Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad dealership experience

Old 03-05-2019, 12:35 AM
Bondojohn
CF Senior Member

Liked 34 Times in 30 Posts

Originally Posted by I Fly Low View Post
So what your saying is a bad purchase experience, not a bad dealer experience. Big difference.
Bad purchase experience and Bad Dealership experience!!
Old 03-05-2019, 12:41 AM
Bondojohn
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader View Post
No kidding.
Every so often you have to fire one of your customers.
Yes,,someone that bought two $90,000 cars and spent about another $100,000 in service and gave two $200 presents to the bosses. Makes allot of sense!!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Bondojohn:
PobreWey (03-05-2019), restructor (03-08-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 12:45 AM
PobreWey
CF Senior Member

Liked 85 Times in 52 Posts

I double dare you to ask for those gifts back! Put your money into stocks Johnny. Buy the dip. You're buying too many Vettes like a wild man.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:56 AM
Katie22
CF Senior Member

Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts

Used to own a 16 and 06 Corvette. I found the dealers were so troublesome to test drive a Z06 when I was looking to buy one. I gave up and went to Mercedes Benz and over time ended up with TWO Mercedes and NO Corvettes......... The dealers let you test drive a Mercedes and that was all it took.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:59 AM
pokerpro
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 189 Times in 133 Posts
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

[QUOTE=Bondojohn;1598988621]Sorry everyone. I need to clarify something. There were actually several holes in the paint that went down to the metal. . I was in the automotive repair industry including body repairs for many years...

You say there were holes in the paint that went down to the metal.... I thought these cars were made out of fiberglass? I bring this up because you also say you were in the automotive & body repair industry.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:08 AM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

Liked 772 Times in 597 Posts

Originally Posted by Bondojohn View Post
Yes,,someone that bought two $90,000 cars and spent about another $100,000 in service and gave two $200 presents to the bosses. Makes allot of sense!!!!
Like it or not sometimes you have to fire a customer. A business will never make money on every single transaction its involved in, but when its guaranteed to lose money on a certain customer, through no fault of their own, then its time to send them elsewhere.
The following users liked this post: PatternDayTrader
jefnvk (03-05-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 07:28 AM
Bondojohn
CF Senior Member

[QUOTE=pokerpro;1598989286]
Originally Posted by Bondojohn View Post
Sorry everyone. I need to clarify something. There were actually several holes in the paint that went down to the metal. . I was in the automotive repair industry including body repairs for many years...

You say there were holes in the paint that went down to the metal.... I thought these cars were made out of fiberglass? I bring this up because you also say you were in the automotive & body repair industry.
Sorry. I meant down to the fiberglass. Actually itís not fiberglass. I believe itís a composition plastic. Iím so use to working on metaI cars I forget isnít not metal.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:33 AM
449er
CF Senior Member

Liked 295 Times in 251 Posts

The mistake made here was the dealer ordering you a new car after you said you would not accept it unless it was perfect. They knew your history & should have known that no matter what was delivered, it wasn't going to be good enough
The following users liked this post: 449er
WKM (03-05-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 07:38 AM
kenownr
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 215 Times in 165 Posts

Old 03-05-2019, 07:43 AM
Jackie Chan
CF Senior Member

Liked 79 Times in 50 Posts

Like quite a few complaints about any business, this story stinks of omission and sounds contrived to make the customer appear to be a complete victim without any part in it. I'm sure the story has some validity but is tarnished IMO.

yes I work at a car dealership.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:42 AM
ls777z
CF Senior Member

Liked 45 Times in 40 Posts

Maybe the next time you should consider buying a car off the lot. That way you can see what you're buying and under no obligation to buy if it isn't acceptable.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:07 AM
Elk
CF Senior Member

Liked 73 Times in 59 Posts

Excellent suggestion.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:34 AM
MikeERWNC
CF Senior Member

Liked 203 Times in 147 Posts

90,000 dollar car and goes back for the free car wash...
As we all know the minimum wage guy in the back washing cars really cares about the way he washes your car.
It sounds more like you are a blowhard without any friends going to the dealership to get some recognition for wasting too much money on a plastic car which you will never use.

You need a hug, sweetie. I really feel for you...

Good going on the dealership side. Now they don't have some clown hanging around drinking the free coffee and holding up the employees from doing their jobs.
Accuse me of working for the dealership... I have never even heard of Stasek Chevrolet before. But I have seen guys like you loitering around dealerships.
The people at my local dealership know who I am, not from me always being at the dealership, but for what I do for the community. Maybe you need a hobbie?

Kia has nice cars. Maybe their folks have time for you.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:55 AM
Frosty
CF Senior Member

Liked 168 Times in 111 Posts

Originally Posted by ls777z View Post
Maybe the next time you should consider buying a car off the lot. That way you can see what you're buying and under no obligation to buy if it isn't acceptable.
I totally agree. Would solve a lot of problems on both sides, There are around 9000 unsold nationwide. I can't believe not one of them would be close to what the OP wants

I learned the hard way not to order a car. But it only took one bad experience for the lesson to sink in

Last edited by Frosty; 03-05-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:58 AM
jefnvk
CF Senior Member

Liked 302 Times in 180 Posts

If they've ordered you multiple dash panels, and none were to your standards, your issue isn't with them, it is with the fact you expect supercar attention to detail at mass produced prices.

There is a reason Corvettes won't ever compete with the likes of the Euro exotics, no matter how well they perform against them at the track: at the end of the day, they are still a mass produced car, built on an assembly line at a factory. The attention to detail, while far better than a Cruze or Silverado, will never reach McLaren or Bentley spec.

Maybe you should have taken your $200k down to the Lambo dealer and picked up a new Huracan, where they had the time to make sure stitching is show car quality.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:23 AM
Bondojohn
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC View Post
90,000 dollar car and goes back for the free car wash...
As we all know the minimum wage guy in the back washing cars really cares about the way he washes your car.
It sounds more like you are a blowhard without any friends going to the dealership to get some recognition for wasting too much money on a plastic car which you will never use.

You need a hug, sweetie. I really feel for you...

Good going on the dealership side. Now they don't have some clown hanging around drinking the free coffee and holding up the employees from doing their jobs.
Accuse me of working for the dealership... I have never even heard of Stasek Chevrolet before. But I have seen guys like you loitering around dealerships.
The people at my local dealership know who I am, not from me always being at the dealership, but for what I do for the community. Maybe you need a hobbie?

Kia has nice cars. Maybe their folks have time for you.
Im Retired and I have allot of things to do during the day and Ienjoy talking about my cars. Iím a car guy. I guess you wouldnít understand that. I was being facetious about spending too much time at the dealer. Maybe your Anti-social and ďyouĒ have no friends because you donít like to talk to people. I have allot of friends because I like to talk to people. You should learn to be friendly instead of bad mouthing people who like to talk about things with other people. The people at the dealership mostly sit around all day. Allot of there businesses happens after work. They enjoyed talking to me as much as I did with them.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:36 AM
z06inVB
CF Senior Member

Liked 173 Times in 126 Posts

The following users liked this post: z06inVB
buckeye4 (03-05-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 10:39 AM
Vet Interested
CF Senior Member

Liked 552 Times in 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe View Post
Stasek tried to pawn off a defective stripe car to the guy. Guy refused. Stasek rep ignores the defective product they tried to make the guy buy. Doesn't refute it here. Just blames the customer. Good job Stasek.. I'd avoid buying my Corvette or having anything to do with this dealership too.

To the OP, this is how weak your position is. Skid Marks actually agrees with you! The kiss of death.
The following users liked this post: Vet Interested
I Fly Low (03-05-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 10:48 AM
Bondojohn
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 449er View Post
The mistake made here was the dealer ordering you a new car after you said you would not accept it unless it was perfect. They knew your history & should have known that no matter what was delivered, it wasn't going to be good enough
Right. This is probably the most important point. Me going to the dealer and telling him he knows how fussy I am from our past experience. I wanted to be sure there wasnít any misunderstandings when it came in. And going in advance and me telling him I wouldnít accept the car if anything was wrong with it that was unacceptable to me. And telling him Iíd be happy going to another dealer and not ordering from him. He said he would order it. Then he Reneged on our agreement by trying to make me take the car.
I must think there getting cars that thereís something wrong with them. May there getting a discount because no one wants them and there coming from other dealers. It was very hard for me to believe that there was so many things wrong with the 3 cars that I ordered. The quality controls canít be that bad.
The following users liked this post: Bondojohn
restructor (03-08-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 10:49 AM
speed4tu
CF Senior Member

Liked 132 Times in 97 Posts

Sounds like the OP would be better suited for a Bugatti or a much more expensive car with better quality control. The Corvette isn't and never will be a perfect car due to the low prices. (FYI, a $90k car isn't an expensive one these days) I've worked in places before and dealt with folks who couldn't ever be satisfied, and when the day comes that they say they aren't returning is a great day for everyone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad dealership experience

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: