Sponsored by:

Disappointed to say the least

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 01:39 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiCowboy
When my 19 Z06 hit 480 miles I called the dealer in my area to see about getting the 500 mile oil change done since it would be under the agreement in purchase of car. I called the service rep and he asked why I was wanting an oil change at only 480 miles RED FLAG #1. I explained why and was puzzled why he was not familiar with this fact since the dealership generally has 5-7 Corvettes on the lot. I then asked if they had the pucks to lift or should I bring mine and with the car being lowered and had carbon fiber skirts and front spoiler if there would be an issue. He asked what the pucks were for RED FLAG #2. Next I asked if a Corvette Tech did the work on the change. He said the car is done by the Express Lane but they do a lot of oil changes. RED FLAG #3. Last I asked if they had the new Mobil 1 ESP/Dexos 2 0W-40. He said they had 0W-40 but did not think it was the one I was asking about. Final Red Flag. I had him switch me to parts who informed me they had 15 quarts of 0W-40 ESP/Dexos 2 on hand for $10 a quart. Told him to hold 10 for me and I would drive the 25 miles to get it. Since I have a lift I do all my own oil service and tire work. The only way I could have piece of mind was eat the free oil change and do it myself. I kept the receipts for the filter and oil to verify I had done the work if any issue should come up. The problem the OP has is 100% why I do not trust some inexperienced person (do you think they use an ASE certified mechanic?) to do this.
P.S. I was going to use a torque wrench to tighten the filter but it was going way beyond what I had already tightened by hand as I have done for 50 years and never had a leak or lost a filter.
I am having my oil changes at dealer that sells a fair number of Corvettes and runs an oil change operation set up like a Jiffy-Lube. You drive in over a pit and they do the change while you wait, no lifting needed. Also, you can make an appointment in advance for little or no waiting.

Old 01-18-2019, 02:15 PM
B-Myster
Melting Slicks

Received 171 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by gmarcucio
If the filter was that loose the person that did not tighten it most likely spilled about a pint of oil all over your engine too filling it which contributed to what ended up on you floor!
Was the person wearing a red dress?

Old 01-18-2019, 02:21 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Lmao!!!!

Quick Reply: Disappointed to say the least