Sponsored by:

All New Ceramic Coating from XPEL

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 03:12 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Default All New Ceramic Coating from XPEL

XPEL FUSION PLUS Ceramic Coating is a nano ceramic clear liquid coating that can be applied to paint, glass, vinyl and paint protection films, which provides a fortified layer of vehicle protection. Bonding at a molecular level, the ceramic coating seals and protects vehicle surfaces from environmental contaminants, including pollutants, tree sap and insect acids. XPEL FUSION PLUS shields against harmful UV rays and corrosion. In fact, it helps to reduce the amount of oxidation, which can result in dull, fading paint.

Using a hydrophobic formula, XPEL FUSION PLUS boasts self-cleaning properties to repel water, dirt and grime. It is scratch-resistant and helps protect against swirl marks and minor wash scratches to maintain a sleek, high-gloss finish.

Product Features:

● Protection from UV rays and oxidation
● Hydrophobic Properties
● 4 Year Warranty
● Fine scratch and swirl resistance
● Stain resistant
● Self-cleaning

FUSION PLUS ceramic coating is available now through the XPEL installer network. FUSION PLUS carries a comprehensive warranty package for four (4) years from the date of application, upon registration and when maintained in accordance with warranty terms and conditions.

XPEL FUSION PLUS ceramic coating does not protect against rock chips. This product is intended to be professionally applied and is compatible with vehicle paint or XPEL paint protection film, as well as vinyl wraps and graphics.

To learn more about XPEL FUSION PLUS, please visit: http://bit.ly/XPELCeramicCoating
Old 03-14-2019, 04:26 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

How about putting it over Ultimate Pro?
Old 03-14-2019, 04:30 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Default Yes

Originally Posted by KenHorse
How about putting it over Ultimate Pro?
Ken,

I'd say that's an excellent idea. The car in the video below is fully wrapped in XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS clear bra and now it's coated with FUSION PLUS. No problemo.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:32 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Oh my, it's a plot to get me into more trouble with my dearest. I just told her last week I was taking the GS to our local Xpel installer for the Xpel ultimate PPF. Now, I've got to tell her I gonna buy something else while I'm there. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.
The following users liked this post:
Bigfoot16 (03-17-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 05:51 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Default :)

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
Oh my, it's a plot to get me into more trouble with my dearest. I just told her last week I was taking the GS to our local Xpel installer for the Xpel ultimate PPF. Now, I've got to tell her I gonna buy something else while I'm there. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.
Haha this is the best reply we've seen all week! Love it! Tell your dearest that it will make your car so much easier to clean that you'll be able to clean it much faster and get back to spending time with her.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:13 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,293 Likes on 13,966 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Will have to look into the Fusion product next time I visit my Xpel installer - which should be in the next month or so.
XPEL (03-15-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:10 PM
mdolandese
Melting Slicks

Received 747 Likes on 561 Posts

I'm trying the Car Pro Skin, same thing. New product just came out specifically for PPF and you could do it yourself for about $70.00
Old 03-14-2019, 08:41 PM
ShadowGray19
Pro

Received 379 Likes on 209 Posts

I was contemplating getting the Xpel Clear Bra put on my car in the next week or two. After seeing this video, I am thinking having the whole car done with the Xpel Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating instead. What kind of cost are we looking at to do a new 2019 Stingray. Prep should not be a big issue. The car has less than 400 miles on it. I know I could do both but I am also getting a Borla Axle Back exhaust system installed on the car next week. My budget is not unlimited.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:06 PM
ZFLASH
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14, '16

I might be down to Lake McQueeny in a couple of weeks, will this help cover up some scratches I have on my wrap that the car came with? I don't know how old the wrap is, but seems to scratch easily.Thanks, L8R ZFLASH
Old 03-14-2019, 11:02 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

I had my car wrapped XPEL and added ceramic coating right after taking possession from the dealership. When I took it to my local detailer in town for the first time he was furious that I didn't use him for the xpel and that I went with ceramic coating. As fate would have it I had my Vette out today and stopped by to see him. Low and behold he became certified to apply ceramic coating over the winter but is still completely opposed. He believes several coatings of high quality vintage wax at first and then one good waxing annually is a better more cost effective solution. He cited concerns if the car is in an accident and what happens when the coating is no longer effective. He said that the car has to be completely sanded down and then coated again, a very expensive proposition. He showed me some test cars that have been left outside and compared to wax, the waxed side of the car seemed to hold up better. I know there are arguments on both sides of the fence but his primary point that ceramic coating changes the chemistry of the paint kind of hit home. My decision may work out because my car is not a daily driver, is garage kept and only gets hand washed and finished with a ceramic pro spray. I love the look but it was pricey. Hope this helps someone thinking about it
The following 2 users liked this post by SuperdadZ06:
MusicCityMan243 (01-27-2020), XPEL (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 06:31 AM
cowboy casey
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 389 Posts

That's because he is out of work now, with wax you have to come back and see him to "reapply" 2 to 3 times a year... I DD mine and would recommend everyone get ceramic coating , makes life so much easier... If there was an accident and a panel needed replaced you could do paint correction and coating on just that panel...

