Old 03-04-2019, 09:14 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Old 03-04-2019, 09:18 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 71 Posts

Here are ‘some’ of the things that was wrong with both cars that “I accepted” and let the dealer fix what he could.
I have the invoices for these problems and more.
You tell me if this could be a show car!!
Anybody want to chime in and tell me they would accepted these cars as I did.
Bubbles in the paint. Sand in the paint. Deep scratches in the metal on the console. Bubles in the hood stripe. Black paint worn away showing bare metal on top of Callaway Supercharger cover that came through the top of hood. Callaway Stingray fish emblem fell off at Dealer when In came in. Many deep scratches in the pain around the car. Deep scratches in leather door panel. Black pain chipping and falling off inside hatch window frame. I rest my case. Intrament faceplate scrarched. Must I go on. And the Mgr was so courteous as to accuse me of causing this. Must I go on. Yes. Great way to treat a customer!!!!

Last edited by Bondojohn; 03-04-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:18 PM
CheezMoe
Melting Slicks

Received 100 Likes on 85 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13,'19-'20

Call a Wambulance!
Old 03-04-2019, 09:20 PM
runner61627
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Bondojohn
No one read this. I’m explaining it again for Brent. If your the same Brent I know we’ve always had a good relashionship.
If you need any clarification of this You can call me. Please het your facts right. They never did nor would they ever replace the door panel to fix the problem even though it was under warranty. I’ll say this one more time to. . After “”accepting”” two cars, I didn’t turn them down. Prior to ordering the 3rd car I went to Bob the sales man and told him I would not accept another car if it was damaged in a way that was unexceptional to me. If he didn’t agree I would go to a diffent different dealer and order the car elseware. It was up to him and the boss. He left and returned and said Jeremy agreed to this. They made so much money on me with all my business I feel it’s there loss not mine.
You went to another dealer and got the flawless vette you were looking for and saved a few $$ in the process. You gave an unflattering review of your former dealer. Duly noted.....time to move on and stop beating a dead horse...
The following users liked this post:
jefnvk (03-05-2019)
Old 03-04-2019, 09:24 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Here are ‘some’ of the things that was wrong with both cars that “I accepted” and let the dealer fix what he could.
Bubbles in the paint. Sand in the paint. Deep scratches in the metal on the console. Bubles in the hood stripe. Black paint worn away showing bare metal on top of Callaway Supercharger cover that came through the top of hood. Callaway Stingray fish emblem fell off at Dealer when In came in. Many deep scratches in the pain around the car. Deep scratches in leather door panel. Black pain chipping and falling off inside hatch window frame. I rest my case. Intrament faceplate scrarched. Must I go on. And the Mgr was so courteous as to accuse me of causing this. Must I go on. Yes. Great way to treat a customer!!!!
Pictures or it didn't happen.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:28 PM
Elk
Le Mans Master

Received 3,257 Likes on 1,723 Posts

I rest my case.
No you don't. You are going to go on and on and on and . . .
carriccp (03-04-2019)
Old 03-04-2019, 10:05 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Stasek tried to pawn off a defective stripe car to the guy. Guy refused. Stasek rep ignores the defective product they tried to make the guy buy. Doesn't refute it here. Just blames the customer. Good job Stasek.. I'd avoid buying my Corvette or having anything to do with this dealership too.

Old 03-04-2019, 10:09 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

I am going on. But I feel a need to defend comments that aren’t true. Isn’t this part of what we do on the forum. Talk about our positions and comment on what other people say and debate, not argue about things. I appreciate and respect other people’s opinions and criticism on all subjects here or I never would post them. I’m not perfect. I may have not handled some things in a way that I should have. I just did what I thought was right in trying to cope with a difficult situation. I feel very lucky to be able to voice my opinion, and vent a little/or allot. It’s better/cheaper than getting a shrink. I get allot of quality information here. Sometime it’s good therapy. If anyone doesn’t want to hear what’s said here they can always go to a different Post. They say there are two sides to every story. That’s true. And my side is always the right. Just kidding.

Last edited by Bondojohn; 03-04-2019 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:09 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by Elk
No you don't. You are going to go on and on and on and . . .
Did you not read BondoJohn's and the Stasek rep's posts?

..BondoJohn is only posting for clarification purposes. Try again by reading the posts in order. He's not "going on and on."
Old 03-04-2019, 10:20 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

By reading this post, I would suggest you stop and wait until tomorrow to respond to other posters.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:35 PM
I Fly Low
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

The phrase I always hear is some version of, "supercar performance at half the price" Why do you think that is? maybe because at the end of the day, its still a Chevy, and it isn't made by German dudes in overalls, or handmade in Italy. I gotta side with the dealer, If I spent $200.000 at a dealer, I would absolutely expect a personal assistant to make me a cup of coffee when I came to visit. But would I expect them to keep ordering cars that I'm not pleased with? Not a chance. I imagine any profit the dealer made on your first purchases was squandered by the later breached contracts. I understand being upset, but if I want an exotic car at an SUV price, I'll take what I get. Sorry. I rest MY case.
jefnvk (03-05-2019)
Old 03-04-2019, 10:36 PM
I Fly Low
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ricks327
By reading this post, I would suggest you stop and wait until tomorrow to respond to other posters.
things are just getting interesting!!
Old 03-04-2019, 10:38 PM
lifter213
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

That OCD about quality but lets the dealer wash his cars. That made me laugh. Siding with the dealer on this one, sounds like unrealistic expectations to me without seeing some pictures for proof.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:44 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Sorry everyone. I need to clarify something. On the last vette I refused with the blemishes in the door. There were actually several holes in the paint that went down to the metal. Also does anyone know how hard it is to repaint a door where you can’t tell it was painted. Not only matching the color but matching the orange peel(texture)of the paint done by robots. I was in the automotive repair industry including body repairs for many years.. The mirror taken off. The door handles removed. The plastic protective mylar installed at the factory on the door removed. The weather stripping, some of witch may be pressured and glued on. Inside panel removed. Inside door sprayed. Maybe window might have to be taken off. And allot more. I would not know if all this would be done. Now all of this wouldn’t be done if it was a used car being repaired. But a new car is a different story. If someone realized it was painted they may think it was in an accident. Too many if’s for me.
restructor (03-08-2019)
Old 03-04-2019, 10:47 PM
I Fly Low
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

So what your saying is a bad purchase experience, not a bad dealer experience. Big difference.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:56 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by I Fly Low
The phrase I always hear is some version of, "supercar performance at half the price" Why do you think that is? maybe because at the end of the day, its still a Chevy, and it isn't made by German dudes in overalls, or handmade in Italy. I gotta side with the dealer, If I spent $200.000 at a dealer, I would absolutely expect a personal assistant to make me a cup of coffee when I came to visit. But would I expect them to keep ordering cars that I'm not pleased with? Not a chance. I imagine any profit the dealer made on your first purchases was squandered by the later breached contracts. I understand being upset, but if I want an exotic car at an SUV price, I'll take what I get. Sorry. I rest MY case.
I must disagree. I’ve bought allot of new cars. I don’t care how much a car cost. Whether it’s a $18,000 Chevy Cruze,Ford Explorer(Sorry I said Ford) Camero or Mustang(Ford again). It should be correct. You shouldn’t have to respray I new car. I know nothing is perfect. And I don’t demand perfection. Just things to be as correct possible.

Last edited by Bondojohn; 03-05-2019 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:27 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by I Fly Low
So what your saying is a bad purchase experience, not a bad dealer experience. Big difference.
Both!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Bad dealership experience

Old 03-04-2019, 11:45 PM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,921 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Stasek tried to pawn off a defective stripe car to the guy. Guy refused. Stasek rep ignores the defective product they tried to make the guy buy. Doesn't refute it here. Just blames the customer. Good job Stasek.. I'd avoid buying my Corvette or having anything to do with this dealership too..
Time and time again you prove yourself to be the consummate Adam Henry....

On, and psssst..... American never ceased being great.

Last edited by 4thC4at60; 03-04-2019 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:17 AM
PobreWey
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

That sucks. You need to post pictures. I think regardless of what happened you had a really good bond with the dealership and if you don't make up with them you're going to miss the trips to the dealership to shoot the **** with the staff and get your free hand car wash.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:31 AM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by PobreWey
That sucks. You need to post pictures. I think regardless of what happened you had a really good bond with the dealership and if you don't make up with them you're going to miss the trips to the dealership to shoot the **** with the staff and get your free hand car wash.
I did until they turned evil. I don’t have many picture. But I have the recipes. But it doesn’t matter anymore. I’d never go back there even if they gave me a free corvette to come back. But it’ll probably have all kinds of defects in it.

Quick Reply: Bad dealership experience