Sponsored by:

Novistretch question

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 09:29 AM
graveyard
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Novistretch question

Guys thinking about buying a novistretch for my base corvette and was wondering if any of you had a lot of miies with this thing without any scratches on the paint?I was at the tenn corvette expo and the lot of the guys had them on there and drive from many states but I did not get to talk to many of them about the bra.Any info will be helpful Im not going to leave it on there just have it for long trips only and was concerned about the paint being scratched somewhat.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:04 AM
Inferno24
Racer

Received 311 Likes on 137 Posts

I purchased a Novistretch bra last spring and I put it on my car at the beginning of the summer. I left the bra on for the entire summer mainly to keep the bugs off the car and out of the radiator. I even left it on when I washed the car. When I took it off in September I discovered that there was NO marring, scratches or anything else on the car. It did not cause any damage at all. I threw the bra in the washing machine and hung it to dry and wrapped it up in the original box and it is standing by to be installed again this summer.

Here is a picture of the front end of my car taken in November after the bra came off. I had just detailed the car before putting it away for the winter.

Last edited by Inferno24; 03-17-2019 at 10:10 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Inferno24:
graveyard (03-17-2019), Rebel Yell (03-17-2019)
Old 03-17-2019, 10:24 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

I only use mine on semi long trips, keeps junk out of rad. Have not seen any ill affects from using it. Easy on easy off. I was at the EXPO and they were selling them for 120.00
Old 03-17-2019, 10:25 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

Just so you know, my C7 Stingray is 5 years old today! Yep, St. Patrick's Day! However I've had a Novistretch Bra along with the little mirror ones as well for about 3 1/2 years and I've used them on several long trips of over 3500 miles thru hurricane produced torrential rains and all sorts of crappy roads as well as interstates under construction. I've had zero scratches or problems with them. Now they will not stop a large stone or debris from scratching your car but they do a great job against bugs and smaller stuff. I have a picture of my car just after arriving home from one of the latest long trip from SW Florida to PA back thru VA, SC and home to SW Florida. If you look carefully at the second picture right after I took off the bras you can see some accumulated dirt in the lower left and there was some on the right as well but that was all. They held up great. Just saying!

The following users liked this post:
graveyard (03-17-2019)
Old 03-17-2019, 01:21 PM
jimmbbo
Melting Slicks

Received 950 Likes on 609 Posts

Never had any problem with them driving in heavy rain for several hours... simply removes and washed the dirt out, hung to dry in an hour or two... They do keep the radiator clear of bugs, leaves, etc.
One caveat is that if you have front cameras, the bra renders them all but useless (moreso in low light conditions), requiring reinforced holes over the cameras to return them to usefulness.
Additionally, the method of fitting the bra around the lower outer fender corner is pretty lame... having to loosen and retighten the lower outer air dams is a PITA, so I just hooked the fabric around the corner of the fender with no adverse affect
Old 03-17-2019, 01:32 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

I don't have front cameras on my Stingray, but I absolutely love using my NovaStretch bra for road trips. I don't use it for highway driving in town though. It's a must-have for any road trip.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:13 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

The Novistretch is very easy on paint and shows no sign of rubbing at over 20,000 miles. I have heard complaints about the firmer bras, such as from GM itself, causing issues. The Novistretch is cheap, easy to use, easy to store.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:41 PM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 502 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell
Just so you know, my C7 Stingray is 5 years old today! Yep, St. Patrick's Day! However I've had a Novistretch Bra along with the little mirror ones as well for about 3 1/2 years and I've used them on several long trips of over 3500 miles thru hurricane produced torrential rains and all sorts of crappy roads as well as interstates under construction. I've had zero scratches or problems with them. Now they will not stop a large stone or debris from scratching your car but they do a great job against bugs and smaller stuff. I have a picture of my car just after arriving home from one of the latest long trip from SW Florida to PA back thru VA, SC and home to SW Florida. If you look carefully at the second picture right after I took off the bras you can see some accumulated dirt in the lower left and there was some on the right as well but that was all. They held up great. Just saying!

What he said I am on my 3rd C7 as a daily driver and while I was fortunate enough to be allowed feedback n the earlier versions in 2014, I am fascinated to see they have taken my input ( I am sure others as well) on reinforcing the corners and going with a tougher mesh....they give you great protection ( you will take a hit with the larger stones ) go an off fast ( once you install the snaps) and allow the car to breathe. Plus they do not loook like crap on the car . I will tell you it takes some getting used to when looking at front cameras do to the mesh , but you can see what you need. I suggested notching them out but must be more complicated ...worth the money !!
The following users liked this post:
Mike Campbell (03-18-2019)
Old 03-17-2019, 03:24 PM
graveyard
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks guys i will be buying one shortly i need it for some trips i plan to go on!
Old 03-17-2019, 10:21 PM
Vegas1500
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 256 Likes on 168 Posts

Anyone have one on their Z06 with Z07? Website says it won’t work with Z07.

Get notified of new replies

To Novistretch question

Quick Reply: Novistretch question