Sponsored by:

Will I regret this

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 01:24 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by Mayor111
Sounds like price is a nice benefit in this deal (only losing $1000) for a really nice gain in HP and performance...but Im a huge fan of color and color combos. No offense to anyone, but silver would be a deal killer for me. It's just one of those colors that doesn't make anyone go "ooooohhhh" or "ahhhhhh"...they may do that cause its a Corvette...but rarely cause its silver.

A blue GS probably looks amazing...not sure Id give up that color for HP you'll never use (again, unless you track your car)... Good luck - post pictures of whatever car you decide to own...
Same here. Silver was a deal killer for me too. It has no pop to it. Just as you wrote. Porsche and Mercedes have Silvers that POP!
Old 05-27-2019, 07:37 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Obviously, the deal is done. If we were talking Stingray to Z06, I would say definitely do it. But.........you already own the Z06 look alike....so we are mostly talking horsepower here. Now here is where I would say hesitate on the car. You obviously like your Admiral blue. Silver is a long way from that color, now if Silver would have been your second choice when you bought the Grandsport, then again, I would say go for it. I told myself that for the prices we pay, I'm getting exactly what I want and that definitely means my first choice in color and maybe the second choice. (That goes for any vehicle that I buy, regardless of manufacturer) The question is how much do you like the Silver? If you like the Silver, then I'd say go for it......keeping in mind, in the end, it is still about the horsepower. Enjoy those new found ponies.

Last edited by m3incorp; 05-27-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:41 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

How much is a full wrap? Depending on the price, that may not make it worth the extra money to be spent on the new car.

Originally Posted by 2019Vette
If you’re in a position where you can afford to do this and have that car, surely you can afford to wrap it another colour.... that’s what I would do!

Quick Reply: Will I regret this