Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad dealership experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 10:51 AM
JPierquet
Racer

Received 312 Likes on 119 Posts

My wife and I purchased a new 2017 Corvette Stingray from Stasek in Feb of 2017. Our salesman was Bob Clegg. We also have the car serviced there also. I have met Brett, and the Corvette Tech and all are friendly and knowledgeable. We live in Wisconsin, so it it a bit of a drive, but we love the service. I would always recommend them to family and friends.
Now, I am sure that they are not perfect, and I am sorry the OP had the experience he says he had. In my experience, there are usually three sides to the story. In this case the dealership side, the OP side and the truth. I am sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. One question for the OP, did he have Stasek put a written note in the purchase contract that you could not accept the car for any reason?
Old 03-05-2019, 10:53 AM
Bondojohn
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Stasek tried to pawn off a defective stripe car to the guy. Guy refused. Stasek rep ignores the defective product they tried to make the guy buy. Doesn't refute it here. Just blames the customer. Good job Stasek.. I'd avoid buying my Corvette or having anything to do with this dealership too.
There you have it in a nutshell. 👍 May the real reason he told me he couldn’t sell the car was because of all the defects. Nobody else wanted it.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:09 AM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by JPierquet
My wife and I purchased a new 2017 Corvette Stingray from Stasek in Feb of 2017. Our salesman was Bob Clegg. We also have the car serviced there also. I have met Brett, and the Corvette Tech and all are friendly and knowledgeable. We live in Wisconsin, so it it a bit of a drive, but we love the service. I would always recommend them to family and friends.
Now, I am sure that they are not perfect, and I am sorry the OP had the experience he says he had. In my experience, there are usually three sides to the story. In this case the dealership side, the OP side and the truth. I am sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. One question for the OP, did he have Stasek put a written note in the purchase contract that you could not accept the car for any reason?
No it was a verbal agreement. Another point. I gave no deposit on the car. Either party could have walked away at any time with nothing.
But yes. They have a great service department. And I enjoyed doing business with them or I wouldn’t have gone back. It was the last order that ended our relationship. And also them refusing to repair something under warranty.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:17 AM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by jefnvk
If they've ordered you multiple dash panels, and none were to your standards, your issue isn't with them, it is with the fact you expect supercar attention to detail at mass produced prices.

There is a reason Corvettes won't ever compete with the likes of the Euro exotics, no matter how well they perform against them at the track: at the end of the day, they are still a mass produced car, built on an assembly line at a factory. The attention to detail, while far better than a Cruze or Silverado
, will never reach McLaren or Bentley spec.

Maybe you should have taken your $200k down to the Lambo dealer and picked up a new Huracan, where they had the time to make sure stitching is show car quality.
They didn’t order any stinking panels to correct the problem. They wouldn’t do it. As I said I had to call customer service and chevy fixed the stinking Badges. ( I mean panel) under warranty that the dealer should have done.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:22 AM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by Bondojohn
They didn’t order any stinking panels to correct the problem. They wouldn’t do it. As I said I had to call customer service and chevy fixed the stinking Badges. ( I mean panel) under warranty that the dealer should have done.
Do you have pics of how bad the stitching was? If its bad enough that I spent months calling customer service to get it fixed, I'd definitely have photographic proof.

Last edited by jefnvk; 03-05-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:31 AM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by jefnvk
Do you have pics of how bad the stitching was? If its bad enough that I spent months calling customer service to get it fixed, I'd definitely have photographic proof.
Chevy has a **** Load of pictures I sent in to customer service. I think I deleated them after they fixed it. But I’ll look and see if I still have some.

Last edited by Bondojohn; 03-05-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:46 AM
Bondojohn
Pro

Chevy has a **** Load of pictures I sent in to customer service. I think I deleated them after they fixed it. But I’ll look and see if I still have some.
Yes my wife still had one on her phone. She has over 3000 pictures on her phone. Unbelievable. I’ll post it. This is what the dealership wouldn’t fix.

