C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Vette has been back at the dealer for 3 weeks. Advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 01:06 PM
FlyboyZR1
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sconn
I'm gonna tell you, there's nothing any of us on this forum can do for you either. This seems like a very simple problem to figure out. Go get your freaking car!
​​​​​​

Go get the damn car today! Research the best dealership before dropping it off again and don't be afraid to show up in person. What to do if your car isn't there? Call the police.
The following 2 users liked this post by FlyboyZR1:
Malum1 (12-15-2018), Rebel Yell (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 01:21 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

LaRocca, there's absolutely no reason you should be treated like this. As already stated, go to the dealership as soon as you can. But, before you go into the the service dept. go to the General Managers office. Explain to him/her what you have told us. Ask them if they will walk out to the service dept. to help you get some answers. If you can't get any answers then, tell them to bring your car out front, and that you're going to another dealership. Don't worry about causing the car anymore problems, it's broke now so it doesn't matter. Right before you leave let them know you are going to give them the review they deserve on every review outlet online you can find. Customer service like this should be known by everyone. Also, if you would tell us the name of the dealer so members here won't go there and get caught up in a situation like this one. Good luck, remember you do not deserve this type of treatment.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 12-15-2018 at 01:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (12-16-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 01:25 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
Also, if you would tell us the name of the dealer so members here won't go there and get caught up in a situation like this one. Good luck, remember you do not deserve this type of treatment.
Seems as if SoCal has more than its fair share of shitty dealers.....
Rebel Yell (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 01:33 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by LaRocca
I have NEVER been through anything like this before. This is my first new Corvette. How am I supposed to know how long these matters take hence, why I posted here in the first place? Why wouldn't I be telling the whole story? Are you serious?
Really? You've never taken a car to a dealership before? How extraordinary! Corvettes aren't any different than any other car. The issue of "not telling the whole story" was brought up because many times that's what happens here. We get half a story, usually to make the dealership look bad, and when it all finally comes out, there is some culpability on the part of the owner. Not saying you fit that pattern, but the fact is it has happened many times here. The other common issue is that people come here looking for an answer to their issue, and they only want the answers they are prepared to hear. These people are not looking for answers as much as they are looking for co-dependents. Then they get all argumentative when the answers aren't to their liking. If there is one thing that is apparent about your story it is that you have not been proactive about your own car. You've been passive. The most common answer here, as far as I can see, is that you have to take charge of this situation. So either take our advice or reject it, but if you want to argue, go argue with the service manager. And good luck.

Last edited by mschuyler; 12-15-2018 at 01:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mschuyler:
CorvetteBrent (12-16-2018), Malum1 (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Que Rich
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts

It's wild how people can post the most bonehead response to questions forum members have. Either answer the question to help a fellow Vette owner out or don't response at all. No need for keyboard thugs!!
The following 5 users liked this post by Que Rich:
ErrrrCar205 (12-17-2018), frankb (12-15-2018), jacksonpyt (12-16-2018), ShagVette (12-15-2018), xWS6guy (12-16-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 02:21 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,282 Likes on 13,960 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Look, as others have said, it is your car and you are entitled to answers as to its status. Go to the dealership, talk to either the service manager or the dealership owner, and get the answers. If they can't provide you a detailed description as to what they have done so far to diagnose the problem and what the status of the repair is, then ask them to bring you the car and you will find another dealership (unless they have the car torn apart already). In any case, get GM Customer Assistance involved in creating you a case file on the car in case the Lemon Law becomes an option. And check with your state and see just what triggers the Lemon Law - you really should be getting close to qualifying.

Good luck, hopefully your problems with the car will get resolved soon, one way or the other.
CorvetteBrent (12-16-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 02:23 PM
LimeRay
Pro

Received 353 Likes on 188 Posts

This could be the most ridiculous post I've seen in this forum. How the hell do you not walk in the service dept. office and demand answers? It's your car, ask them where it is. If they can't give you an answer you might want to report it as stolen. Talk about being helpless, good God.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:25 PM
Sconn
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Que Rich
It's wild how people can post the most bonehead response to questions forum members have. Either answer the question to help a fellow Vette owner out or don't response at all. No need for keyboard thugs!!
And how does your response help the OP? Did you even really read his post? Put yourself in that situation? Would you really go to a forum for advice after only 4 phone calls and a drive by viewing? It's not like they are keeping the car hostage in a hidden location as he seems to think.

