Sponsored by:

Z51 or 2LT ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 09:45 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,688 Likes on 5,590 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Griffin
What in your opinion make the 2LT that much better of a car? Is it the HUD / 1 extra speaker PDR( only if tracking) Power seats (No one adjust their seat every time they drive their car) or free cargo cover? Don't see mush difference from the 1LT to 2LT other than more issues with electronics 5 years down the road. Now 3LT has the better material (Leather). Please don't suggest the options you prefer as we all have different taste and budgets. The gentlemen ask what would be a better buy a SR or Z51 not what you like and dislike. I have come to notice on this forum everyone wants everyone else to get what they like about a Vett.. I LOVE my 1LT GS. Did you buy your car to resale? If so BAD investment. Who cares about resale. If you are buying to resale your opinion is pointless.

Thanks for letting us get the car of our dreams not the car of your dreams.
I agree, especially the last statement.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:52 AM
Rickybobby571
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

I just sold my C6 Z51, it rode so hard and stiff (i thought my teeth were falling out after long trips, wife didnt like the ride as she has a bad back too). I just bought a 2014 C7 3LT and searched for one without Z51. Found one in Texas and drove it 1100 miles to florida. What a difference! really a nice ride. I would not by a Z51 unless your a track guy.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:53 AM
Michael Griffin
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the reply the fist one you ever posted without pushing your 3LT on us. I see we are making progress in getting you to grow up to be a real MAN. Thanks for the cartoon. So what makes you important NOT YOUR POST? Thanks for showing us who you really are. Maybe you saw this picture in the mirror also.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:55 AM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,954 Likes on 941 Posts

Michael please calm down...its going to be OK...it would have been easier if you just posted this:

I WISH I BOUGHT A 3LT...

Old 12-28-2018, 09:59 AM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,199 Likes on 592 Posts

Thread devolved into a pissing match of models and options when the OP had a basic question and is looking for a "fun car." Far too much bias over which car is best when they are all excellent road cars.

Only way you are going to know if you want a Z51 over a non-Z51 is to test drive them yourself. Everyone else's opinion is just that. An opinion. No two owners drive their cars in exactly the same way and on exactly the same roads and with exactly the same requirements expected of the car.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:17 AM
Michael Griffin
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with you I wish I would have bought your 3LT that way you would have not been on this forum. My 1LT is what I wanted not what you wanted me to get. Sorry I don't take opinions from people who seem to be liberals. Why are you on this site I thought the Government was shut down. Have a wonderful day. I have work to do my 1300 sq ft home needs to be cleaned then I will work on cleaning up my GS 1LT to take my son out for a ride in the car I love. Happy NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:16 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by JDSKY
Thread devolved into a pissing match of models and options when the OP had a basic question and is looking for a "fun car." Far too much bias over which car is best when they are all excellent road cars.

Agreed....thread closed.
The following 2 users liked this post by Steve Garrett:
iw172 (12-28-2018), joemessman (12-28-2018)

Quick Reply: Z51 or 2LT ?