Spoiler Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 06:28 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,608 Likes on 6,621 Posts

Originally Posted by RossDowningChevrolet
I ......if you go this route, you will not be able to use the Stage 3 Clear piece as the holes will not align. There is no over-hang on the sides and its looks great. YRMV.
Sounds like a great way to do it without removing the rear bumper!

Regarding adding the clear center section, although I could as I have a Grand Sport with the Stage 2 aero option -- I would not.

First, the spoiler extensions restrict the already fair at best rear visibility in a coupe. Not as bad as a Vert with the top up but close! Adding even a "clear" plastic center would add some distortion to what can be seen.

Second, Tadge (Corvette Chief Engineer) in a post provided the drag numbers for Stage 2 versus Stage 3 options. Stage 3, which essentially adds that large clear section increases drag 25%! It goes from 0.40 to 0.50! Even if tracking where the extra downforce it provides (85% more) would be useful, it would also be logical to remove it when driving on the street!

Old 01-16-2019, 10:24 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

The cars already push hard. You don’t need the bridge on the track. Especially a stingray.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:47 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewayne4608
yeah should be healed by springtime... bought it last week had surgery and only drove it once. c7 on my mind 24/7
The new C7, is a worthy aspiration. I Love mine. Buying it changed my enjoyment of driving. Never thought I'd buy another Corvette in 42 years since my last new one. They (GM) were making cr@p IMO.. The C7 changed all that. LOVE MY C7! ♡♡♡
Old 01-16-2019, 10:51 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

That's a funny plate / rear end..😛😛😛

​​​​​​​
Old 01-16-2019, 11:47 PM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by RossDowningChevrolet
I personally 'cheaped out', bought some rivenuts and the Stage 2 Winglets. Slid the winglets on the respective sides, drilled hole using winglets as a template. Screwed on wing......if you go this route, you will not be able to use the Stage 3 Clear piece as the holes will not align. There is no over-hang on the sides and its looks great. YRMV.

It's nice that the winglets do not stick out past the fenders using this method, but there are a couple cosmetic things to consider. First, and not a big factor, is that the Z51 spoiler is not designed to accommodate winglets so it is not molded is such a way that the winglets are flush along the back when installed as the Z06 spoiler is. Secondly, and more importantly is that the ends of the Z51 spoiler are very sloped unlike the Z06 spoiler. The corners of the winglets are almost vertical and therefor do not fit/match the ends of the Z51 spoiler and leave a space that is not normal and a bit crude IMO. Perhaps you or someone else that has done this mod can post some pictures of this gap to illustrate this fact so others can set their expectations. Thanks

Old 01-17-2019, 03:05 PM
RossDowningChevrolet
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
That's a funny plate / rear end..😛😛😛
Yep, I usually get the jokes from some, but my thought process was that 'phonetically' A-Ni-A-L8-R. Hopefully equals Annihilator. YRMV.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:21 PM
2019Vette
Pro

Received 325 Likes on 154 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified

Hi all, first post from a new comer here, looking for some help with regards to the stage 2 winglets going onto a 2019 Z51 spoiler!. I have tried twice with no luck.

1st time I ordered the GM Z06 winglets, they were never going to work, way too wide! They went back.

2nd time, Ordered some online, and was assured, as the comments on there also agreed that these stage 2 winglets would fit, but they didn’t as you can see below in photos, so they are going back too!

i just got back from a corvette shop and the curve of the winglets was way off, away, from the curve of the spoiler... where have you guys ordered you z51 stage 2 winglets from, as I see many on here with them! All looking great.

thank you!

Quick Reply: Spoiler Question