am in Canada, near Toronto so, I don’t need them until spring, so as long as they come before that I will be good.

Thanks for your experience tho, that’s great. Makes me feel better about the purchase!
Old 12-14-2018, 05:44 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

My EOS splitter arrived today and I was surprised my side skirts arrived too. In my earlier post I mentioned they were being delayed possibly until the end of the month. However, my stage 2 end winglets for my splitter were not packed with the splitter. I just put a message into EOS letting them know. The splitter and side skirts look great I'm pleased so far. The box had some damage to it and I was worried something might have gotten damaged inside. Here is how they come shipped and what the product looks like.

The following users liked this post:
ExtremeOnlineStore (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 05:52 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

As I mentioned in my last post I contacted EOS to let them know I did not receive my winglet ends for the splitter and it wasn't 20 minutes before they got back to me apologizing and letting me know they were out of stock and would be in next week and shipped to me. Great correspondence from these guys!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying new Splitter and Side Skirts