My Vette has been back at the dealer for 3 weeks. Advice needed. - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

My Vette has been back at the dealer for 3 weeks. Advice needed.

Notices
C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Vette has been back at the dealer for 3 weeks. Advice needed.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:42 PM
  #1  
LaRocca
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default My Vette has been back at the dealer for 3 weeks. Advice needed.

Heres the jist of my story:

I bought my brand new 2019 GS on June 20th of this year @ a dealership here in Los Angeles. In the 5 months that I had her in my possession, I put 3150 miles on her. 20 days ago, today, she started making 3 different noises in the same day.
The Noises:
I would start the car , back out of my parking space & when I would put it into drive & step on the accelerator, she would just make a terrible whining sound for a few seconds & then proceed to accelerate.
Directly afterwards, when I would come to the end of my driveway & stop, there was a loud rubbing sound coming from the right side of the engine. ( This same thing happened 3 times, that same day)
When I left ( on the 3rd time that day) this grinding sound ( almost sounded like my car was breathing) was coming from my center vent & it just made the same sound for nearly 30 miles.
I then dropped it off at the Dealership where I purchased her.
Today marks the 4th time Ive called & no one has called me back in 20 days, to even let me know what is going on with my Vette. I always get the " Hes not here today excuse."
The other day, I had a friend drive me through the lot & service area & I did not even see my Vette there at the dealership.
Just wondering what I should do now? Id sincerely appreciate some insight. Thanks

LaRocca is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 12:45 PM
  #2  
Sconn
CF Senior Member
 
Sconn's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: Washington State
Posts: 825
Thanks: 0
Thanked 263 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Why have you not gone into the service office and asked about it personally? Especially if you were there with a friend?
Sconn is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sconn For This Useful Post:
Art17 (12-20-2018), Avanti (12-15-2018), pkincy (12-22-2018), ZERRY 316 (12-17-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 12:53 PM
  #3  
Donuts
CF Senior Member
 
Donuts's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: Okiehoma
Posts: 6,169
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

I would go and get your car today and find a different dealer that gives a ****. Serious, go get your car.

then, once you're home spend 5 minutes searching the forum and you will find the source of your noises

Last edited by Donuts; 12-15-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Donuts is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Donuts For This Useful Post:
ZERRY 316 (12-17-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 12:56 PM
  #4  
LaRocca
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Sconn View Post
Why have you not gone into the service office and asked about it personally? Especially if you were there with a friend?
Sir, In all sincerity, I figured that I would just get fed some line of BS & by not even seeing my car there anyhow, Im pretty sure I was right. Just saying. Not being a smart a&%
LaRocca is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 01:00 PM
  #5  
LaRocca
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
I would go and get your car today and find a different dealer that gives a ****. Serious, go get your car.
Ok.I will give that a try.
Also...What if its not there & if there is really something wrong with my Vette, would I be possibly doing more damage to it driving it to another dealership? Ive never been through anything like this before. ( sorry for the newbie questions)
LaRocca is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 01:02 PM
  #6  
LaRocca
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Donuts View Post


then, once you're home spend 5 minutes searching the forum and you will find the source of your noises
Isnt that the Dealerships job? I wouldn't know how to fix it even if I knew what the noises were.

LaRocca is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 01:06 PM
  #7  
Sconn
CF Senior Member
 
Sconn's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: Washington State
Posts: 825
Thanks: 0
Thanked 263 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LaRocca View Post
Sir, In all sincerity, I figured that I would just get fed some line of BS & by not even seeing my car there anyhow, Im pretty sure I was right. Just saying. Not being a smart a&%
Your excuse makes no sense. This is YOUR car, correct? They are doing a job FOR YOU? You're acting like a victim when you should be taking charge and getting the answers you are owed as the owner of the car.

