C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone own a Gen V Viper and a C7?

Old 03-15-2019, 11:22 AM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Default Anyone own a Gen V Viper and a C7?

I've wanted a Viper since I was a kid in the 90s when they came out. I like the versatility of the C7 and the removable roof, but the lust for a Viper just won't leave. Car would be a weekend toy and nice weather driver.

Anyone have both or go from one to the other?
Old 03-15-2019, 03:17 PM
dbirdhouse1
CF Senior Member

I've not owned a newer Viper but I got the chance to drive one (briefly, 10 minutes); a sledge hammer of a car even compared to the Vette, more demanding, made me nervous (but then again, 10 minutes in another person's car, tough to claim expertise) and less forgiving...a Vette with the **** at 11.....
Old 03-15-2019, 10:57 PM
67 coupe
CF Member

I have both a 2018 GS and and a 2016 Viper GT that I purchased new. The Viper is a monster. I'm a long time Vette guy and always will be, but the Viper is a whole other experience. It's unique appearance, race car power and handling make it a rock star toy. Turns heads where ever you go. Also, the Viper is likely to depreciate slowly, if at all, over time. Like you I always wanted one.
My problem is I don't have a lot of time to drive it and currently it has only covered 500 miles and is as new. I'm pretty sure I'm going to put it up for sale as I have a desire to possibly get a Mclaren. You only live once.

Last edited by 67 coupe; 03-15-2019 at 10:58 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 67 coupe For This Useful Post:
joemessman (03-16-2019), Yaupon (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 12:34 AM
OH THREE Z
CF Senior Member

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

im in the same boat. ive always wanted a Viper but for one reason or other it hasnt happened. im getting very close to getting a Gen V and have my eyes on a low mile TA that will make a great stablemate for the Z
Old 03-16-2019, 04:20 AM
joemessman
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,390 Times in 932 Posts

My brother has a 2011 Viper he bought new. We will trade cars once in a while. I have driven it from Hood River, Oregon to Lake Havasu a couple of times and other various jaunts with it.
In a nutshell a Viper is a race car you can drive on the street with emphasis on race car. Corvette is a street car you can race with emphasis on either. The Viper for me is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. I get tired in that Viper after about 200 miles.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joemessman For This Useful Post:
Corgidog1 (03-16-2019), Yaupon (03-16-2019)

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: