C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All New Ceramic Coating from XPEL

 
Old 03-14-2019, 03:12 PM
  #1  
XPEL
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
XPEL's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 757
Thanked 117 Times in 84 Posts
Default All New Ceramic Coating from XPEL

XPEL FUSION PLUS Ceramic Coating is a nano ceramic clear liquid coating that can be applied to paint, glass, vinyl and paint protection films, which provides a fortified layer of vehicle protection. Bonding at a molecular level, the ceramic coating seals and protects vehicle surfaces from environmental contaminants, including pollutants, tree sap and insect acids. XPEL FUSION PLUS shields against harmful UV rays and corrosion. In fact, it helps to reduce the amount of oxidation, which can result in dull, fading paint.

Using a hydrophobic formula, XPEL FUSION PLUS boasts self-cleaning properties to repel water, dirt and grime. It is scratch-resistant and helps protect against swirl marks and minor wash scratches to maintain a sleek, high-gloss finish.


Product Features:

● Protection from UV rays and oxidation
● Hydrophobic Properties
● 4 Year Warranty
● Fine scratch and swirl resistance
● Stain resistant
● Self-cleaning


FUSION PLUS ceramic coating is available now through the XPEL installer network. FUSION PLUS carries a comprehensive warranty package for four (4) years from the date of application, upon registration and when maintained in accordance with warranty terms and conditions.

XPEL FUSION PLUS ceramic coating does not protect against rock chips. This product is intended to be professionally applied and is compatible with vehicle paint or XPEL paint protection film, as well as vinyl wraps and graphics.

To learn more about XPEL FUSION PLUS, please visit: http://bit.ly/XPELCeramicCoating
XPEL is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 04:26 PM
  #2  
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Posts: 102,807
Thanked 756 Times in 525 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18
Default

How about putting it over Ultimate Pro?
KenHorse is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 04:30 PM
  #3  
XPEL
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
XPEL's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 757
Thanked 117 Times in 84 Posts
Default Yes

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
How about putting it over Ultimate Pro?
Ken,

I'd say that's an excellent idea. The car in the video below is fully wrapped in XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS clear bra and now it's coated with FUSION PLUS. No problemo.

XPEL is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 05:32 PM
  #4  
Rebel Yell
CF Senior Member
 
Rebel Yell's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Down south in Dixie
Posts: 6,084
Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,450 Posts
Default

Oh my, it's a plot to get me into more trouble with my dearest. I just told her last week I was taking the GS to our local Xpel installer for the Xpel ultimate PPF. Now, I've got to tell her I gonna buy something else while I'm there. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.
Rebel Yell is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel Yell For This Useful Post:
Bigfoot16 (03-17-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 05:51 PM
  #5  
XPEL
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
XPEL's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 757
Thanked 117 Times in 84 Posts
Default :)

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
Oh my, it's a plot to get me into more trouble with my dearest. I just told her last week I was taking the GS to our local Xpel installer for the Xpel ultimate PPF. Now, I've got to tell her I gonna buy something else while I'm there. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.
Haha this is the best reply we've seen all week! Love it! Tell your dearest that it will make your car so much easier to clean that you'll be able to clean it much faster and get back to spending time with her.
XPEL is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 07:13 PM
  #6  
Vetteman Jack
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Vetteman Jack's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Missouri. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Posts: 267,546
Thanked 3,920 Times in 3,431 Posts
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Default

Will have to look into the Fusion product next time I visit my Xpel installer - which should be in the next month or so.
Vetteman Jack is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Vetteman Jack For This Useful Post:
XPEL (03-15-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:10 PM
  #7  
mdolandese
CF Senior Member
 
mdolandese's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Location: Wauconda Il
Posts: 461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 117 Times in 97 Posts
Default

I'm trying the Car Pro Skin, same thing. New product just came out specifically for PPF and you could do it yourself for about $70.00
mdolandese is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 08:41 PM
  #8  
ShadowGray19
CF Member
 
ShadowGray19's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default

I was contemplating getting the Xpel Clear Bra put on my car in the next week or two. After seeing this video, I am thinking having the whole car done with the Xpel Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating instead. What kind of cost are we looking at to do a new 2019 Stingray. Prep should not be a big issue. The car has less than 400 miles on it. I know I could do both but I am also getting a Borla Axle Back exhaust system installed on the car next week. My budget is not unlimited.
ShadowGray19 is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 10:06 PM
  #9  
ZFLASH
CF Senior Member
 
ZFLASH's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: Houston Republic of Texas
Posts: 1,973
Thanked 51 Times in 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14, '16
Default

I might be down to Lake McQueeny in a couple of weeks, will this help cover up some scratches I have on my wrap that the car came with? I don't know how old the wrap is, but seems to scratch easily.Thanks, L8R ZFLASH
ZFLASH is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 11:02 PM
  #10  
SuperdadZ06
CF Senior Member
 
SuperdadZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 650
Thanked 177 Times in 120 Posts
Default

I had my car wrapped XPEL and added ceramic coating right after taking possession from the dealership. When I took it to my local detailer in town for the first time he was furious that I didn't use him for the xpel and that I went with ceramic coating. As fate would have it I had my Vette out today and stopped by to see him. Low and behold he became certified to apply ceramic coating over the winter but is still completely opposed. He believes several coatings of high quality vintage wax at first and then one good waxing annually is a better more cost effective solution. He cited concerns if the car is in an accident and what happens when the coating is no longer effective. He said that the car has to be completely sanded down and then coated again, a very expensive proposition. He showed me some test cars that have been left outside and compared to wax, the waxed side of the car seemed to hold up better. I know there are arguments on both sides of the fence but his primary point that ceramic coating changes the chemistry of the paint kind of hit home. My decision may work out because my car is not a daily driver, is garage kept and only gets hand washed and finished with a ceramic pro spray. I love the look but it was pricey. Hope this helps someone thinking about it
SuperdadZ06 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperdadZ06 For This Useful Post:
XPEL (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 06:31 AM
  #11  
cowboy casey
CF Senior Member
 
cowboy casey's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2013
Posts: 738
Thanked 203 Times in 156 Posts
Default

That's because he is out of work now, with wax you have to come back and see him to "reapply" 2 to 3 times a year... I DD mine and would recommend everyone get ceramic coating , makes life so much easier... If there was an accident and a panel needed replaced you could do paint correction and coating on just that panel...

Originally Posted by SuperdadZ06 View Post
I had my car wrapped XPEL and added ceramic coating right after taking possession from the dealership. When I took it to my local detailer in town for the first time he was furious that I didn't use him for the xpel and that I went with ceramic coating. As fate would have it I had my Vette out today and stopped by to see him. Low and behold he became certified to apply ceramic coating over the winter but is still completely opposed. He believes several coatings of high quality vintage wax at first and then one good waxing annually is a better more cost effective solution. He cited concerns if the car is in an accident and what happens when the coating is no longer effective. He said that the car has to be completely sanded down and then coated again, a very expensive proposition. He showed me some test cars that have been left outside and compared to wax, the waxed side of the car seemed to hold up better. I know there are arguments on both sides of the fence but his primary point that ceramic coating changes the chemistry of the paint kind of hit home. My decision may work out because my car is not a daily driver, is garage kept and only gets hand washed and finished with a ceramic pro spray. I love the look but it was pricey. Hope this helps someone thinking about it
cowboy casey is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:43 AM
  #12  
Rebel Yell
CF Senior Member
 
Rebel Yell's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Down south in Dixie
Posts: 6,084
Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,450 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
Haha this is the best reply we've seen all week! Love it! Tell your dearest that it will make your car so much easier to clean that you'll be able to clean it much faster and get back to spending time with her.
Well there ya go, why didn't I think of that?
Rebel Yell is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel Yell For This Useful Post:
XPEL (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 10:52 AM
  #13  
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Posts: 102,807
Thanked 756 Times in 525 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18
Default

Originally Posted by ShadowGray19 View Post
I was contemplating getting the Xpel Clear Bra put on my car in the next week or two. After seeing this video, I am thinking having the whole car done with the Xpel Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating instead. What kind of cost are we looking at to do a new 2019 Stingray. Prep should not be a big issue. The car has less than 400 miles on it. I know I could do both but I am also getting a Borla Axle Back exhaust system installed on the car next week. My budget is not unlimited.
A ceramic coating won't protect the paint from rock chips, etc.
KenHorse is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to KenHorse For This Useful Post:
XPEL (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 11:01 AM
  #14  
XPEL
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
XPEL's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 757
Thanked 117 Times in 84 Posts
Default Xpel

Originally Posted by ShadowGray19 View Post
I was contemplating getting the Xpel Clear Bra put on my car in the next week or two. After seeing this video, I am thinking having the whole car done with the Xpel Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating instead. What kind of cost are we looking at to do a new 2019 Stingray. Prep should not be a big issue. The car has less than 400 miles on it. I know I could do both but I am also getting a Borla Axle Back exhaust system installed on the car next week. My budget is not unlimited.
A full Stingray could vary but probably around $1500-$2200 or so depending on how much paint correction is there. We do want to specify that ceramic coatings do NOT protect against rock chips and heavier scratches like the clear bra film will. Our recommendation is to get the ULTIMATE PLUS PPF installed on the full front end and rocker panel areas and then have ceramic coating applied on top of the film and to the rest of the car. This will give you the best of both worlds with the right amount of protection where you need it most.

Originally Posted by ZFLASH View Post
I might be down to Lake McQueeny in a couple of weeks, will this help cover up some scratches I have on my wrap that the car came with? I don't know how old the wrap is, but seems to scratch easily.Thanks, L8R ZFLASH
When you say wrap, do you mean an existing clear bra or a vinyl graphic type of wrap?
XPEL is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to XPEL For This Useful Post:
ShadowGray19 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 04:01 PM
  #15  
ShadowGray19
CF Member
 
ShadowGray19's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
A full Stingray could vary but probably around $1500-$2200 or so depending on how much paint correction is there. We do want to specify that ceramic coatings do NOT protect against rock chips and heavier scratches like the clear bra film will. Our recommendation is to get the ULTIMATE PLUS PPF installed on the full front end and rocker panel areas and then have ceramic coating applied on top of the film and to the rest of the car. This will give you the best of both worlds with the right amount of protection where you need it most.
Thanks. I am also getting a $2,500 Borla Axle Back Exhaust system installed next week so my aftermarket budget is getting stretched pretty thin. I may just go with the Ultimate Plus PPF on the front, mirrors, and rocker panels for now.
ShadowGray19 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowGray19 For This Useful Post:
XPEL (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 04:20 PM
  #16  
XPEL
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
XPEL's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 757
Thanked 117 Times in 84 Posts
Default Xpel

Originally Posted by ShadowGray19 View Post
Thanks. I am also getting a $2,500 Borla Axle Back Exhaust system installed next week so my aftermarket budget is getting stretched pretty thin. I may just go with the Ultimate Plus PPF on the front, mirrors, and rocker panels for now.
I think that's an excellent compromise. Do the PPF first and then when the aftermarket budget is a little flush again, go with the ceramic coating. Ceramic coatings can be applied ANYTIME whereas a clear bra you want to apply with as few chips and scratches as possible.
XPEL is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to XPEL For This Useful Post:
ShadowGray19 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 04:25 PM
  #17  
JeepSRT+C7
CF Senior Member
 
JeepSRT+C7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 662
Thanks: 0
Thanked 93 Times in 70 Posts
Default

My installer in Atlanta will use a combo of Xpel and Suntek on my car. I assume this is okay to use on Suntek as well?
JeepSRT+C7 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 04:27 PM
  #18  
XPEL
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
XPEL's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 757
Thanked 117 Times in 84 Posts
Default Yes

Originally Posted by JeepSRT+C7 View Post
My installer in Atlanta will use a combo of Xpel and Suntek on my car. I assume this is okay to use on Suntek as well?
Oh you're going to Derek? He's a great guy. You can always push for XPEL on every panel and he's happy to accommodate.

Yes, it should work on other brands of PPF as well.
XPEL is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 05:00 PM
  #19  
JeepSRT+C7
CF Senior Member
 
JeepSRT+C7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 662
Thanks: 0
Thanked 93 Times in 70 Posts
Default

hahaha...I figured you may know him. Yea he rocks.

I'm getting the whole car redone. It spent just over two years living outside. Film looks "dirty/contaminated" from that and not being able to keep her clean often. Now, it's in a garage when I'm home and I park in a parking garage at work as well. Much better current conditions. So, fresh film soon. AND, some of my panels are covered from an insurance claim from my car being gently hit.
JeepSRT+C7 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to JeepSRT+C7 For This Useful Post:
XPEL (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 05:07 PM
  #20  
XPEL
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
XPEL's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 757
Thanked 117 Times in 84 Posts
Default Yes

Originally Posted by JeepSRT+C7 View Post
hahaha...I figured you may know him. Yea he rocks.

I'm getting the whole car redone. It spent just over two years living outside. Film looks "dirty/contaminated" from that and not being able to keep her clean often. Now, it's in a garage when I'm home and I park in a parking garage at work as well. Much better current conditions. So, fresh film soon. AND, some of my panels are covered from an insurance claim from my car being gently hit.
Yeah he does. Excellent quality.

I think a ceramic coating would work wonders for you to help maintain the new PPF and make everything slick and hydrophobic. Sorry to hear about the gentle hit, but at least insurance company is paying to take care of it.
XPEL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: