C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interiors? Are they that bad? (Continued thread)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 02:24 PM
cyi1
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 169 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by gradywhite931127
Did you have any mods done to the C6? Because base vs base I'd hands down go with a C7 Z06 vs. the base C6 Z06.. I was thinking about a base C6 GS though with a supercharger and I can imagine that would be boatloads of fun too. At that point I'd have a little more power than a base C7 Z06, but I'd wonder if the interior would have me feeling like I'm lacking something?
The drive modes and magnetic ride make a huge difference in everyday driving also. The car feels a lot more refined and you can pick a mode that suits your driving. I have a lot more confidence driving this in heavy rain in wet mode than I would the C6. Also full throttle in Sport mode it feels almost impossible to make it go completely sideways or spin out thanks to the stabilitrack.

Interior is a pretty big factor for me since both cars have great power and handling. It comes down to what you interact with every single drive.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:06 AM
gradywhite931127
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

I don’t know guys. I am thinking about waiting it out some more letting prices drive down even further. Could it be possible to see a C7 Z06 in the high to mid $40’s in a year or two? That would be a huge bang for the buck. C7 prices are dropping drastically, albeit probably because of the anticipation of the C8. I can’t imagine seeing a C6 GS for $15-20k
Old 03-18-2019, 03:56 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by JMII
As a new Corvette owner let me put it this way: I never considered getting a C6 due to its interior - way too GM parts bin in there. My father has owned a few GM vehicles I always felt their interiors were just terrible. With the C7 GM stepped up and address this weakness, thus the interior is now comparable to my brother's Porsche (his words not mine). In my 3LT there are lots of nice, high end interior materials with decent fit and excellent finish: carbon fiber, micro suede, leather, aluminum, everything feels and looks good. My car still has some squeaks and rattles but overall its decent. Exterior fit and finish is still a step behind, for example the body lines and panel gaps on my wife's Infiniti Q60 are superior to my C7.
Agree.

Originally Posted by robert miller
I like the c7 interior over the c5 and c6 & hated the c4 that is my take on it. Robert
Absolutely agree. Corvette entered the Dark Ages in the C4. I'm sure glad that I passed on em all until the C7.

..If you can afford a C7, that's the one you want. Hands down.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:06 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by Dif
There's too many variables why some like either the C6 or C7 over the other.
The C6 is still a great car in it's own right, and I can see why some still prefer the C6.
I look at it this way, the C7 is a 10 year jump in Tech, Build Quality, Performance/Handling, and Refinement over the last C6 built.
Especially the Seats if I had to pick only one thing.
I put 25,000 mile on my C6 without one problem.
But had to remove and replace the Driver seat Foam after 8,000 miles because it literally fell apart.
And as comfortable as those seats may be, they are built like a lawn chair, no exaggeration.

To me the complete driving experience with the C7 is why I would not go back to a C6.
Just my opinion for what it's worth
Furthermore, when I read negative assessments of the C7 by those that can't afford a C7, that's when I knew how coveted the C7 is to the non-owners.

Quick Reply: Interiors? Are they that bad? (Continued thread)