There is more to this story than meets the eye, I my humble keyboard thug opinion.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:30 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,999 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyboyZR1

What to do if your car isn't there? Call the police.

​​​​​​​The police or sheriff's deputies need to be called. They'll get their detectives involved if necessary. Grand Theft Auto.
Avanti (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 02:47 PM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Que Rich
Obviously you haven't spent much time on this forum. For some fun just post you drove "XXXXX" and it was better than a Corvette because XXXX.

Soon someone will post the OP is posting just to troll the forum.

There are some good people on here and a lot that have never been in a bar. Say 1/2 the s^%& said here and they'd be missing most if not all of their teeth.
Mister Big (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 02:53 PM
oldvetteowner
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds fishy to me!!!!!
Old 12-15-2018, 03:01 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,205 Likes on 3,452 Posts

Seriously, it is absurdly tolerant customers that allow such jerk-a** dealers to exist. Raise hell!

Someone, somewhere actually runs and/or owns the place. Find out who and personally go talk with him/her. I hate to advocate "personal responsibility" but all I can say it, it's always worked for me. (my apologies to Hunter S. Thompson)
Old 12-15-2018, 03:22 PM
Mister Big
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 198 Posts

Care to share the name of your dealer?
Old 12-15-2018, 04:12 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

If the car is on a hoist with the trans out of it, then that explains why he might not have seen it. I'm also not at all surprised that using the telephone has accomplished nothing.
At this point, I would either go in there personally, or commit to the idea of calling every hour or so until someone produces a straight answer.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:18 PM
ls777z
Burning Brakes

Received 315 Likes on 231 Posts

A lot of second guessing. Lots of poor legal advice. All based upon someone's reluctance to simply ask the dealer "dude, where's my car".
Old 12-15-2018, 05:05 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,760 Likes on 3,176 Posts

Plenty of proper advice on here OP.

go to the dealer in the morning and ask them what's happening in person and get your answer.

for you to come here and post this without having done that first is why the post appears suspect in the first place because that action is about the most basic common sense thing to do.... for any car.... for any able bodied individual...
Old 12-15-2018, 05:13 PM
traronf
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 93 Posts

It’s Just after 2PM right now in LA. I would go to see the guy who sold you that car and have him walk through the service department with you and see what is going on with it. Why wait until Monday! This is BS and I would have never waited this long and would be all over them. Maybe it’s an east coast / west cost thing, but passiveness is not going to get you anywhere.

Get notified of new replies

To My Vette has been back at the dealer for 3 weeks. Advice needed.

Old 12-15-2018, 05:22 PM
trumanjd1
Burning Brakes

Received 198 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by oldvetteowner
Sounds fishy to me!!!!!
This guy is either insanely naive....or trolling !!
Old 12-15-2018, 05:48 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by traronf
It’s Just after 2PM right now in LA. I would go to see the guy who sold you that car and have him walk through the service department with you and see what is going on with it. Why wait until Monday! This is BS and I would have never waited this long and would be all over them. Maybe it’s an east coast / west cost thing, but passiveness is not going to get you anywhere.
Most stealerships' service dept aren't open on Saturday, let alone the GM being in
Old 12-15-2018, 06:57 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

I’m in Los Angeles and shopped local dealers it had to go out to rydell and Keyes because the rest were very Small-time corvette sales dealers. The one in Culver City on slauson has the absolute worst reputation for service, of any model, I’ve seen. Yelp research pays off. I hope you didn’t go there. Believe it or not, the Felix dealer in downtown on Figueroa blvd only had 1 in stock when I was shopping.

In any case, the only way you’ll get an answer is to go there and demand one from the person accountable, in charge face to face. Depending on who you went to, they could be in over ther depth with your car’s issue and are stalling for time. I do t want to cast conjecture but if you didn’t see your car there, they weren’t working on it. Who was, is the question... Their response is worrisome though as it’s extremely unprofessional. You can also check onstar app’s driving history to see if your car has any miles/ activity since you dropped it off. You may need to threaten a call to GM.

If they can’t fix the issue they need to return your car and you will have to force that issue. It’s your property. The time for being nice ended when they failed to deliver any updates, from the sound of it.

Last edited by tcinla; 12-15-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Quick Reply: My Vette has been back at the dealer for 3 weeks. Advice needed.