Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poll on accepting or not painted door new Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 01:01 PM
AceG
Burning Brakes

Received 412 Likes on 206 Posts

The problem with this question is that its being asked out of context. OP refused at least 2 cars after special ordering them and want the dealership to take the loss. Dealership offer to fix any defects but OP refused and demand to order another car.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:08 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,163 Likes on 5,988 Posts

Originally Posted by AceG
The problem with this question is that its being asked out of context. OP refused at least 2 cars after special ordering them and want the dealership to take the loss. Dealership offer to fix any defects but OP refused and demand to order another car.
If I order a new $90K car and it comes in needing paint I'm not accepting it either. That's on GM and the dealer to work out.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:11 PM
AceG
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
If I order a new $90K car and it comes in needing paint I'm not accepting it either. That's on GM and the dealer to work out.
Sure you dont have to but its not the dealers fault and because of the multiple refusals he was denied from ordering more cars which resulted him in attempting to smear the dealerships good name
Old 03-07-2019, 01:49 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 419 Likes on 290 Posts

Sure you dont have to but its not the dealers fault and because of the multiple refusals he was denied from ordering more cars which resulted him in attempting to smear the dealerships good name
The dealer should have worked this out with GM IF the goods were damaged (especially if it happened more then once) and not try to pass it on to its customers as a new car..

Last edited by V Vette; 03-07-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:53 PM
AceG
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by V Vette
The dealer should have worked this out with GM IF the goods were damaged (especially if it happened more then once) and not try to pass it on to its customers..
So you are saying the dealership should just keep ordering cars till a perfect one comes out? In the mean time dealing with gm on multiple cars most likely resulting in losing allocations. Not all customers are that **** and will accept a repaint. Let me ask you this. What is stopping the dealership from repainting it before showing it to OP?

Standard business practice to fire a customer like this than continue doing business
Old 03-07-2019, 01:57 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

So you are saying the dealership should just keep ordering cars till a perfect one comes out? In the mean time dealing with gm on multiple cars most likely resulting in losing allocations. Not all customers are that **** and will accept a repaint. Let me ask you this. What is stopping the dealership from repainting it before showing it to OP?

Standard business practice to fire a customer like this than continue doing business
What would be practical is to find out why they keep getting "damaged vehicles", where is QA, is there an issue with whatever. If I were dealer I would not want that headache so find out what is happening to avoid the OP issue.

Last edited by V Vette; 03-07-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Rayland
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts

Bondojohn;

Accept with specific conditions:

1) No carfax report.
2) No other imperfections ie. interior or exterior.
3) A legal written agreement/rider that will extent the paint warranty as it pertains to this repair, above and beyond the factory warranty.

Please note: All automotive dealerships are tasked with fixing/repairing their inventory for sale? There are a whole host of reasons why new cars are damage, and are sometimes beyond the dealerships control. ie. transportation, manufacturing, quality controls, snow plows(LOL), and negligent handling by employees.

In actuality, I think you may be surprised on how many brand new cars sold today that have had dealership repairs- without disclosing to the customer?

Issue of Quality: We all have seen cars in custom car shows, were the paint quality exceeds and/or matches many factory finish?

Many thanks,

Ray
Old 03-07-2019, 02:01 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,163 Likes on 5,988 Posts

I used to be an insurance adjuster and we had an office at the local MB dealer. You'd be shocked how many cars went from the delivery truck to the body shop then out on the lot!
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (03-08-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 02:03 PM
AceG
Burning Brakes

What would be practical is to find out why they keep getting "damaged vehicles", where is QA, is there an issue with whatever. If I were dealer I would not want that headache so find out what is happening to avoid the OP issue.
Its a known issue that there is paint issues with gm. There is nothing one dealership is going to say to fix it. The issue at hand was op is blaming the dealership for firing him
Old 03-07-2019, 02:19 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Its a known issue that there is paint issues with gm. There is nothing one dealership is going to say to fix it. The issue at hand was op is blaming the dealership for firing him
LOL always two sides to a story! Thanks...The OP indicated he is moving on and we should too!

