Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shopping for a used C7 - have mag ride questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 03:41 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

The RPO sticker will provide the best information about how the car was equipped at the factory. It can be found under the carpet in the rear compartment. Lift carpet over the battery location at the right rear and then peel forward to expose the sticker which is more to the center near the rear electrical center with all of the fuses. FE4 represents the MRC ride option on the Stingray but not on the Z06 and I believe the GS: Here is the sticker from my 15 Z06/Z07:

My sticker doesn't show FE4 since the Z07's FE7 suspension includes MRC so you only see FE7. The base level Z06 has the FE6 suspension so you would only see FE6 on it's RPO sticker.

Bill
Old 01-28-2019, 08:51 AM
bluegoatee05
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 26 Posts

Absolutely. I actually like the way that it rides. If you read enough posts here, people will make you believe that if you have a Z51 without mag ride, then you are going to break your teeth when you run over the smallest crack in the road. Not true at all. Is it a little rougher than the base Stingray, sure, but it is still a nice driving car. Definitely don't rule out the non mag ride cars just because they don't have it. I would personally have a Z51 non mag ride over a base Stingray with mag ride, but that is my opinion.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:45 AM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,935 Likes on 2,422 Posts

Originally Posted by bluegoatee05
Absolutely. I actually like the way that it rides. If you read enough posts here, people will make you believe that if you have a Z51 without mag ride, then you are going to break your teeth when you run over the smallest crack in the road. Not true at all. Is it a little rougher than the base Stingray, sure, but it is still a nice driving car. Definitely don't rule out the non mag ride cars just because they don't have it. I would personally have a Z51 non mag ride over a base Stingray with mag ride, but that is my opinion.
Yeah I have seen these funny posts you referred to. My 2004 z06 would be a good example of a "rough ride" to them. To me it's pure heaven. The mag ride is awesome though. Not complaining at all. If I happen onto a rough road I just flip it to tour until I'm clear. Then back to sport, or even track if its new pavement.

Last edited by Zjoe6; 01-28-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Shopping for a used C7 - have mag ride questions