C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Furman-Criswell & Nick-Plycar, cooler than cool!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 11:51 AM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Received 664 Likes on 522 Posts

Default Furman-Criswell & Nick-Plycar, cooler than cool!

A few months ago we were shopping for a new car out here on the West Coast.

We decided on a 2019 Volvo XC 60 T6 PoleStar AWD SUV.

The only one available in the color combo we wanted was with a Volvo dealer in Eugene, Oregon...... 1,500 miles away from here in Prescott, Arizona.

So, we contacted Mike Furman at Criswell Chevrolet in Maryland to help us through this long distance process.

Mike educated us on how to understand and negotiate around all of the terminology and idiosycracies regarding a lease through Volvo Financial...... Converting the lease money factor number into a real interest rate, dealer doc's fees, aquisition fee, disposition fee, licensing and registration fees, annual mileage dependent residuals, etc. Furman the Facilitator made the Volvo lease process totally transparent and understandable. From Sweden with love, Furman style!

Next up was now how to get the Volvo from there to here.

So, once again we contacted CorvetteFurman. He made one call to his contact in New York at Plycar Enclosed Transport Carriers for the East Coast. They in turn contacted Nick P. in Los Angeles at Plycar West Coast. Within 5 minutes of contacting Mike Furman, I received a call from Nick P. Very knowledgable fellow, had his pick up and delivery schedule at the ready, along with more than competitive pricing. He had all of his trucks tied up the week he called us for the Pebble Beach Car Show, but he would make room for our car the following week. Yikes! I had heard that they were booked months in advance, so Furman comes through again!!! Rarified air, walking on water.

Nick P. was spot on with all communications via email, text, and phone calls. Picked up our calls on the first ring, and emailed/texted back "before the ink was dry". Incredible service. Now I know why Plycar is the exclusive national enclosed transport carrier for Furman at Criswell, BMW North America, Porsche North America, Callaway, and the National Corvette Museum.

Our Volvo arrived as promised within 72 hours in perfect condition. We had a very respectful and conscientious driver for our pickup and delivery.

Nick P. even called about 30 minutes after the car was delivered to us, to make sure that everything was perfect with our new Volvo delivery.

The most incredible part of this journey was that when Nick P. emailed us the first time, we noticed that his last name was "Pliaconis". Yup..... the very same familial name derivative that are the owner/operators of "Plycar"! Now how cool is that!
The following 2 users liked this post by vette4lyn:
Mike Furman@Criswell (01-13-2019), tractman (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 01:25 PM
mdolandese
Melting Slicks

Received 746 Likes on 560 Posts

Great story. I also had a great experience with Mike and Plycar. Some experiences on this forum with Plycar weren't as pleasant. Maybe they where having a bad day, either way Mike is the Man and I believe he has some pull and connections. He definitely took care of me. Good Luck
The following users liked this post:
Mike Furman@Criswell (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 01:41 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

That's amazing. I can't think of another car sales person that would go to that lengths to help someone that was buying a different brand car from another dealership, and sales person. It's unheard of.......Mike's the man for sure.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rebel Yell:
Mike Furman@Criswell (01-13-2019), tractman (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 03:41 PM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Default Logistics of Enclosed Transport Carriers

Originally Posted by mdolandese
Great story. I also had a great experience with Mike and Plycar. Some experiences on this forum with Plycar weren't as pleasant. Maybe they where having a bad day, either way Mike is the Man and I believe he has some pull and connections. He definitely took care of me. Good Luck
To be sure, the logistics of scheduling Auto Transports is a mine field fraught with many issues...... driver availability, weather, difficult car owners, truck maintenance, highway and surface street holdups, etc.

Plycar definitely did it for us. Totally transparent and seamless. No issues, and ahead of schedule.

Maybe Furman should just put on a Plycar hat at Criswell and schedule transports for his own customers! Heck, he basically does that now. He certainly has the golden touch for his customers...... sales, delivery, transport.

Last edited by vette4lyn; 01-13-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:56 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,704 Likes on 2,995 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Sounds like you owe Mike a huge thank you for sure!
Old 01-13-2019, 05:09 PM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
That's amazing. I can't think of another car sales person that would go to that lengths to help someone that was buying a different brand car from another dealership, and sales person. It's unheard of.......Mike's the man for sure.
Yup, a lot of time and effort on Mike’s part.

Not a dime made for Furman/Criswell either.

One of a kind, this Mike Furman.

Like Bon Jovi sang in Wanted Dead or Alive......”I’ve seen a million faces and rocked them all”.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:13 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

That is the same Mike Furman I know. When the C7’s first came out, someone trying to run wires front the battery forward, lifted and broke his sill plates (his three week owned Corvette he had bought from his local dealer thousands of miles west of Criswell). This new owner person was heartsick, especially as his local Chevy dealer told him it was such a new car that he could not get a replacement sill plate for at least a month.

