Mid-Ohio IMSA Car Coral

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 02:21 PM
yokennyr
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Corvette Coral Mid-Ohio IMSA

Hi all!
I go to VIR every year, but I’m looking to visit another track this year. Mid-Ohio is the closest for me and the dates work.
What do I need to know for a first-timer there?
What tickets are best?
Will there be a Corvette car coral? When will those tickets be available?
Im thinking of camping to save money. My wife won’t want to camp so I’ll probably be solo.
Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by yokennyr; 01-26-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:54 PM
Cubby558
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19-'20-'21

I’m a new Corvette owner, but have been to Mid-Ohio several times. Didn’t see a Corvette corral there last year, so we took the CTS-V and did the Cadillac corral package. Already have a hotel for this year, but waiting to see if there is a Corvette corral this year before buying tickets. Also doing Sebring and Road America with the Z06 this year! Looking forward to this year IMSA series.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:02 PM
yokennyr
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cubby558
I’m a new Corvette owner, but have been to Mid-Ohio several times. Didn’t see a Corvette corral there last year, so we took the CTS-V and did the Cadillac corral package. Already have a hotel for this year, but waiting to see if there is a Corvette corral this year before buying tickets. Also doing Sebring and Road America with the Z06 this year! Looking forward to this year IMSA series.
Having been there, any tips you can offer for a first timer?
Old 01-27-2019, 04:49 PM
Cubby558
Instructor

For several years, we traveled with other Midwest people who also owned Cadillac XLR’s and a member of our group was able to book a car corral for us. We mostly followed the Corvette Racing team, but there were a few years that the PWC was there as well and we cheered on the Cadillac CTS-VR’s of Johnny O’Connell and Andy Pilgtim. Once Cadillac dropped out of PWC and IMSA was no longer going to Mid-Ohio we stopped going. Last year we went back when IMSA returned and signed up with Cadillac car corral and hospitality. We normally stay around the turn 5 area (the Esses) as most of the manufacturers displays are close by and most of the food vendors are in that location as well. The are a lot of great spots and the track is pretty easy to walk to any spot. We’ve never camped out, so I can’t help there, but I do know there are shower houses in the camp area. I’ve checked their site a few times, but haven’t seen any car corrals list yet. I also get notified from Cadillac if they are having events at tracks we go to, so it will depend on Cadillac or Corvette on who is having a corral to determine what car we bring, the CTS-V or the Z06.

Here a pic from last year with Jordan Taylor and Renger van der Zande of Wayne Taylor Racing in the Cadillac hospitality area.

Originally Posted by yokennyr

Having been there, any tips you can offer for a first timer?
Old 01-28-2019, 07:06 AM
yokennyr
Instructor

Thanks Cubby558!
Maybe I’ll see you there this year!
The following users liked this post:
Cubby558 (01-28-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 07:59 PM
Cubby558
Instructor

Sure thing, I’ll keep an eye out for your Blade Silver Stingray. We may be in our Blade Silver Z06!

Get notified of new replies

To Mid-Ohio IMSA Car Coral

Quick Reply: Mid-Ohio IMSA Car Coral