Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 MPH on valet video

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 11:21 PM
ZERRY 316
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

Why was your car at the dealership for four weeks? Get a new dealership to service your car.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:22 PM
ZERRY 316
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

Get a new dealer.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:39 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,913 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by fsvoboda
Agree. The speed is an issue for a driver who gets caught but certainly won't hurt a C7. It's more a liability issue for the dealership, and as long as you're not in his face about it, the Service Manager should appreciate being notified.
Look at the picture. This jack wad is passing between a truck and a vehicle towing a trailer, obviously going a lot slower than 92 mph. This puts the car at risk. Then they park it where someone can door ding it, or back into it. Then they leave it outside in the rain. Then they lose the keys. Then they scratch the car. Then they don't reply to calls and emails.

This dealership sounds like nothing but a bunch of monkeys running the place. I would never go back there. That dealership should be deauthorized.

Last edited by Michael A; 01-09-2019 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:27 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 170 Posts

Bless your heart.

All this hand wringing over a visit to the dealer? It's exactly what I would expect from a dealer.

I'm so glad I have a C4 and know how to turn a wrench. GM dealer is the absolute last place I would go. Life is too short for this crap.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:19 PM
stief
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

This is really where we are? Blatant disrespect for people and their property is ok because you should expect it, it wasn't that fast, or its not that big of a deal? Bullshit. It may be only a Chevy and yea its only a car, but its my car. That ive busted my *** for. Apparently some of you silver spoon ***** have forgotten how hard it can be to have and keep nice things. And people wonder why the corvette crowd is stereotyped as ********.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:14 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcho Polo
I am currently discussing with one of the directors of the dealership. I showed him screen shots of the speed, the tech that walked in front of the car as he went into the bakery, and then walking in front of the car with a bag of food as he dropped it off at the internet sales building one block away from the dealership. I then uploaded the videos to onedrive where he could view the whole thing. All he has said is that he apologizes and it will be dealt with. Keep in mind the service manager knows how **** I am about my car and I was assured during the entire four weeks they had the car that only the service manager and another tech were allowed to touch my car, and that it was always kept at a bay next to his office. I went to the dealership during the third week, and found the car had been parked outside in the rain the night before. The service manager couldn't even find the key to the car to move it, said the body shop manager must have had the key. It was supposed to be parked by service managers office inside. Don't know how he let it get out of that spot, in the parking lot, and lose the key if he was taking such good care of the car.

This is the same dealer that I posted about the scratches on my drivers side door. I found three more areas with scratches once I got the car home and washed it this weekend. I spent three hours or so buffing these all out.

The posted speed limit in this particular area was 70mph I believe. It used to be 65, but I have driven here plenty of times and believe it to be 70 now.
I would not be happy either Marcho-the dealership definitely owes you more than an apology imo.��Sorry that happened to you as that isn’t acceptable in any shape of form��

Last edited by AttyVette; 01-13-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:19 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

over the last two years, and two C7's I have had to polish out scratches every time they touch my car. This is the reason that when I take it in, the service manager says he will keep it safe. I wasn't under the assumption it was going to be watched every minute. He just says it will not be moved by just anyone, and it will be kept inside at night with all the other Corvette's. For the most part, he has been a nice guy over the years, but now it's hard to know what was truth and what was BS.
Marcho, you should buy an owl camera imo. Check it out at www.owlcam.com. It stays plugged in the port of your car and send alerts to your cellphone that you can review. If someone steals it, it takes a picture of the thief and send it to your phone. File a police report and see the picture to Owl HQ and they will send u a new one and disable the one stolen. You can then check up on your car at any time and even listen in when they are in your car.

Last edited by AttyVette; 01-13-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:54 PM
BEAR-AvHistory
Drifting

Received 702 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by jefnvk
Hmm, jailed means towed vehicle to an impound lot too. Not that I actually believe 92 in a 70 would get you jailed in nearly any jurisdiction, but I wonder how much the tone would change if the Corvette owner had to go deal with a police impound lot to get their car back.
+22 will be a problem in NC.

Penalty for reckless driving in North Carolina

Exceeding the speed limit by 15 mph is automatically considered reckless driving in this state.
First-time violators may:
  • Be fined up to $1000
  • Be sentenced to up to 60 days of jail time
  • Have their license suspended (based upon a point system)
Violators may also be required to complete a driver improvement course. It’s of note that driving more than 15 mph over the speed limit will result in a suspended license, provided the speed of travel is faster than 55mph

Old 01-13-2019, 09:55 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

You folks all frothing at the mouth about the personal errands thing, need to think a bit more about what you are saying. Many intermittent conditions require significant road test time, which techs are NOT paid to do. So maybe each and every one of you should start paying for road test time, out of your own pockets, especially if the car is under warranty. Fair is fair. Stop expecting people to work for free, and whatever you do, if you are lucky enough to find a competent tech, you better hope he doesn't find out about your foul attitudes toward him, or there's a very good chance he wont ever touch your car again.
The following users liked this post:
Renfield (01-14-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 09:59 PM
stief
Advanced

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader
You folks all frothing at the mouth about the personal errands thing, need to think a bit more about what you are saying. Many intermittent conditions require significant road test time, which techs are NOT paid to do. So maybe each and every one of you should start paying for road test time, out of your own pockets, especially if the car is under warranty. Fair is fair. Stop expecting people to work for free, and whatever you do, if you are lucky enough to find a competent tech, you better hope he doesn't find out about your foul attitudes toward him, or there's a very good chance he wont ever touch your car again.
so they test dive cars off the clock......?
Old 01-13-2019, 10:14 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Originally Posted by stief
so they test dive cars off the clock......?
Flat rate pay scales do not account for proper road test time, which is why so many repair orders are closed with the simple phrase "could not duplicate condition at this time". The true meaning of that phrase is " I'm not spending the proper amount of time on this job, because I'm not working for free".
The following users liked this post:
ZMMMMM (01-15-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 10:19 PM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Received 1,620 Likes on 739 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
2019 C7 of Year Winner (stock)
Former Moderator
Cruise-In I-II-III Veteran

If they need to get bread they can take someone's Malibu, or better yet, their own car!
Old 01-13-2019, 10:23 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

If they need to get bread they can take someone's Malibu, or better yet, their own car!
Maybe and maybe not. It depends on the complaint.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:29 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by stief
This is really where we are? Blatant disrespect for people and their property is ok because you should expect it, it wasn't that fast, or its not that big of a deal? Bullshit. It may be only a Chevy and yea its only a car, but its my car. That ive busted my *** for. Apparently some of you silver spoon ***** have forgotten how hard it can be to have and keep nice things. And people wonder why the corvette crowd is stereotyped as ********.
Blatant disrespect would be burnouts in the parking lot. He was road testing the ******* car for the benefit of the OCD-OP. Your rage is misplaced.

It IS only a Chevy. If the cost of a C7 was too much for you, perhaps you should've considered an older Corvette, as I did. Or maybe you should've budgeted for a vault and full time security team. I don't own a vehicle that I would loose sleep over if someone drives it 92 mph in dry, sunny conditions. Hell, I do that!

I have no doubt C7 owners have a reputation for being ********. My only experience is that they never wave back. Probably a bunch of silver spoon *****.

Bless your heart.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:12 AM
stief
Advanced

Originally Posted by Renfield
Blatant disrespect would be burnouts in the parking lot. He was road testing the ******* car for the benefit of the OCD-OP. Your rage is misplaced.

It IS only a Chevy. If the cost of a C7 was too much for you, perhaps you should've considered an older Corvette, as I did. Or maybe you should've budgeted for a vault and full time security team. I don't own a vehicle that I would loose sleep over if someone drives it 92 mph in dry, sunny conditions. Hell, I do that!

I have no doubt C7 owners have a reputation for being ********. My only experience is that they never wave back. Probably a bunch of silver spoon *****.

Bless your heart.
hell, I do that.
its yours. That's the point.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:42 AM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,935 Likes on 2,422 Posts

Bless your heart.
They always waved back to me. Even in my C5 Z06.

Last edited by Zjoe6; 01-14-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:44 AM
Sconn
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts

Bless your heart.
Wow... Talk about rage...
The following 2 users liked this post by Sconn:
orca1946 (01-15-2019), Woodson (01-14-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To 92 MPH on valet video

Old 01-14-2019, 09:48 AM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Unless you have more than this I don't see anything wrong. So they take the car out on a test drive and happen to stop by some place to pick up some food and then go back to the shop. That is a huge SO WHAT? Don't be one of those people that get bent out of shape over minor items. AND, this is minor very minor.

Bill
A lot is in the details. Test drive with a quick stop along the way, no big deal. Dedicated trip out for food (no test drive), bigger deal. A lot also depends on service manager handling of this, also, I think.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:54 AM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Received 1,620 Likes on 739 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
2019 C7 of Year Winner (stock)
Former Moderator
Cruise-In I-II-III Veteran

I have no doubt C7 owners have a reputation for being ********. My only experience is that they never wave back
Funny, it's the other way around for me, I wave at every Corvette and don't get a wave back from pretty much every generation at some point. Most do wave, but not all.

Originally Posted by Zjoe6

They always waved back to me. Even in my C5 Z06.

Last edited by Marcho Polo; 01-14-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:56 AM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Funny, it's the other way around for me, I wave at every Corvette and don't get a wave back from pretty much every generation at some point. Most do wave, but not all.

At most closing speeds, who has time to crank down a window and wave? That may account for it.
I almost always flash headlights instead.
The following 2 users liked this post by fsvoboda:
joemessman (01-14-2019), orca1946 (01-15-2019)

Quick Reply: 92 MPH on valet video