I'm confused why you think your car isn't there. Did you check inside the shop? Where would your car be? Do you have the Mychevrolet app? Find where it's at on GPS!
Sconn is online now  
Old 12-15-2018, 01:12 PM
  #8  
Donuts
CF Senior Member
 
Donuts's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: Okiehoma
Posts: 6,169
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LaRocca View Post
Isnt that the Dealerships job? I wouldn't know how to fix it even if I knew what the noises were.
'it's not about you fixing it but gaining the knowledge to instruct the dealer to know what they're looking for. Go get your car. If it's in a service bay and in process leave it with them to finish. In the meantime contact GM customer service to get your case file started.
Donuts is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Donuts For This Useful Post:
Rebel Yell (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 01:16 PM
  #9  
LaRocca
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Sconn View Post
Your excuse makes no sense. This is YOUR car, correct? They are doing a job FOR YOU? You're acting like a victim when you should be taking charge and getting the answers you are owed as the owner of the car.

I'm confused why you think your car isn't there. Did you check inside the shop? Where would your car be? Do you have the Mychevrolet app? Find where it's at on GPS!
Ive called them four seperate times to find out the status of my Vette. I can NOT MAKE them give me answers. As I stated, we drove through the entire DS & service area & my Vette was NOT there. What is so "confusing"?
LaRocca is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 01:18 PM
  #10  
KenHorse
Obama, the worst POS ever
Support Corvetteforum!
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Posts: 100,925
Thanked 598 Times in 398 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18
Default

Originally Posted by LaRocca View Post
Ive called them four seperate times to find out the status of my Vette. I can NOT MAKE them give me answers. As I stated, we drove through the entire DS & service area & my Vette was NOT there. What is so "confusing"?
After they didn't return your call for the 2nd time, I'd have been there, personally demanding to speak to the SM.

Quite honestly, to allow this situation to go on for as long as you have makes me wonder if you're not telling us the whole story.
KenHorse is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to KenHorse For This Useful Post:
Danlor (12-17-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 01:19 PM
  #11  
LaRocca
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Donuts View Post


'it's not about you fixing it but gaining the knowledge to instruct the dealer to know what they're looking for. Go get your car. If it's in a service bay and in process leave it with them to finish. In the meantime contact GM customer service to get your case file started.
When I initially dropped off my Vette, I gave them a detailed description of all noises & they documented all of the noises on the service repair invoice.
LaRocca is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 01:20 PM
  #12  
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor
 
Bill Dearborn's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 1999
Location: Charlotte (formerly Endicott, NY) NC
Posts: 32,430
Thanked 3,110 Times in 2,097 Posts
Default

Are you asking for a status on your car or are you asking to speak to a certain person?

If I call about the status of my car the dealership I go to will answer questions even if the Service Writer responsible isn't available. The other Service Writers will put me on hold for a few minutes while they check with the mechanic or say they will get back to me with an answer.

Your noise description and the length of time involved along with not seeing the car outside may indicate it is inside on a lift waiting for some major parts.

Personally walking in the door and asking for the status of your car is the best way to find out what is going on. If you don't get any answers from the Service Writers/Advisers ask to speak to the Service Manager. Everybody in the shop works for the Service Manager and if that person can't provide an answer you may need to move the car to a different dealership.

Bill
Bill Dearborn is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Dearborn For This Useful Post:
CorvetteBrent (12-16-2018), DWillys (12-15-2018), LaRocca (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 01:21 PM
  #13  
Sconn
CF Senior Member
 
Sconn's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: Washington State
Posts: 825
Thanks: 0
Thanked 263 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
After they didn't return your call for the 2nd time, I'd have been there, personally demanding to speak to the SM.

Quite honestly, to allow this situation to go on for as long as you have makes me wonder if you're not telling us the whole story.
I agree... This story is very odd to me.
Sconn is online now  
Old 12-15-2018, 01:23 PM
  #14  
LaRocca
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
After they didn't return your call for the 2nd time, I'd have been there, personally demanding to speak to the SM.