Here is the Picture of the stitching that the Dealer wouldn’t fix. I got this from my wife’s cell phone she has over 3000 pictures on her phone. unbelievable. This proves some of my validity for people that doubt what I’m saying. For the one forum member that Criticize Corvette Quality because it’s not a $200,000 Lamborghini. I know this is not a $200,000
Lamborghini,but to me this would not be exceptable on a
Chevy Cruze.
The following users liked this post:
restructor (03-08-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 11:48 AM
AceG
Burning Brakes

Received 412 Likes on 206 Posts

This is seriously a big win for the dealership part. Your intention was to warn people with your experience and so far a resounding majority disagree with you. The one or 2 that does agree with you agrees to stay away from this dealership which i believe does the dealership a great service.

To sum it up, the dealership should be thanking you
Old 03-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by AceG
This is seriously a big win for the dealership part. Your intention was to warn people with your experience and so far a resounding majority disagree with you. The one or 2 that does agree with you agrees to stay away from this dealership which i believe does the dealership a great service.

To sum it up, the dealership should be thanking you
You must be related to the owner!
lighten up. I respect your opinion. I don’t think your related. Read my last post and tell me who’s the bad guy here.

Last edited by Bondojohn; 03-05-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:57 AM
AceG
Burning Brakes

You must be related the the owner!
Old 03-05-2019, 11:59 AM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

And that is the kind of thinking that says everything we should know about you......
Old 03-05-2019, 12:03 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Im repeating myself :But get it straight. The dealer new how fussy I was and we had a agreement. if I wasn’t satisfied I wouldn’t accept the car. He didn’t have to order it if he didn’t agree and I told him I’d order it from another dealership. He Reneged on our contract. So how am I the bad one.
The following users liked this post:
restructor (03-08-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 12:06 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Im repeating myself :But get it straight. The dealer new how fussy I was and we had a agreement. if I wasn’t satisfied I wouldn’t accept the car. He didn’t have to order it if he didn’t agree and I told him I’d order it from another dealership. He Reneged on our contract. So how am I the bad one.
Because the chances of you getting what you want, from a different dealer, are the same.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:10 PM
AceG
Burning Brakes

The fact that you know you are like this and admit you are over the top is just laughable. The business owner probably thought ok i went through the process with this guy twice already..surely he would find the third one acceptable. All that time and allocations wasted, I dont blame him for wanting to close the deal but after the 3rd car was not acceptable he lost his ****. Honestly i would to rofl.

And like someone said above..there is absolutely no difference when you order from this dealer or the next.

Last edited by AceG; 03-05-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:12 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader
Because the chances of you getting what you want, from a different dealer, are the same.
What’s wrong with you. Can’t you read. I ordered another Z from another dealer an it was fine. No problems. If I’m too fussy for the quality of corvettes how would I have accepted it.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:17 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

What’s wrong with you. Can’t you read. I ordered another Z from another dealer an it was fine. No problems. If I’m too fussy for the quality of corvettes how would I have accepted it.
Random chance. The cars are built in the same place.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by AceG
The fact that you know you are like this and admit you are over the top is just laughable. The business owner probably thought ok i went through the process with this guy twice already..surely he would find the third one acceptable. All that time and allocations wasted, I dont blame him for wanting to close the deal but after the 3rd car was not acceptable he lost his ****. Honestly i would to rofl.

And like someone said above..there is absolutely no difference when you order from this dealer or the next.
Im not over the top. Read about all the problems with the car. I doubt anyone would of excepted them in the condition they came in. I wish I had the pictures. And I’m not the only fussy one. I saw a corvette come in Covered in posted notes. So acording to your thinking a dealer should lie to the customer. He should tell him one thing when he orders the car, but say the opposite when it comes in. I’d hate to do business with you.

Get notified of new replies

To Bad dealership experience

Old 03-05-2019, 12:32 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Im sure I would have accepted it.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:36 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by JPierquet
You talk about the story having 3 sides. I know what my exsperience was. I believe that Bob the Salesman would back me up on allot of what I said.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:43 PM
AceG
Burning Brakes

The misconception you have here is you think that the dealership are the ones responsible for defects. First of all they come from the same place. It doesnt matter if your mother ordered it the dealer ordered it or even your dog ordered it. The 2nd thing is you nitpick. You even said it yourself. When and if the dealership offer to fix the problem like repainting, you refuse and demand to order a new car. You make it seem like thats the most normal thing in the world.

Quick Reply: Bad dealership experience