Sponsored by:

Buying new Splitter and Side Skirts

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 07:04 PM
Fast Boat Guy
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

That’s great!
glad to hear, makes me feel a lot better about my order that I placed with them.

Looking forward to them.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:36 PM
snampro
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by gmarcucio
As I mentioned in my last post I contacted EOS to let them know I did not receive my winglet ends for the splitter and it wasn't 20 minutes before they got back to me apologizing and letting me know they were out of stock and would be in next week and shipped to me. Great correspondence from these guys!!!
same. had one small issue with my order, already addressed by them, quick response as mentioned. Def will order from them again

update: installed the splitter and winglets, very happy, parts are high quality and fit well.

I will say all of the "problems" I've seen on this forum with this kit are not EOS' fault. Yes, if you already have a splitter, like I did, you will need to drill out the old rivets, which is easy, and yes the supplied bolts then won't fit as the holes are larger, I just used plastic push pins/rivets you can buy at Lowe's or O'Reilly, then the install looks original.

Last edited by snampro; 12-15-2018 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Added pics
The following users liked this post:
ExtremeOnlineStore (12-17-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 04:54 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Received 603 Likes on 319 Posts

I finally got around to installing my EOS front splitter and side skirts today!

Old 12-20-2018, 05:00 PM
Fast Boat Guy
Instructor

Looks great!
I like it a lot!
great looking car.
Thanks for the pictures and update.
gmarcucio (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 05:58 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

On the front splitter installation I used the factory bolts, two sided tape and drilled the additional ten 3/16" holes and used tri grip pop rivets. On the side skirts, they are held on with the screws that came with the kit. I still need to drill the 3/16" holes along the skirts and pop rivet them in. They are strong and tight with the screws as it is now but I don't want to take the chance of them loosening only being screwed into the plastic rocker panel. It was easier for me doing it by myself to start out with the screws to help hold the skirt up as I went along and fitted it I would add a screw. Once all of the screws were in and I was happy with the fitment I will now remove one screw at a time, re-drill the screw hole enlarging it to 3/16" and replace the screws with a 3/16" tri-grip pop rivet.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:11 PM
Zooki1
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I finally got around to installing my EOS front splitter and side skirts today!

looks great
gmarcucio (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 11:38 PM
ZO6 cracker
Drifting

Received 693 Likes on 404 Posts

This is a tough decision where to buy from what vendor. Seems there is a good variety. I know ACS Composite is a little more on the pricey side if you compare to other vendors. I’m leaning towards getting my front splitter and other stuff from them. Sometimes paying more pays off with especially fitment on these parts. I have read up on where guys complain that things don’t line up or other issues. But it can also happen even spending a little more money for parts.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:38 PM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

I went with the RPI carbon flash splitter and it's sitting in my garage until the weather warms a little. It appears well made but be careful running your hands along the edge as I picked up a splinter that I had to pull out. It looks super and I have installed the poverty splitter before but RPI doesn't include instructions even though it seems to be a simple application and it has the required pack of fasteners. I called RPI about an instruction sheet and they were less than enthusiastic in their reply.
I would recommend the carbon flash vs. the carbon fiber because it's a little less expensive and the hood and splitter are far enough apart that you probably wouldn't notice the difference in looks, plus the splitter can take a beating from roads and track. You can also wrap it in a CF like film.

I was going to buy the RPI skirts when out of the blue the dealer where I bought my new 2017 Z in Sept sent me the GM skirts yesterday. The Z was supposed to come with the and skirts and when I told them they should have them in their parts department somewhere they finally sent these 3 months after I bought the car(I had a great salesman who persevered). They're great looking have the same finish as the RPI. I now have a winter project.

RPI is close to where I live and seems to be the same as PFYC and they have sales often. I got my splitter for 15%off.

Last edited by nmerhaut; 12-21-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:38 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zooki1
In for comments also.....Looking to get some for mine also. Can anyone verify how much clearance they have after installing the splitter? I have concerns due to my driveway is sloped. Thanks
Before Installing the splitter I had about 7 7/8" clearance from bottom of bumper cover to the ground. After splitter install I now have about 5 3/4" from bottom (lowest part) of splitter to the ground.

Zooki1 (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 02:28 PM
Zooki1
Advanced

Before Installing the splitter I had about 7 7/8" clearance from bottom of bumper cover to the ground. After splitter install I now have about 5 3/4" from bottom (lowest part) of splitter to the ground.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know
Old 12-21-2018, 03:28 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Thank you for taking the time to let me know
No problem, is it going to work for you?
Old 12-21-2018, 03:48 PM
MA ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I just installed the EOS front splitter and side skirts in carbon flash and I think they look like they are OEM. You can't go wrong for the price and they have very good customer support. The skirts were damaged in shipping and they sent me another set out that same day that I called to let them know.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:08 PM
Zooki1
Advanced

No problem, is it going to work for you?
I believe so. It looks like you lost right at 2 inches so I believe that will leave me right 1.5 inches of clearance from my lowest measurements. Guess I'm just going to have to watch it close and go slow coming in the drive. Thanks again
Old 12-21-2018, 09:47 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

I believe so. It looks like you lost right at 2 inches so I believe that will leave me right 1.5 inches of clearance from my lowest measurements. Guess I'm just going to have to watch it close and go slow coming in the drive. Thanks again
Do you have the front camera option on your Vette? I do and was curious to see if the splitter was going to obstruct the camera image. It doesn't obstruct it at all so I was happy to see that because I depend on that camera a lot when pulling up into a parking spot or curb.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:50 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Originally Posted by MA ZO6
I just installed the EOS front splitter and side skirts in carbon flash and I think they look like they are OEM. You can't go wrong for the price and they have very good customer support. The skirts were damaged in shipping and they sent me another set out that same day that I called to let them know.
Same here EOS was great to deal with any questions which I think is most important!!! I highly recommend them. Any pictures of your install?
Old 12-21-2018, 10:08 PM
Sixgun95
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 127 Posts

ACS Fan here. It's one of those you get what you pay for things.

Old 12-21-2018, 10:13 PM
Sixgun95
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 127 Posts

Nice!

Get notified of new replies

To Buying new Splitter and Side Skirts

Old 12-21-2018, 10:39 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sixgun95
ACS Fan here. It's one of those you get what you pay for things.

They look great!!!
Old 12-21-2018, 11:28 PM
Fast Boat Guy
Instructor

That looks real nice!
Old 12-22-2018, 06:08 AM
Zooki1
Advanced

Do you have the front camera option on your Vette? I do and was curious to see if the splitter was going to obstruct the camera image. It doesn't obstruct it at all so I was happy to see that because I depend on that camera a lot when pulling up into a parking spot or curb.
No I don't have that option

Quick Reply: Buying new Splitter and Side Skirts