Quite honestly, to allow this situation to go on for as long as you have makes me wonder if you're not telling us the whole story.
I have NEVER been through anything like this before. This is my first new Corvette. How am I supposed to know how long these matters take hence, why I posted here in the first place? Why wouldn't I be telling the whole story? Are you serious?
LaRocca is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 01:25 PM
  #15  
Sconn
CF Senior Member
 
Sconn's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: Washington State
Posts: 825
Thanks: 0
Thanked 263 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LaRocca View Post
Ive called them four seperate times to find out the status of my Vette. I can NOT MAKE them give me answers. As I stated, we drove through the entire DS & service area & my Vette was NOT there. What is so "confusing"?
Look.. It's your car. If you don't have the ability to get answers from your Dealer, I'm sorry. If you don't have the ability to locate your vehicle, I'm sorry. I've given you a simple way to locate your vehicle without even leaving your couch!

I'm gonna tell you, there's nothing any of us on this forum can do for you either. This seems like a very simple problem to figure out. Go get your freaking car!
​​​​​​
Sconn is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sconn For This Useful Post:
Malum1 (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 01:33 PM
  #16  
Donuts
CF Senior Member
 
Donuts's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: Okiehoma
Posts: 6,169
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Take your extra key fob and goto the dealer and hit alarm button. Best to do it while youíre waiting for service guy to acknowledge your existence . Have some fun with it but if you donít at least pay them a visit youíre simply not serious.
Donuts is online now  
Old 12-15-2018, 01:34 PM
  #17  
LaRocca
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn View Post
Are you asking for a status on your car or are you asking to speak to a certain person?

If I call about the status of my car the dealership I go to will answer questions even if the Service Writer responsible isn't available. The other Service Writers will put me on hold for a few minutes while they check with the mechanic or say they will get back to me with an answer.

Your noise description and the length of time involved along with not seeing the car outside may indicate it is inside on a lift waiting for some major parts.

Personally walking in the door and asking for the status of your car is the best way to find out what is going on. If you don't get any answers from the Service Writers/Advisers ask to speak to the Service Manager. Everybody in the shop works for the Service Manager and if that person can't provide an answer you may need to move the car to a different dealership.

Bill
Thank you, Bill. You answered most of my questions ( without getting weird or accusatory) I sincerely appreciate your help & candor.
LaRocca is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 01:35 PM
  #18  
KenHorse
Obama, the worst POS ever
Support Corvetteforum!
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Posts: 100,925
Thanked 598 Times in 398 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18
Default

Originally Posted by LaRocca View Post
I have NEVER been through anything like this before. This is my first new Corvette. How am I supposed to know how long these matters take hence, why I posted here in the first place? Why wouldn't I be telling the whole story? Are you serious?
Being a Corvette has nothing to do with it.

Failing to return your calls, ESPECIALLY after 4 attempts and 20 days points to a bigger issue. You NEED to go there and DEMAND your concerns be addressed, period
KenHorse is online now  
Old 12-15-2018, 01:45 PM
  #19  
Travelor
CF Senior Member
 
Travelor's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2011
Location: Little Rock AR
Posts: 648
Thanked 42 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Go to the dealership as soon as you can, preferrably today and demand answers - where is it? what is being done?

No matter what the service people tell you, ask to see your car. If they cannot show you your car tell them you are going to the police and report it stolen. AND DO It!!!!!

Last edited by Travelor; 12-15-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Travelor is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 01:48 PM
  #20  
Landru
CF Senior Member
 
Landru's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2002
Location: Wayne Township WI
Posts: 8,403
Thanked 386 Times in 344 Posts
Default

JMHO, have to physically show-up asking WTH's happening.
IF they sent car to a 'specialist', somewhere, you've a right to know why.

Might make use time while waiting.
Begin researching CA's Lemon Law statutes, learn what your rights are.
Most states give specific #s for the same issue and/or a time limit to fix 'a' problem., 4 weeks seems most common. YMMV
A registered GM dealer has your car for the purpose of diagnosing & repairing issue(s) under factory warranty, at no cost to you.
However, dealers have specific timeframes in which to effect repairs too, and yours so far is 3 weeks.
No need to threaten dealer, just be informed a clock's running.

And if they won't answer your calls?
Bet they will once served papers informing 'em car's now their legal property, and their problem.
Landru is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Landru For This Useful Post:
CorvetteBrent (12-16-2018)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Vette has been back at the dealer for 3 weeks. Advice needed.


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: