C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk heat mitigation

Old 03-15-2019, 11:22 AM
karlm

Originally Posted by mschuyler View Post
Driving it is not the issue. I drove it all day. It wasn't until I opened the very full trunk and found a couple of loose corks and empty bottles that I knew I had a problem. Thank God it wasn't red wine. It was quite relevant to me. I had 1.5 liters of liquid soaked into the carpet, the mat, and anything in contact with it, the rest of which pooled beneath.Fun times!
OK, I took you too literally - I assumed that "stored a case of wine" meant you stored a case of wine in your trunk - IE, not transported it - hence my "I had something similar happen in my Buick in a parking lot" - I took it to mean you left a case of wine in your trunk for days.

I hauled a case of wine in my 2015 without issue, on an 8 hour drive.

That's also why I said if you weren't driving it wasn't really relevant - I meant relevant to the OP's question - I realize it's VERY relevant to you

Even the dr pepper in my Buick was relevant to me.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:40 PM
aj98
CF Senior Member

Its all the glass...my C5 is the same way. (think greenhouse)

If yours is a 2 or 3LT, it should have come with a cloth cargo area cover.
While not doing much for the heat level itself, it will at least keep whatever you store back there out of direct sunlight (and sight), which will help.

Do ou have just a clear top, or do you have a solid top as well?
Clear top looks great, but once summer rolls around, it makes the car much hotter inside, especially if you dont like to part with the windows down just a bit..
Or - you can get the back glass tinted.

Last edited by aj98; 03-15-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:11 PM
Aramis76
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by aj98 View Post
Its all the glass...my C5 is the same way. (think greenhouse)

If yours is a 2 or 3LT, it should have come with a cloth cargo area cover.
While not doing much for the heat level itself, it will at least keep whatever you store back there out of direct sunlight (and sight), which will help.

Do ou have just a clear top, or do you have a solid top as well?
Clear top looks great, but once summer rolls around, it makes the car much hotter inside, especially if you dont like to part with the windows down just a bit..
Or - you can get the back glass tinted.
He has a convertible...
Old 03-15-2019, 05:01 PM
mschuyler
CF Senior Member

Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,029 Posts

Originally Posted by karlm View Post
That's also why I said if you weren't driving it wasn't really relevant - I meant relevant to the OP's question - I realize it's VERY relevant to you
Cool, but I was responding to the issue of heat in the trunk, which caused the problem and was what OP asked about. People were saying heat is not an issue, and I wanted to show that it is.

Last edited by mschuyler; 03-15-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: