Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the Corvette a drug?

Old 02-11-2019, 11:34 AM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,966 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Default Is the Corvette a drug?

Sincerely. I have to wonder. Living in the Midwest, at this point in the Winter when Fall is so far in the rear view mirror I can't remember what it was like to drive my C7 on a daily basis, and Spring seems so far away I am going through semi-depressed withdrawal. BIG TIME!

I do NOT have an addictive personality, no trouble with drugs, alcohol, etc. I bought my first Vette in 2004, so this is my 14th or 15th Winter...and it seems to get worse every year. Sadly, due to my business, and kids in school, moving is not an option anytime soon...and I do enjoy the seasons. Just miss driving my Corvette.

This year, I have Spring Mountain to look forward to later this month, but that is an anomaly. Anyone else? What do you do to "tie you over"?

The following 2 users liked this post by Big Lebowski:
Art17 (02-24-2019), pdpratt (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 11:37 AM
redman76
Melting Slicks

Received 347 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Watch my Spring Mountain videos over and over . . .
The following 2 users liked this post by redman76:
Art17 (02-24-2019), Big Lebowski (02-12-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 11:39 AM
Deepdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 429 Likes on 250 Posts

Corvette is not a drug. You're just experiencing SAD.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20364651
Old 02-11-2019, 12:01 PM
blueray16
Burning Brakes

Received 471 Likes on 279 Posts

Your Corvette is not a drug...

It's therapy!
Old 02-11-2019, 12:09 PM
FLEXjs
Le Mans Master

Received 661 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski
What do you do to "tie you over"?
I am Jonesing hard to drive mine too, mainly because I only just got it in November and it's been in storage since, for the most part. I brought it to the office twice and took each of my kids for a drive in it.

I spend a lot of time looking for stuff to buy for it. I literally bought wax for it yesterday (thanks to a thread on here) from Amazon even though I am sure I have tons of wax in the garage already and I won't be waxing it for a couple of months at least. LOL.

Helps that I love my DD as much as the Vette though....not like I am driving around in a beater during the winter...
Old 02-11-2019, 12:09 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,917 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Our winters are generally mild enough that it is rare to have to go 3-4 solid months without being able to drive our fun cars, they can usually come out a few times every month. So I really haven't suffered from that super long withdrawl period that a lot of people have to endure. But I'm still looking forward to spending my winters in Florida in a few short years, and the C7 will be coming with us so there will be zero downtime in the winter from that moment on.

This winter started out nice and I was able to drive 500 miles in December and another 100 in the first couple of weeks of January but I last drove it on January 12th and then we've been hit with all kinds of snow and ice (and another massive storm is coming tomorrow) so it'll probably be a while before I can take it out again. I figure I will have to leave it in the garage at least another solid 3-4 weeks. It sucks
Old 02-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Fogboundturtle
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 81 Posts

I play Forza Horizon 4 when I cannot drive my Vette.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Demnos
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 113 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

I consider missing driving my Corvette as a sub-category of Seasonal Affective Disorder. They don't make a sunshine light for that though unless you count moving to a sunny climate hehe. Btw, I am glad I am not the only one that watches my Spring Mountain videos to get my fix
Old 02-11-2019, 01:21 PM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,443 Likes on 753 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Living in the Chicago area, I am getting real antsy being I only got drive my 19 about a month before winter set in. I too have Spring Mountain to look forward to next week!
Old 02-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

I do understand, and living in the south I do expect it's very hard to put a Corvette in storage for the winter. After owning Corvettes for over 30 years for me it's more like a genetic defect instead of a drug addiction. I can buy another type of sports car, but I keep buying Corvettes. So, there's has to be a floating defective gene somewhere for me to do something like that.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 02-11-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:30 PM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

If its a drug I want to OD.
The following 2 users liked this post by GARYFINN:
Big Lebowski (02-11-2019), blkvet6 (02-14-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 01:40 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,436 Likes on 2,057 Posts

I'm so addicted and hooked that I had to take my car and this 80 pound monkey on my back down to Arizona to live where I can drive it all year! In Portland the streets were wet for 6 month out of the year and I couldn't get proper traction. I have to be driving this SOB the way it's meant to be driven. I can do that now.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:44 PM
FLEXjs
Le Mans Master

Received 661 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by joemessman
I'm so addicted and hooked that I had to take my car and this 80 pound monkey on my back down to Arizona to live where I can drive it all year! In Portland the streets were wet for 6 month out of the year and I couldn't get proper traction. I have to be driving this SOB the way it's meant to be driven. I can do that now.
Wait you don't store it during the summer there?

There was a dude on this forum recently said that people who live in Arizona store their sports cars in the summer!
Old 02-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Panth3r
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I've been stacking Mods in the room off the garage. Walking by the pile gives me a smile but that's gonna flip on me and start to drive me crazy in another month or so...

Winter Mods waiting for install:
Wheels/tires
CF side skirts
Custom bumper
custom hatch
Amer.Flag side window vinyl
The following users liked this post:
spinkick (02-24-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 02:20 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,751 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Dave, I saw a cute Facebook post....I don't remember the picture associated with it, but it said, "During Winter storage, I wonder if my Corvette thinks about me too."
The following 2 users liked this post by Steve Garrett:
kenownr (02-13-2019), Rebel Yell (02-12-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 02:47 PM
tarepas
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 54 Posts

WHAT!! You never heard about snow tires?
Old 02-11-2019, 02:56 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by redman76
Watch my Spring Mountain videos over and over . . .
Excellent idea. I already cruise online videos of Corvettes, but this somehow digresses into Russian dash cam crashes...and I digress.

Originally Posted by Deepdiver
Corvette is not a drug. You're just experiencing SAD.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20364651
Gratefully, no on all symptoms...well, except maybe carb loading and weight gain.

Originally Posted by Patman
Our winters are generally mild enough that it is rare to have to go 3-4 solid months without being able to drive our fun cars, they can usually come out a few times every month. So I really haven't suffered from that super long withdrawl period that a lot of people have to endure. But I'm still looking forward to spending my winters in Florida in a few short years, and the C7 will be coming with us so there will be zero downtime in the winter from that moment on. This winter started out nice and I was able to drive 500 miles in December and another 100 in the first couple of weeks of January but I last drove it on January 12th and then we've been hit with all kinds of snow and ice (and another massive storm is coming tomorrow) so it'll probably be a while before I can take it out again. I figure I will have to leave it in the garage at least another solid 3-4 weeks. It sucks
Ok, I had to look up [color]Oakville Ontario and you are a bit North of me (Chicago) and in what I think of as the Lake Effect snow belt...maybe I need to lower my standards for what constitutes a driveable day.[/color]

Originally Posted by Fogboundturtle
I play Forza Horizon 4 when I cannot drive my Vette.
Brilliant! I actually haven't played in a while. Need to break that one out.

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
I do understand, and living in the south I do expect it's very hard to put a Corvette in storage for the winter. After owning Corvettes for over 30 years for me it's more like a genetic defect instead of a drug addiction. I can buy another type of sports car, but I keep buying Corvettes. So, there's has to be a floating defective gene somewhere for me to do something like that.
Ha ha, I'm using this the next time I buy a new Corvette and my wife threatens disowning me (she doesn't really mean it though).

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Dave, I saw a cute Facebook post....I don't remember the picture associated with it, but it said, "During Winter storage, I wonder if my Corvette thinks about me too."
Exactly! Love it.
The following 4 users liked this post by Big Lebowski:
FunDriver (02-23-2019), kenownr (02-13-2019), Rebel Yell (02-12-2019), Steve Garrett (02-11-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Is the Corvette a drug?

Old 02-11-2019, 03:16 PM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Drugstore out of stock and there is no generic for this drug.....

restocking will I’ll take place in April
The following users liked this post:
Big Lebowski (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 03:19 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,917 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski

Ok, I had to look up Oakville Ontario and you are a bit North of me (Chicago) and in what I think of as the Lake Effect snow belt...maybe I need to lower my standards for what constitutes a driveable day.

We actually aren't in what's considered the snow belt here in Oakville, because we are just to the north of Lake Ontario. The snow belt here is the area just to the east of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay plus Western NY also has bad lake effect snow from being to the east of Lake Erie. Because we are just to the north of Lake Ontario we are actually protected from a lot of the big snow storms, it'll often be a bit warmer and just fall as rain, or otherwise the major snow will fall an hour to the north of us and we'll often get little to nothing. This year has been the exception, we seem to keep getting bombarded with one big storm after the other
Old 02-11-2019, 04:22 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Patman
We actually aren't in what's considered the snow belt here in Oakville, because we are just to the north of Lake Ontario. The snow belt here is the area just to the east of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay plus Western NY also has bad lake effect snow from being to the east of Lake Erie. Because we are just to the north of Lake Ontario we are actually protected from a lot of the big snow storms, it'll often be a bit warmer and just fall as rain, or otherwise the major snow will fall an hour to the north of us and we'll often get little to nothing. This year has been the exception, we seem to keep getting bombarded with one big storm after the other
Ditto! Not to mention that obscene Polar Vortex outbreak a few weeks ago. That was nuts listening to my house creak and pop like a submarine taken to crush depth.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is the Corvette a drug?