Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much are people paying for Xpel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 08:45 AM
Jetman2017
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going to get my new Corvette, of which I plan on keeping a long time, covered with Expel. After speaking with the Expel office in San Antonio I decided not to have Expel installed. They did say the product had a 10 year guarantee, but did not guarantee that it would not damage the paint when it was removed. That’s a gamble that I didn’t want to find out years from now if it had to be removed.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:37 AM
ZO6 cracker
Drifting

Received 693 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetman2017
I was going to get my new Corvette, of which I plan on keeping a long time, covered with Expel. After speaking with the Expel office in San Antonio I decided not to have Expel installed. They did say the product had a 10 year guarantee, but did not guarantee that it would not damage the paint when it was removed. That’s a gamble that I didn’t want to find out years from now if it had to be removed.
That is definitely a big gamble. I thought the same thing. Spend $5000 for a full body wrap. End up having it removed and possibly a big expense to have your car repainted. Not sure either. After talking to my niece’s fiancé he told me after I was telling him about my new Vette and I wanted to get it wrapped he new some one that had it wrapped and after it was taken off the paint pulled off the car. He was not sure of the wrap that was used.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:02 AM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Clear Bra

Originally Posted by ZO6 cracker
Couple questions guys. See what else everyone is doing. I plan on getting my 2019 black Z06 Xpel wrapped in the spring. I have ACS XL Rockguard on now. Was not planning on wrapping that is why I put them on but changing mine. So with having the whole car wrapped there is no need for the Rockguards or guys still keeping them on. Also if you went with a full wrap did the installer also wrap the front splitter and side skirts? Any info appreciated.
Thank you for considering to wrap your Corvette in XPEL. We would recommend having the side skirts and front splitters wrapped in XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS as well as long as their plastic. We would also recommend leaving on the extra rock guards because you can never have too much protection.

Originally Posted by Jetman2017
Jetman2017,

We're sorry to hear that you changed your mind. While there is technically a chance that when removing film (any brand of film) there is a small chance that paint could be pulled. But that's normally only on cars that have been repainted. Factory painted cars I only know of 2 cases where paint was pulled and they were both Ferrari's. All of that said, if you do remove the film, just use the right techniques of using a steamer and pulling at the correct angle to put as little stress on the adhesive as possible. Pulling paint on factory painted cars is extremely rare.
The following users liked this post:
Jetman2017 (01-29-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 10:25 AM
ZO6 cracker
Drifting

Received 693 Likes on 404 Posts

That’s funny you mentioned about the Ferrari because I remember him saying it was same make. I’m still deciding on the Xpel still in the winter in Pa. If I have it done it won’t be till about April. Question if I do take off the Rockguards do you still see any kind issues with the wrap. I know it is extra protection. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:18 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Stop rock chips

Originally Posted by ZO6 cracker
That’s funny you mentioned about the Ferrari because I remember him saying it was same make. I’m still deciding on the Xpel still in the winter in Pa. If I have it done it won’t be till about April. Question if I do take off the Rockguards do you still see any kind issues with the wrap. I know it is extra protection. Thanks.
A lot of owners choose to wrap during the winter so that the car is ready come springtime. The car is going to sit anyway, so having it done during the winter allows the installer more time with the car to take their time and make sure it's as precise as possible.

I do not see an issue without the rock-guards. We wrap tens of thousands of Corvettes every year with and without the extra rock-guards.

Quick Reply: How much are people paying for Xpel?