Originally Posted by SuperdadZ06
I had my car wrapped XPEL and added ceramic coating right after taking possession from the dealership. When I took it to my local detailer in town for the first time he was furious that I didn't use him for the xpel and that I went with ceramic coating. As fate would have it I had my Vette out today and stopped by to see him. Low and behold he became certified to apply ceramic coating over the winter but is still completely opposed. He believes several coatings of high quality vintage wax at first and then one good waxing annually is a better more cost effective solution. He cited concerns if the car is in an accident and what happens when the coating is no longer effective. He said that the car has to be completely sanded down and then coated again, a very expensive proposition. He showed me some test cars that have been left outside and compared to wax, the waxed side of the car seemed to hold up better. I know there are arguments on both sides of the fence but his primary point that ceramic coating changes the chemistry of the paint kind of hit home. My decision may work out because my car is not a daily driver, is garage kept and only gets hand washed and finished with a ceramic pro spray. I love the look but it was pricey. Hope this helps someone thinking about it
Old 03-15-2019, 10:43 AM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL
Haha this is the best reply we've seen all week! Love it! Tell your dearest that it will make your car so much easier to clean that you'll be able to clean it much faster and get back to spending time with her.
Well there ya go, why didn't I think of that?
XPEL (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 10:52 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by ShadowGray19
I was contemplating getting the Xpel Clear Bra put on my car in the next week or two. After seeing this video, I am thinking having the whole car done with the Xpel Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating instead. What kind of cost are we looking at to do a new 2019 Stingray. Prep should not be a big issue. The car has less than 400 miles on it. I know I could do both but I am also getting a Borla Axle Back exhaust system installed on the car next week. My budget is not unlimited.
A ceramic coating won't protect the paint from rock chips, etc.
XPEL (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 11:01 AM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Default Xpel

A full Stingray could vary but probably around $1500-$2200 or so depending on how much paint correction is there. We do want to specify that ceramic coatings do NOT protect against rock chips and heavier scratches like the clear bra film will. Our recommendation is to get the ULTIMATE PLUS PPF installed on the full front end and rocker panel areas and then have ceramic coating applied on top of the film and to the rest of the car. This will give you the best of both worlds with the right amount of protection where you need it most.

Originally Posted by ZFLASH
I might be down to Lake McQueeny in a couple of weeks, will this help cover up some scratches I have on my wrap that the car came with? I don't know how old the wrap is, but seems to scratch easily.Thanks, L8R ZFLASH
When you say wrap, do you mean an existing clear bra or a vinyl graphic type of wrap?
ShadowGray19 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 04:01 PM
ShadowGray19
Pro

Received 379 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL
A full Stingray could vary but probably around $1500-$2200 or so depending on how much paint correction is there. We do want to specify that ceramic coatings do NOT protect against rock chips and heavier scratches like the clear bra film will. Our recommendation is to get the ULTIMATE PLUS PPF installed on the full front end and rocker panel areas and then have ceramic coating applied on top of the film and to the rest of the car. This will give you the best of both worlds with the right amount of protection where you need it most.
Thanks. I am also getting a $2,500 Borla Axle Back Exhaust system installed next week so my aftermarket budget is getting stretched pretty thin. I may just go with the Ultimate Plus PPF on the front, mirrors, and rocker panels for now.
XPEL (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 04:20 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Default Xpel

Thanks. I am also getting a $2,500 Borla Axle Back Exhaust system installed next week so my aftermarket budget is getting stretched pretty thin. I may just go with the Ultimate Plus PPF on the front, mirrors, and rocker panels for now.
I think that's an excellent compromise. Do the PPF first and then when the aftermarket budget is a little flush again, go with the ceramic coating. Ceramic coatings can be applied ANYTIME whereas a clear bra you want to apply with as few chips and scratches as possible.
ShadowGray19 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 04:25 PM
Jaykoh-Z51
Drifting

Received 376 Likes on 265 Posts

My installer in Atlanta will use a combo of Xpel and Suntek on my car. I assume this is okay to use on Suntek as well?

Get notified of new replies

To All New Ceramic Coating from XPEL

Old 03-15-2019, 04:27 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Default Yes

Originally Posted by JeepSRT+C7
My installer in Atlanta will use a combo of Xpel and Suntek on my car. I assume this is okay to use on Suntek as well?
Oh you're going to Derek? He's a great guy. You can always push for XPEL on every panel and he's happy to accommodate.

Yes, it should work on other brands of PPF as well.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:00 PM
Jaykoh-Z51
Drifting

Received 376 Likes on 265 Posts

hahaha...I figured you may know him. Yea he rocks.

I'm getting the whole car redone. It spent just over two years living outside. Film looks "dirty/contaminated" from that and not being able to keep her clean often. Now, it's in a garage when I'm home and I park in a parking garage at work as well. Much better current conditions. So, fresh film soon. AND, some of my panels are covered from an insurance claim from my car being gently hit.
XPEL (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 05:07 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Default Yes

Originally Posted by JeepSRT+C7
hahaha...I figured you may know him. Yea he rocks.

I'm getting the whole car redone. It spent just over two years living outside. Film looks "dirty/contaminated" from that and not being able to keep her clean often. Now, it's in a garage when I'm home and I park in a parking garage at work as well. Much better current conditions. So, fresh film soon. AND, some of my panels are covered from an insurance claim from my car being gently hit.
Yeah he does. Excellent quality.

I think a ceramic coating would work wonders for you to help maintain the new PPF and make everything slick and hydrophobic. Sorry to hear about the gentle hit, but at least insurance company is paying to take care of it.

Quick Reply: All New Ceramic Coating from XPEL