Mike went to the parts counter of Criswell, bought one out of his wallet, and had it shipped to the broken-hearted customer within two hours. And being Mike, he refused a penny in return. One super ecstatic C7 customer!

All thanks to Mike
Old 01-13-2019, 06:16 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

I certainly have had numerous experiences with Mike and have sent many friends as well to Mike...every experience is TOP NOTCH...he never disappoints and makes every transaction seamless...

As for Plycar based on Mikes feedback I sent a friend or mine to them to send his Vette from NY to FL...he was thrilled with their service...

Cant get much better than Mike and it sounds like Plycar as well!
Old 01-13-2019, 06:17 PM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Default Furman and Plycar

Originally Posted by Nyvetteguy007
I certainly have had numerous experiences with Mike and have sent many friends as well to Mike...every experience is TOP NOTCH...he never disappoints and makes every transaction seamless...

As for Plycar based on Mikes feedback I sent a friend or mine to them to send his Vette from NY to FL...he was thrilled with their service...

Cant get much better than Mike and it sounds like Plycar as well!

Agreed!
Old 01-13-2019, 06:22 PM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Default Many thanks have come Mike’s way

Originally Posted by 449er
Sounds like you owe Mike a huge thank you for sure!

Have also referred many customers Mike’s way for years now.

One day we hope to be on the customer end of a Corvette transaction personally with Mike!!!
Old 01-13-2019, 06:24 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,512 Likes on 2,317 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

That's how Mike works! No one better in my opinion! Congrats!
Old 01-13-2019, 06:28 PM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Default Yessiree

Originally Posted by elegant
That is the same Mike Furman I know. When the C7’s first came out, someone trying to run wires front the battery forward, lifted and broke his sill plates (his three week owned Corvette he had bought from his local dealer thousands of miles west of Criswell). This new owner person was heartsick, especially as his local Chevy dealer told him it was such a new car that he could not get a replacement sill plate for at least a month.

Mike went to the parts counter of Criswell, bought one out of his wallet, and had it shipped to the broken-hearted customer within two hours. And being Mike, he refused a penny in return. One super ecstatic C7 customer!

All thanks to Mike
Another reason why so many refer to the Chevrolet dealership in Gaithersburg, Maryland where Mike works as......

”Furman-Criswell”!!!
Old 01-13-2019, 06:53 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

I was glad to assist you in your plight to get the vehicle you wanted. I knew you needed help navigating the minefield of purchasing/leasing a vehicle on the West Coast. You two have sent me countless referrals over the years which I truly appreciate. Enjoy the new Volvo and I hope to assist you with a Corvette purchase one of these days.

Mike Furman
www.corvettefurman.com
Old 01-13-2019, 07:06 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by vette4lyn

Another reason why so many refer to the Chevrolet dealership in Gaithersburg, Maryland where Mike works as......

”Furman-Criswell”!!!
When referring please make sure they ask for me as there are 35 sales reps on the showroom floor.

Mike Furman
301-212-4420
mfurman@criswellauto.com
www.corvetefurman.com
Old 01-13-2019, 09:31 PM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Default Mike and Tony

Originally Posted by Mike Furman@Criswell
I was glad to assist you in your plight to get the vehicle you wanted. I knew you needed help navigating the minefield of purchasing/leasing a vehicle on the West Coast. You two have sent me countless referrals over the years which I truly appreciate. Enjoy the new Volvo and I hope to assist you with a Corvette purchase one of these days.

Mike Furman
www.corvettefurman.com
And you know we will!!!

BTW, on Mecum Kissimmee auction tonight, a 1963 ZO6 fastback coupe just sold for $360K. Black on red. Obviously fully restored, numbers matching. Has won all NCRS awards and the Duntov judging award.

The commentators mentioned that the coupe was the only body style offered originally, but late in production they offered the convertible. Your neighbor and decades long close friend, Tony, owner of Tony’s Corvette Shop in Maryland, owns the only
one ever produced...... and is pictured in your weekly sales and delivery CF thread this week.

Last edited by vette4lyn; 01-13-2019 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:27 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,274 Likes on 13,957 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

That is great customer service, not only by Mike but by the transport company as well.
Mike Furman@Criswell (01-14-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 08:43 AM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Default The Furman Factor

Totally agree, especially since Mike performed the hand holding from 3,000 miles away.

Just wish that the Volvo dealer knew 10% of what Mike did about THEIR Volvo dealership.
Mike Furman@Criswell (01-14-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Furman-Criswell & Nick-Plycar, cooler than cool!

Quick Reply: Furman-Criswell & Nick-Plycar, cooler than cool!