Sponsored by:

Poll on accepting or not painted door new Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 10:40 PM
scottjays
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Bondojohn
Ok. I’m taking a poll on how many people would accept or not accept a new Z06 if the dealer had to spray the door to correct a paint problem. Thanks for your response.
Accept...it's a car for crisakes. I took delivery of an X6M at the Spartanburg factory. Had dime size chip in paint...they assured me dealer would fix upon returning home. they did case closed.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:41 AM
Bondojohn
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by scottjays
Accept...it's a car for crisakes. I took delivery of an X6M at the Spartanburg factory. Had dime size chip in paint...they assured me dealer would fix upon returning home. they did case closed.
As I said. We’re all different. Some of us are more particular than others. Believe it or not. One member said he didn’t care. “He bought the vette for how it drove not how it looks.”
Old 03-09-2019, 09:17 AM
Bondojohn
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Rayland
Bondojohn;

Accept with specific conditions:

1) No carfax report.
2) No other imperfections ie. interior or exterior.
3) A legal written agreement/rider that will extent the paint warranty as it pertains to this repair, above and beyond the factory warranty.

Please note: All automotive dealerships are tasked with fixing/repairing their inventory for sale? There are a whole host of reasons why new cars are damage, and are sometimes beyond the dealerships control. ie. transportation, manufacturing, quality controls, snow plows(LOL), and negligent handling by employees.

In actuality, I think you may be surprised on how many brand new cars sold today that have had dealership repairs- without disclosing to the customer?

Issue of Quality: We all have seen cars in custom car shows, were the paint quality exceeds and/or matches many factory finish?

Many thanks,

Ray
Yes. But after two cars with multiple paint problems, a bubble in tha decal that was improperly replaced with wrong paint and a warrenty problem they wouldn’t fix. I had enough. I went past “MY” limit. There’s I limit a customer will go to satisfy the dealer. Whos supposed to satisfy who.

Quick Reply: Poll on accepting or not painted door new Z06