C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Afraid to take my car in for warranty (Armrest)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Ruderegime
Pro

Received 143 Likes on 101 Posts

I took mine in for some warranty work. The armrest the triple flush, fix the fuel door with it's busted locking solenoid. Everything was covered under warranty but then they damaged my carbon fiber side skirt on the driver side had a pretty good size chip in it.

Last edited by Ruderegime; 03-13-2019 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Why don't you just ask them for the armrest, install it in the parking lot of the dealership and give them back the old one. I'm sure the install will take about 10 minutes...it's just a swap out (like you said).
Old 03-14-2019, 09:46 PM
Ed Ramberger
Drifting

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Avanti
Your concern is warranted... I took my new C5 in four times for warranty work and four times it came back with something screwed-up. The C7 only goes in for critical work I cannot do. Were I you, I'd just buy a new arm-rest and install myself, if they won't look at yours and swap you one--for you to do in their lot. All the best!

Gawd, but I hate such S**T!
Quick sad story. I had a C7 - lemon lawed it and had more damage done at dealer than it came with. Bought a C5 fro an estate to have something fun. Found several problems including pinched wiring, wiring pulled from modules and missing seals on the injector connectors. Going through the paperwork THE SAME DEALER MESSED UP THE C5. All the damage could be attributed to receipts where they were in that area of the car and the problems I found were parts they R&Rd.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:49 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

I have heard all of the dealer stories over the 61 years I have had a drivers's license and as far as I am concerned just haven't seen any evidence of the mechanics screwing things up. I did have one situation with my C6Z where the dealership had just replaced the driver's side seat back seat skin due to wear. I had the car in for another service appointment and was telling the service writer I wanted them to make sure people getting into the car got into it properly so the brand new seat skin wouldn't be damaged. While I was talking to him the car jockey went to get in my car and before I could yell at him he put his leg in first, then slid his butt down the side of the bolster and voila they had to order a brand new skin. One sit down and it was ruined. The Service Writer was apologetic and said he would talk to the car jockey. The next time I brought the car in to get the replacement skin the car jockey got in the car properly.

Bill
Old 03-15-2019, 04:10 PM
LarryFL
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
I have heard all of the dealer stories over the 61 years I have had a drivers's license and as far as I am concerned just haven't seen any evidence of the mechanics screwing things up. I did have one situation with my C6Z where the dealership had just replaced the driver's side seat back seat skin due to wear. I had the car in for another service appointment and was telling the service writer I wanted them to make sure people getting into the car got into it properly so the brand new seat skin wouldn't be damaged. While I was talking to him the car jockey went to get in my car and before I could yell at him he put his leg in first, then slid his butt down the side of the bolster and voila they had to order a brand new skin. One sit down and it was ruined. The Service Writer was apologetic and said he would talk to the car jockey. The next time I brought the car in to get the replacement skin the car jockey got in the car properly.

Bill
Slight tangent, but butt-first wears out the seat cushion, and leg first wears out the bolster. Pick your poison.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:36 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

While I was talking to him the car jockey went to get in my car and before I could yell at him he put his leg in first, then slid his butt down the side of the bolster and voila they had to order a brand new skin.
Color me confused how in HELL does a single , otherwise normal entry, necessitate the replacement of a seat cover?
The following users liked this post:
4thC4at60 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 08:22 PM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,922 Likes on 1,303 Posts

760K+ miles in 29 years in Corvettes and the only seat problems I've ever had was in my C6, had them rebuilt twice. Man, what lousy seats.... 84/85K miles on my C7: seats are fine. Leg in, TWIST butt, sit (don't slide), bring in other leg.

Getting out.... put left leg out and just STAND up....

Quick Reply: Afraid to take my car in for warranty (Armrest)