Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Size of wrap for C7 Splitter

Old 03-19-2019, 08:27 PM
Kelsvet
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Size of wrap for C7 Splitter

Hello! I tried searching the forums, but didn't really find the info I needed, sorry if this is a repeat question that I missed.

I bought Carbon Flash side skirts for my car, but I have the plastic front splitter on my car. I want to wrap that in carbon flash as well. I heard two pieces will work the best, and the seam isn't really noticeable. It comes in various sizes, would 5ft long by 1 ft wide work x 2? I haven't taken the front splitter off, so I am not sure how wide it is.

Also I would like to wrap the mirrors and the spoiler, but I hear that is a bit trickier. Any advice or sizes there would be welcome.

Could I pay to have this done, sure I could, but it's kind of fun to do stuff yourself.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Kelsvet; 03-19-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:26 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

I've done it... Just recently I did my carbon fiber front splitter and A pillars to match the side skirts.....yes, it would be a nightmare to do it with one piece of vinyl, not to mention a huge amount of waste and horrible handling issues.... I did it with two halves meeting dead center in the middle of the front bumper. With two halves all you need for each side is a section of vinyl about a foot wide and no more than 4 feet wide.I angled the carbon fiber pattern to look like each piece flared out from the center point, was a difficult math problem...lol. Will post up pics soon, as the splitter is now on the car in the cold garage....

Last edited by $$$frumnuttin'; 03-19-2019 at 11:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Kelsvet (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 07:28 AM
Kelsvet
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Awesome, thanks for the info, can't wait to see pics. I feel your pain about the cold garage!

Get notified of new replies

To Size of wrap for C7 Splitter

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Size of wrap for C7 Splitter