C7 is a superior vehicle in every way, period
Very objective perspective.....
Old 03-14-2019, 07:47 AM
patentcad
Drifting

Received 757 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackie Chan
Very objective perspective.....
I wouldn't respect the judgement of anybody who disagrees, I've owned both cars. Both great cars, but seriously, not even close. It's subjective on some levels but once you start talking lap times, skidpad G's, etc., not so much. You are entitled to your own opinions, not your own facts/performance numbers.
The following users liked this post:
Ralphp (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:26 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by patentcad
I wouldn't respect the judgement of anybody who disagrees, I've owned both cars. Both great cars, but seriously, not even close. It's subjective on some levels but once you start talking lap times, skidpad G's, etc., not so much. You are entitled to your own opinions, not your own facts/performance numbers.

Both are great cars!

Dave
Ralphp (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 09:20 AM
C6ness
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 78 Posts

Well the 427 vert is manual only. The C7 vert is manual or auto. Performance wise, they are very very close when tested by mags. Having had a C6 and now a C7 coupe I will say the C7 is tighter and just a more refined car. Nicer interior, more exotic looking, better tech. C6 was a good fun car but I prefer the C7 hands down.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:48 AM
Ralphp
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by C6ness
Well the 427 vert is manual only. The C7 vert is manual or auto. Performance wise, they are very very close when tested by mags. Having had a C6 and now a C7 coupe I will say the C7 is tighter and just a more refined car. Nicer interior, more exotic looking, better tech. C6 was a good fun car but I prefer the C7 hands down.
Thanks C6ness. I am only looking at manuals, no paddle shifting for me. After many fine responses I am leaning to the C7.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:51 AM
Ralphp
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffthunbird
I had the C6 Z06 2007 and now, a 2017 C7. The C6 feels roomier and is easier to get in and out.
I wonder if the C7 has advanced active handling which could save your ***. The C6 427 is a loaded gun, as awesome ride though.
Thank you. Getting in and out is important since I am a senior.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:03 PM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
C7 is a superior vehicle in every way, period
Damn Straight it is!!! Styling alone!!!
Old 03-14-2019, 12:25 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,045 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Jim , you are really glancing over the problems that the C6 had ... maybe u did not experence them but others did
The A6 was far from bulit proof , my god just read about shift flair that affected every GM vehicle that it was installed in , there was no cure just a bandaid of resetting the shift adapts, and seal issues ....

How about the terible charging system ..... let's go count the posts an that one...

Or how about the door pad that would just stop working or the starter seloinod that would burn up ....

And let's not forget the " service traction control" or "reduced power mode" messages and the thousands of reasons why you got that message that you would have to track down

And the technology that was so 2004 ... like the factory blue tooth , if u were lucky enough to have blue tooth and the Navigation that was stuck in the 80's
Wheel bearings...I could go on and on but my point is all cars have their issues and the C7 is light years ahead of the C6 in terms or quality and technology.... there is no comparison in ride quality between the two
It's like when you think of your old girl friend ...... you only remember the good times and never all the bad times lol lol. Just go look in the C6 forums now that the C6 is getting older ...

Dave
You'll never get me to claim that the C6 is/was a better car than the C7. We had two C6's for a total of 11 yrs/140k miles, and we experienced their deficiencies up close and personal. As mentioned, I'd buy another C7 for sure if ours was stolen. But my point is that the C7 has deficiencies too, and some of them are unnecessary.
Was it necessary to design in poor visibility to get the crisp steering? I doubt it.
Did the better seats require installing "two finger only" door handles?
With all the complicated electronics, they couldn't have kept the HUD settings in the Memory system?
Etc.

For me, many of the deficiencies of the C7 get attention because they are things that were just right on the C6 and now are just wrong on the C7. This is our fifth Corvette, but the first one where I find lots of little things that are less user friendly than the previous.

Again, the C7 is the best Corvette ever overall, but definitely equipped with more than its share of "WTF were they thinking?" items.
RapidC84B (03-14-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 427 vs 2014 Stingray