Sponsored by:

Major rear end rattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 07:59 PM
lcbiiimd
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Major rear end rattle

As some of you know, I had my car (2014 z51 stingray couple 3lt) in a local Chevy dealership for 69 days for them to rebuild the A6 transmission - the sordid tale is under 2014 A6 transmission issueon a number of pages back. In the three weeks since I got the car back I am hearing a worsening rattle/creak (sounds like paper being wadded up) coming from the back end that seems to shift when I corner. It seems to be getting louder. There is nothing in the bins in the back or under the hatch I can see and the sound was not present before my transmission failed on Halloween. The pics below show how my car looked at one point recently while at the dealer. I had a terrible experience with this service department (and not surprisingly have yet to get a survey about my experience) and I am loathe to bring the car back to them but I reckon this rattle has something to do with the repair. My question is since this was a warranty repair, do I have to use the same dealership to look at this since it is their work?

Old 01-21-2019, 10:02 PM
LarryFL
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 101 Posts

You don't have to take it back to same. Every dealer is responsible for fixing another Chevy dealer's shoddy work, since it was and still is under warranty. .
Old 01-21-2019, 10:56 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

How nice have you been dealing with the service department? It’s kinda like pissing off your waiter before you get your food, you know they are going to leave you a “SURPRISE”:. So maybe they left you a little ‘sumppin” for grins. But I don’t believe I could handle well what you’ve been thru either.

Last edited by madrob2020; 01-21-2019 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:39 AM
lcbiiimd
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 69 Posts

I was wondering the same thing because they are aware that I found their service to be under what I would consider reasonable performance. That being said, if this is the case, then I think I would bring it back to them to fix it as opposed to wasting another innocent service shop's time. May just be something wasn't tightened down.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:25 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by lcbiiimd
I was wondering the same thing because they are aware that I found their service to be under what I would consider reasonable performance. That being said, if this is the case, then I think I would bring it back to them to fix it as opposed to wasting another innocent service shop's time. May just be something wasn't tightened down.
That is my thought also. And, like you I would take it back to the same dealer. At least you won't have to go into a long back story to get them up to date on the car. Good luck, I hope it's a quick, and fix.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 01-22-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Major rear end rattle

Quick Reply: Major rear end rattle