Sponsored by:

##$@% dealer service

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 08:40 AM
HRT
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by plmmd
east bay in douglaston/roslyn - there one in Huntington which is a trip for me they have a corvette specific tech- bought car at kerbeck for 9k under what the dealer wanted locally
I think that's what I'm going to do.. Kerbeck seems to have the best deals.. Unless I go used
Old 03-14-2019, 09:14 AM
VH Vette
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Couple of thoghts, when i called my dealer with a defect in one of my rear rims they acted like once they see and determine the defect was warranty they would then get a replacement rim. I kinda understand this so I gave them my CC number and asked them to order it in. If not warranty then we would work out the charges.
In regards to the oil change taking so long you probably hit them at a peak time and took your place in line. When I schedule I look for their non peak day and time to get scheduled in. I am snowbirding in FL and needed to get my Silverado oil chged this last Monday at a dealer I have never been to before. Talked to service advisor and she told me when they had least scheduled work. In and out with a wash under 45 minutes. By the the way good job by Steele Chev in Cocoa Fl.
VH
Old 03-14-2019, 05:06 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Default That's why

I shopped my dealership almost as much as the car making sure their service dept. was up to it; voila, Titus-Will in Olympia, WA. I drive an hour but it's worth it.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:00 AM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,922 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Six Corvettes - in 29 years - and almost 800,000 miles in Corvettes, the C7 has almost 85K on it - have had dealers change oil in: Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, California, Colorado, Virginia, West Virginia, and Florida... never a problem.... at around $58... no brainer....
Old 03-15-2019, 10:52 AM
plmmd
Burning Brakes

Received 844 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by VH Vette
Couple of thoghts, when i called my dealer with a defect in one of my rear rims they acted like once they see and determine the defect was warranty they would then get a replacement rim. I kinda understand this so I gave them my CC number and asked them to order it in. If not warranty then we would work out the charges.
In regards to the oil change taking so long you probably hit them at a peak time and took your place in line. When I schedule I look for their non peak day and time to get scheduled in. I am snowbirding in FL and needed to get my Silverado oil chged this last Monday at a dealer I have never been to before. Talked to service advisor and she told me when they had least scheduled work. In and out with a wash under 45 minutes. By the the way good job by Steele Chev in Cocoa Fl.
VH
re peak time - I was car number 2 at 730 in the am- had they honestly told me it would be 3+ hours Id have ubered home and back over 5 was ridiculous I brought work but not enough- in a perfect world the wheel would have been off and mounting while the car was on the lift for the oil. Especially if they knew they had to send it out. Not understanding why they can outsource the wheel repair but I cant outsource myself for a warranty claim

Quick Reply: ##$@% dealer service