Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EOS splitter

Old 02-10-2019, 11:16 PM
carriccp
Burning Brakes

Received 603 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by LuisZ51
I finally got everything installed today. The side skirts weren't bad at all. The front splitter was a different story. After a lot of cussing and adjusting the holes I got the fitment right. The winglets don't rub on either side now. The pre-drilled holes in the splitter still don't line up perfectly to the factory bumper holes but it's on there now.
Post pics when you get a chance!
Old 02-11-2019, 06:00 AM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 404 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Dundon929
Was going to do this mod tomorrow evening...did you just screw the winglets to the splitter? Looks like there are small indentions where the screws would go.
I haven't installed the winglets yet because my splitter didn't even come with screws for them. Going to look for some black ones that are long enough today. Consider yourself lucky that yours even came with the indentions. Mine did not. I'll get some pics as soon as I can get home before dark.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:07 AM
krwunlv
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 62 Posts

I haven't installed the winglets yet because my splitter didn't even come with screws for them. Going to look for some black ones that are long enough today. Consider yourself lucky that yours even came with the indentions. Mine did not. I'll get some pics as soon as I can get home before dark.
I ordered the same from them, but in carbon fiber and stage 3 winglets. I put the winglets on to help line it up as others suggested and drilled holes. They were off a bit, no big deal as all I did was widen them a bit and use washers to increase the surface area which is never a bad thing. All in all, for less than $400 for a CF splitter I am bound to break, crack, chip etc wasn't bad having to drill my own holes. I am happy with the @ExtremeOnlineStore purchase and will buy from them again when I mess this one up beyond repair.

I am waiting for them to make one for the C7 GS/Z06 that has a more pronounced lip like the ZR1. Someone has to have one in the works out there.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:28 AM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Received 601 Likes on 318 Posts

I finally got everything installed today. The side skirts weren't bad at all. The front splitter was a different story. After a lot of cussing and adjusting the holes I got the fitment right. The winglets don't rub on either side now. The pre-drilled holes in the splitter still don't line up perfectly to the factory bumper holes but it's on there now.
I'm glad you got it all lined up and were able to make use of the winglets. The two sided 3M tape will hold them on fine if you don't want to drill them or Home Depot has the black bolts you would need to bolt them on. They come in a package of two and have a hex key head on them.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:07 AM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gmarcucio
I'm glad you got it all lined up and were able to make use of the winglets. The two sided 3M tape will hold them on fine if you don't want to drill them or Home Depot has the black bolts you would need to bolt them on. They come in a package of two and have a hex key head on them.
I don't trust that two sided tape, LOL. Thanks for the heads up on Home Depot. I have to go there anyways today to get some AC filters for the house.

Do you guys think rivets are a must for the front splitter? Would it be fine with the self tapping screws and some washers that are included with it?

Last edited by LuisZ51; 02-11-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Dundon929
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

I saw somewhere on here last night were someone spec’d out the same bolts that look exactly like the ones on the rear spoiler. I’ll see if I can find it...he even was nice enough to put the UPC codes on there from Ace Hardware, Including the small rubber washers and the nylon nuts.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Dundon929
Instructor

FYREANT POSTED....

In order to install the small side “wings” you’ll need to go to the hardware store for a few things as these ship pre-drilled, but without hardware. Specifically, what you will need is:

• 4 black bolts, M6-1.00 x 30
• 8 black neoprene (rubber) washers - ¼” ID / ½” OD
• 4 (any color) stop nuts (nylon insert type) M6-1.00 pitch

I got all my hardware at Ace Hardware to the tune of about $10.00. Here is the actual barcodes you are looking for if you go to Ace Hardware.
The following users liked this post:
kevstaarr (02-03-2020)
Old 02-11-2019, 12:11 PM
Dundon929
Instructor

[img]blob:https://www.corvetteforum.com/517abdc5-18be-46bc-80d9-9d79090f6cfb[/img]
Old 02-11-2019, 12:41 PM
krwunlv
Racer

Extreme Online Store front splitter/winglets

Don't use rivets, you will have to drill them out later when you scrape this one up and have to replace it. If you can get close to the factory holes, try that then elongate the holes as necessary. I wouldn't trust the tape by itself either, but it does help hold it in place if there is wiggle in the holes. Once its in place, use the screws and washers to reduce the gap created by the tape to a minimum pulling it to the user side of the bumper. As I said, I am happy with mine from @ExtremeOnlineStore once I got it installed.

Last edited by krwunlv; 02-11-2019 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Fat Fingers
Old 02-11-2019, 02:06 PM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by krwunlv

Extreme Online Store front splitter/winglets

Don't use rivets, you will have to drill them out later when you scrape this one up and have to replace it. If you can get close to the factory holes, try that then elongate the holes as necessary. I wouldn't trust the tape by itself either, but it does help hold it in place if there is wiggle in the holes. Once its in place, use the screws and washers to reduce the gap created by the tape to a minimum pulling it to the user side of the bumper. As I said, I am happy with mine from @ExtremeOnlineStore once I got it installed.
Yes I did as you said and elongated the pre-drilled holes. Right now it's only being held by the screws that are already in the bumper under the vehicle. My question is on the secondary holes further up towards the front of the bumper. Whether to use rivets or the self tapping screws and washers they provided?
Old 02-11-2019, 02:22 PM
krwunlv
Racer

Yes I did as you said and elongated the pre-drilled holes. Right now it's only being held by the screws that are already in the bumper under the vehicle. My question is on the secondary holes further up towards the front of the bumper. Whether to use rivets or the self tapping screws and washers they provided?
Personally, I used the self tapping. They had a nice "bite" to them and coupled with a washer, it pulled it together nicely. You can always go back and back them out and rivet them later should you see a need. However, mine have been holding just fine. Pics of the new look?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:39 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Also I believe on each end of the splitter you have room to get your hand up in to put a nut on a regular screw for a little added security on each end and use the self tapping screws in between.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:52 PM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

Also I believe on each end of the splitter you have room to get your hand up in to put a nut on a regular screw for a little added security on each end and use the self tapping screws in between.
I'm still trying to figure out how the hell to jack this thing up to drill the holes? Lowered on stock bolts with ground effects is a no go.
And I checked every single hardware store and nobody has any bolts in black that I can use. Ended up with some black allen heads. Not sure how that's gonna look.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:57 PM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

I don't hate the bolts as much as I thought I would. Pics to come soon.

Last edited by LuisZ51; 02-14-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:33 PM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

Finally some pics!

Last edited by LuisZ51; 02-14-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:36 PM
krwunlv
Racer

Changes the look of the car entirely. Nice work!
Old 02-13-2019, 08:07 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Looks really nice! I so wish I aligned that splitter up with the winglets mounted on it! I'm seriously thinking about trying to pull mine back off and reinstalling it so that both winglets will fit correctly. If I do I'll let everyone know just how strong that two sided 3M tape is!

Get notified of new replies

To EOS splitter

Old 02-13-2019, 08:13 PM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by krwunlv
Changes the look of the car entirely. Nice work!
You are correct. I couldn't believe how much difference it makes.
Looks really nice! I so wish I aligned that splitter up with the winglets mounted on it! I'm seriously thinking about trying to pull mine back off and reinstalling it so that both winglets will fit correctly. If I do I'll let everyone know just how strong that two sided 3M tape is!
Be careful cuz I've had that tape pull paint off. If you do it use a heat gun to soften it first. The only thing i had to do to mine was make the holes a tad bigger to allow for the adjustment. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:54 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Did you add the Z51 decals to your side vents or is that factory installed?
Old 02-13-2019, 09:08 PM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

Did you add the Z51 decals to your side vents or is that factory installed?
Yes I installed those. I removed the stingray emblems and added the Z51.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EOS splitter