Last edited by V Vette; 03-07-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:22 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 71 Posts

AceG I know we said we’d drop this but I have to respond. AceG. Pardon me for getting upset. AceG you’ve been on my *** for this whole posting and continue saying things that aren’t true and are posted incorrect. I did not refuse two two cars. I accepted two cars that needed defects corrected. Some of the repair were not done properly. But I accepted the cars anyway and paid cash for them on top of it. Again I’m saying pay attention. Because I had so many problems with the first to cars I didn’t want this to happen again. I had a agreement with dealer. I told him If the next car comes in with defect some of witch that I may not approve I would not accept the car. I said if your not happy with that I would be happy to take my business elsware. IF The dealer nowing how fussy I was and didn’t want me to reject the FIRST CAR I MAY REJECT HE should of not ordered the car. Please Ace G tell the truth and knock it off and give me and yourself a break. Isn’t there someone else on this forum that you can beat up besides me. Just tell the truth not distort it,Please Thanks. Bondo
Also I seriously thing there are allot of people on this post from Stasek.

Last edited by Bondojohn; 03-07-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:42 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,290 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by robertbruce
A painted door today may match fine but a few years from now if you keep the car that long you will be able to tell the colors do not age the same.
Complete BS.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:59 PM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

The dealer should have worked this out with GM IF the goods were damaged (especially if it happened more then once) and not try to pass it on to its customers as a new car..
and what good would that do if the dealer worked it out with GM. The op already stated he wouldn’t take the car if repainted so dealer was still stuck
Old 03-07-2019, 06:26 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by WKM
and what good would that do if the dealer worked it out with GM. The op already stated he wouldn’t take the car if repainted so dealer was still stuck
This tread is not good as too many unknowns... If all things are true per OP, I would not take the car either, why would I?? The dealer and GM should find out why they are getting damaged cars, where is the QA???. Again, I would NOT take a "new" car that is damaged or needs paint. Do you think Porsche, BMW or even Kia would do this (get a damaged car and try to sell it to the customer)???

Last edited by V Vette; 03-07-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:36 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

I'm surprised the dealer took an order and didn't require the buyer to make a deposit. After this fiasco, I'm certain they will make it a dealer policy, you order a car, a non-refundable deposit will be required.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:41 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Steve_R
Complete BS.
Not BS, I had it happen to me. I bought a used Camaro years ago that was inspected meticulously by myself and a good shop. No evidence of any prior body work then or after owning it for 9 yrs/80k miles. But by year 5, the right rear quarter panel had faded to a distinctly different color plus blending into the door, even though the car was garaged.

Other cars that I knew had some repaint stayed perfect, but you won’t know about a problem until too late to get your money back.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:45 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
Not BS, I had it happen to me. I bought a used Camaro years ago that was inspected meticulously by myself and a good shop. No evidence of any prior body work then or after owning it for 9 yrs/80k miles. But by year 5, the right rear quarter panel had faded to a distinctly different color plus blending into the door, even though the car was garaged.

Other cars that I knew had some repaint stayed perfect, but you won’t know about a problem until too late to get your money back.
Was it lacquer paint?

Get notified of new replies

To Poll on accepting or not painted door new Z06

Old 03-07-2019, 06:46 PM
carsnpars
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

Was it two small pinholes on a torch red door? How close to fender/ quarter? If in the middle should be no problem, BUT the clear being two coats to the edge might change the hue a little BUT the big thing would bring getting the orange peel to match!
Old 03-07-2019, 06:51 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,290 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

This tread is not good as too many unknowns... If all things are true per OP, I would not take the car either, why would I?? The dealer and GM should find out why they are getting damaged cars, where is the QA???. Again, I would NOT take a "new" car that is damaged or needs paint. Do you think Porsche, BMW or even Kia would do this (get a damaged car and try to sell it to the customer)???
If people knew how many new cars get paint damage during assembly and transport, and are repaired without the customer ever knowing, they’d be shocked.
The following 2 users liked this post by Steve_R:
CorvetteBrent (03-08-2019), V Vette (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 06:54 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Steve_R
If people knew how many new cars get paint damage during assembly and transport, and are repaired without the customer ever knowing, they’d be shocked.
LOL I know but id rather not know...LOL

Quick Reply: Poll on accepting or not painted door new Z06